How to change links, ads, layout on right side?

dartdog

Jan 14, 2009, 7:50:21 PM1/14/09
to Bloog - Blog for Google AppEngine
Ok I'm pretty new at this but I've got the basics working on my dev
server local host but don't see how or where to edit the right
sidebars for the links or to remove or alter the ad space. Is it a
master page? IE Bloog development links and Google app engine links?
where is the master template? but more important where is the content,
since I don't want to break every thing? Put basics up at
http:tombrander.worpress.com Great project!

dartdog

Jan 14, 2009, 9:29:27 PM1/14/09
to Bloog - Blog for Google AppEngine
Found the links in the config.py file but would still like to replace
the ads with an rss reader, but don't see the ad feeder?

dartdog

Jan 14, 2009, 11:48:19 PM1/14/09
to Bloog - Blog for Google AppEngine
Ok I found the Ads.html but I still don't see a "master" page layout.
the base.htm seems to only define two columns and I think the ad's are
in the third col, or should I be counting from 0?, but If so I still
don't see it? So I'm not sure how to alter this file to incorporate
one or two RSS feeds... suggestions welcome

Also do I need to modify something to get current dates for archives?
The default bar shows 2004-2008 and no 2009. your live site has only
2009...

As is obvious this schema is totally new to me! Help welcome and
appreciated.

Bill

Jan 15, 2009, 2:44:32 AM1/15/09
to Bloog - Blog for Google AppEngine
You'll have to review the Django templates page. Just google "Django
template" and you'll see it.

For any handler in Bloog, the view template is defined in the view/
directory under the module directory and then the handler name +
'.html'

So to figure out the view, start with the handler that's called by the
URL, use the convention I described above to find the
corresponding .html in the /view directory. When you look at
the .html associated with the handler, you'll notice {% extend... %}
statements. Read the Django template documentation and it should be
clear what's happening given the {% block... %} statements.
-Bill

dartdog

Jan 15, 2009, 3:01:31 PM1/15/09
to Bloog - Blog for Google AppEngine
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll post something when I "get" it!