quicksilver, automator, ftp?

kest

Nov 1, 2008, 2:07:41 PM11/1/08
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
So what I'm really trying to do is find a file with quicksilver and
then upload it to my server via FTP. The only quicksilver ftp plugin
I've been able to find is for Transmit, which costs money. (Generally
I've been using Filezilla.) I found an action for Automator that
uploads to ftp, which works brilliantly in a workflow using the finder
selection, but I can't figure out how to make it use the quicksilver
selection. There's a very helpful looking 'Get Quicksilver Selection'
action but it doesn't seem to work. (It says its 'executable is not
loadable'.) Anybody got any ideas where to go from here?

Howard Melman

Nov 1, 2008, 2:22:10 PM11/1/08
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com

There's cyberduck, a free ftp app, and a qs plugin. See here for some
issues but last I heard it works:
http://groups.google.com/group/blacktree-quicksilver/browse_thread/thread/a4a6631db4f96264/e8985ebd1a9b47a7

Howard

kest

Nov 2, 2008, 12:24:41 PM11/2/08
to Blacktree: Quicksilver

On Nov 1, 10:22 am, Howard Melman <hmel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There's cyberduck, a free ftp app, and a qs plugin. See here for some
> issues but last I heard it works:http://groups.google.com/group/blacktree-quicksilver/browse_thread/th...

It was my impression (and still is, after further investigation, but
maybe there's something I'm missing) that the cyberduck plugin gets
you as far as opening the connection in cyberduck, but then you still
need to go get the file to upload it. In other words, the Quicksilver
flow only goes Server/Directory -> Open, when what I'm looking for is
MyFile -> Upload to... -> Server/Directory. Transmit and, it appears,
Interarchy have plugins to do the latter, but both are paid software.
Hence my trying to bring Automator into the loop - ideally then
Quicksilver could go MyFile -> Open With... -> Automator App, and the
Automator workflow could go Get File -> Upload. It's just that
'getting file from Quicksilver' part I'm having trouble with.

Howard Melman

Nov 2, 2008, 12:52:57 PM11/2/08
On Nov 2, 2008, at 12:24 PM, kest wrote:

> On Nov 1, 10:22 am, Howard Melman <hmel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> There's cyberduck, a free ftp app, and a qs plugin. See here for
>> some
>> issues but last I heard it works:http://groups.google.com/group/blacktree-quicksilver/browse_thread/th
>
> It was my impression (and still is, after further investigation, but
> maybe there's something I'm missing) that the cyberduck plugin gets
> you as far as opening the connection in cyberduck, but then you still
> need to go get the file to upload it. In other words, the Quicksilver
> flow only goes Server/Directory -> Open, when what I'm looking for is
> MyFile -> Upload to... -> Server/Directory. Transmit and, it appears,
> Interarchy have plugins to do the latter, but both are paid software.

You are correct, my mistake.

> Hence my trying to bring Automator into the loop - ideally then
> Quicksilver could go MyFile -> Open With... -> Automator App, and the
> Automator workflow could go Get File -> Upload. It's just that
> 'getting file from Quicksilver' part I'm having trouble with.

I haven't heard of much automator support in QS. An applescript would
probably do, provided you always upload to the same place (or used
different scripts). Maybe someone else has other ideas.

Howard