different catalog rescan times, etc

1 view

Rudro

Apr 4, 2009, 4:30:15 PM4/4/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
wanted to make a couple of suggestions for the developers:
1. i have set my rescan time to 1/2 hour since i like quicksilver to
keep track of my documents (pdfs, etc). I would however like QS to
rescan the frequently-changed folders like Downloads or Desktop a lot
more frequently. can QS have this kind of option: users can create
custom scan intervals (including 'continuously monitor') and drag
parts of the catalog into those categories.
2. can users have the option to stop QS from indexing certain folders
(which may be a few layers deep in the main documents folder and in
the current scenario one has to separately index every folder till
that level) and file types (for eg, aux files associated with latex
files)?
3. finally, QS indexes files inside bundle files like the iwork '08
files - this creates many useless entries in the catalog.

thanks for this convenience!