Bloggers meet with Mr. RK Mishra and Ashwin Mahesh this Sunday

1 view

Sanjukta Basu

Feb 4, 2009, 7:32:02 AM2/4/09
to blogal...@googlegroups.com, tri...@gmail.com
Friends,

We, the Bangalore Bloggers have a great opportunity to participate in the planning and development process of our favourite city, Bengaluru.

Many of you might have already heard of Bengaluru Vedike. It's an initiative by Member of Parliament - Mr Rajeev Chandrasekhar. A platform for public-spirited citizens of Bengaluru, aimed at making a difference to the future of Bengaluru by engaging all its stakeholders to a vision of clean, green, safe and progressive city.

Under its activities, the Vedike team have recently launched four action plans and blueprints in the areas of (1) Govern Bangalore, 2) Road Traffic Management 3) Urban Poor 4) Security

Lead India winner Mr. RK Mishra and India Together's Co-founder Mr. Ashwin Mahesh, who are also members of ABIDE, have co-authored the action plan related to Road Traffic Mangament. They have expressed their willingness to meet the Bangalore Bloggers to obtain their feedback / review of the plans.

Their aim is to get every Bangalorean to review these plans and add their feedback or add any specific concerns that might have been missed out and there is no better way to reach out but through the bloggers. You could also give your reviews / feedback / bricks / bouquets about the plans on your personal blogs which could be featured on the Vedike home page.(Terms and Conditions apply. Would be decided post the meeting)

ABIDE team have offered to provide for the venue and lunch.

So here are the final details, Please reply to this mail cc marking to blogal...@gmail.com to confirm your participation.

Event: Bangalore Bloggers Meet with Bengaluru Vedike
Date: Sunday, 8th February 2009
Time: 10 am to 1 pm

Agenda:
10 am to 10.30 am - Question & Answer sessions on "who, what, why of Bengaluru Vedike and ABIDE"
10.30 am to 11.30 pm - Presentation on the plan.
11.30 to 1 pm: Discussion about the Plans
1pm to 1.30: Lunch

Venue: Koramangala Club
Participation: Free but with prior intimation to the contact person below.

Contact Person:
Sanjukta 9900119681

Please be there. Please note this is not a formal conference or seminar, this a bloggers meet organized in the true free spirit of blogging.

--
:-)

Sanjukta
This is my Truth | http://sanjukta.wordpress.com/
and This is my Mind | http://sanjuktasviews.wordpress.com
and catch me live 24x7 on http://twitter.com/sanjukta

Mohan

Feb 4, 2009, 11:37:39 AM2/4/09
to blogal...@googlegroups.com
Damn it! Why do I have to miss out on every single cool event that happens! Damn damn damn!

Ergo, someone has to liveblog, and tell me all about it :)

As is obvious, I won't make it, but I hope its a really good meet, and you get a wonderful exposure!

All the best,

Snigdha Vinayak Das

Feb 4, 2009, 11:59:50 PM2/4/09
to blogal...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately I will also nt be able to make it. Have an appointment with the Doc on Sunday.

But I wish all the luck to the participants.

Snigdha

Sanjukta Basu

Feb 5, 2009, 12:19:55 AM2/5/09
to blogal...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Here's the announcement of the event on our official blog.

Nirav Thakker

Feb 5, 2009, 10:55:37 AM2/5/09
to blogal...@googlegroups.com

Holy!

I would not be able to make it either! My collar bone still does not allow me to travel places yet!!! L

When Life throws a lemon at you, make a lemonade!

Nirav Thakker

Bangalore

http://www.niravthakker.co.cc

mobile:

+91-9845-950-420

Want a signature like this?

halli dude

Feb 5, 2009, 11:20:29 AM2/5/09
to Blog'a'Loreans the Brand of Banglaore Bloggers
count me in

On Feb 5, 8:55 pm, "Nirav Thakker" <normaltus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Holy!
>
> I would not be able to make it either! My collar bone still does not allow
> me to travel places yet!!! L
>
>  <http://www.niravthakker.co.cc> When Life throws a lemon at you, make a
> lemonade!
>
> Nirav Thakker
>
> Bangalore
>
>  <http://www.niravthakker.co.cc>http://www.niravthakker.co.cc
>
> mobile:
>
> +91-9845-950-420
>
>  <http://www.plaxo.com/signature?src=client_sig_212_1_banner_sig〈=en>
> Want a signature like this?

Sivaraman Natarajan

Feb 5, 2009, 10:14:03 PM2/5/09
to blogal...@googlegroups.com
Fellow bloggers,

I am in :)

This is the first time, I'll be meeting many of you...I guess, it is going to be great!

Regards,
--
Shiva.

Sanjukta Basu

Feb 6, 2009, 12:36:05 AM2/6/09
to blogal...@googlegroups.com, amitt...@gmail.com, supreeth....@gmail.com, cool...@gmail.com, kunalk...@gmail.com, Supriy Shah, tri...@gmail.com
All,

An Important announcement, the Sunday meeting might get cancelled due to lack of significant participation from the Bloggers, at the sole discretion of ABIDE team. So far I have received the following 5 confirmation. (All cc marked) We would close registration this afternoon and then ABIDE team (represented here by Mr. Trigam Mukherjee - cc marked) would take a decision.

1) Amit Mittal
2) Supreeth
3) Supriy
4) Sivaraman
5) Kunal Kant + friends
PS. I can understand the concern the ABIDE team is probably having. After all Mr. Mishra and Mahesh are busy people it doesnt make sense for them to meet 5-6 of us. But in the alternative we blogaloreans can always carry on with our meeting (in a different venue and a little later in the day may be) even in absence of ABIDE team - What do you guys think??

Please suggest.

Nishu Goyal

Feb 6, 2009, 1:09:07 AM2/6/09
to blogal...@googlegroups.com
count me in !

PS: a few bloggers represents whole blogosphere !
--
regards,
nishu.

Sanjukta Basu

Feb 6, 2009, 8:11:10 AM2/6/09
to blogal...@googlegroups.com, amitt...@gmail.com, supreeth....@gmail.com, cool...@gmail.com, kunalk...@gmail.com, Supriy Shah, Deepak Thandassery, tri...@gmail.com
Update on this:

Since this morning I got 3 more confirmations:

Nishu Goyal
@netbrahma (via twitter)
Deepak
Total - 8 confirmation.

Ergo: ABIDE team won't be there. Ergo CANCELLED.

Let's focus on the Free hug campaign now :)