Mac OSX Snow Leopard compatability

D. Ebdrup

Jun 16, 2009, 8:04:08 PM6/16/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
Given that I just got access to a seed asset of OSX Snow Leopard, I
installed it and after installing it I noticed that Quicksilver no
longer works. If you need bug reports or such, just instruct me in
what to do and I'll do what I can to help.

Having said that, it's incredible how much one relies on ones launcher
- one really notices it when it's gone. :(

astav

Jun 16, 2009, 10:54:08 PM6/16/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
i tried it too, don't work. Don't know what is going on though.

pendolino

Jun 16, 2009, 11:42:58 PM6/16/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
this is very interesting and important information. i was considering
trying snow leopard out on my soon to be old machine once i receive my
new macbook in a few days.

it will be quite disappointing if i can't use QS.

thoughts and solutions anyone?

Charles Leaver

Jun 17, 2009, 2:49:24 AM6/17/09
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
I think you will find that if you look into this a bit further you
will notice that Quicksilver does work with Snow Leopard, however the
Quicksilver preferences page doesn't work, which is quite annoying.
But my Quicksilver does, I repeat, does, work with Snow Leopard.

Astav Sacheti

Jun 17, 2009, 3:07:31 AM6/17/09
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
i cleaned up the cache/preferences/folder in application support and quicksilver is back.
As charles said, the pref page is broken

pendolino

Jun 17, 2009, 5:04:08 AM6/17/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
does this mean that we can't change any settings in QS once we migrate
to snow leopard? that would eventually render the app useless i think.
thoughts?

Sam

Jun 16, 2009, 11:41:47 PM6/16/09
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
I read somewhere that Apple has removed support for InputManagers
(which Quicksilver is or uses) in Snow Leopard. This is very
disconcerting to all of us Quicksilver users.

Howard Melman

Jun 17, 2009, 8:35:31 AM6/17/09
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Quicksilver is not and does not use InputManagers.

Howard

D. Ebdrup

Jun 17, 2009, 9:42:41 AM6/17/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
That is indeed true. I have also noticed that even after clearing the
preferences and cache and making it work vanilla, some plugins (after
manually putting them in separate folder and moving them back to the
cache in Application Support) break Quicksilver as well. As to why
this is, I don't know.

By the way, just to clarify - I wasn't blaming anyone when saying it
wasn't working. When new OS' come out, some things just break - that's
part of every development cycle of software.

Mohammad Haque

Jun 17, 2009, 11:17:20 AM6/17/09
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
This is not true. QS is not/does not use InputManagers to do it's thing. Also, InputManagers do work in Snow Leopard. You just need to get 64/32-bit compatibility right.

Not sure how much more can be said given that everyone with access to Snow Leopard is bound by NDA.

Sam

Jun 17, 2009, 12:35:45 PM6/17/09
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
I am very happy to have been corrected. Since I'm very new to the OS
X platform (happy switcher here), I'm thrilled to find out it probably
won't be hard to get Quicksilver working with Snow Leopard.

hamad's profrogger

Jun 17, 2009, 12:49:23 PM6/17/09
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
looking forward to a fix since I think no quicksilver could be a
dealbreaker for me.

JoeSchueller

Jun 17, 2009, 10:49:20 PM6/17/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
Agree it feels like a deal-breaker for me too. I have it working, but
like others, can't find the pref-pane. Any clue where pref-pane
settings are stored? I'm hoping they're in a plist file or something
where we could just make a few manual tweaks.

On Jun 17, 12:49 pm, hamad's profrogger <pendol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> looking forward to a fix since I think no quicksilver could be a
> dealbreaker for me.
>
> On 17 Jun 2009, at 19:34, "Sam" <philosopher....@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I am very happy to have been corrected.  Since I'm very new to the OS
> > X platform (happy switcher here), I'm thrilled to find out it probably
> > won't be hard to get Quicksilver working with Snow Leopard.
>
> > On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Mohammad Haque<batman...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> This is not true. QS is not/does not use InputManagers to do it's
> >> thing.
> >> Also, InputManagers do work in Snow Leopard. You just need to get
> >> 64/32-bit
> >> compatibility right.
>
> >> Not sure how much more can be said given that everyone with access
> >> to Snow
> >> Leopard is bound by NDA.
>
> >> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:41 PM, Sam <philosopher....@gmail.com>
Message has been deleted

Eccent

Jun 28, 2009, 4:05:26 AM6/28/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
You could try Quicksilver-b56a7.tar.gz from
http://code.google.com/p/blacktree-alchemy/downloads/list

pendolino

Jun 29, 2009, 1:54:10 PM6/29/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
i got it to work finally after deleting the Quicksilver folder under
library/applicationsupport and starting fresh

shaunhey

Aug 15, 2009, 10:33:18 AM8/15/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
b56a7 works -- preferences and all!

On Jun 28, 4:05 am, Eccent <ecc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You could try Quicksilver-b56a7.tar.gz fromhttp://code.google.com/p/blacktree-alchemy/downloads/list

Zax

Aug 16, 2009, 11:49:31 PM8/16/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
a7 works fine for me. i had to disable the airport module first tho.
one easy way is to remove the plugins folder then reenable stuff and
see what is causing the crash.

naxalite

Aug 17, 2009, 4:56:54 PM8/17/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
I'd love to see a list of what plugins work and do not. Seems address
book also a no go?
just giving up for now and using as app launcher but its so much more
capable....

elldove

Aug 20, 2009, 12:45:13 AM8/20/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
Calculator plugin doesn't work for me. Immediately crashes QS. Seems
to be DOA.

The services plugin doesn't seem to work. After exploring Snow Leopard
a bit, I was surprised to find out how much services had changed in
10.6. It's become a lot more useful.
- Services now only show those services which are applicable to
whatever application you're in, whatever is useful.
-Those services now show up in your contextual menu
-you can use Automator to make your own Services.

meaning you can now create your own contextual menu items using
automator/applescript/shell scripts. This is pretty great. The
keyboard shortcuts system preference now makes it even easier to
assign shortcuts to any service, even those you created.

Downside is, this rethinking of services has meant that QS's plugin
for them is likely useless. Seems like such a plugin could be even
more useful now too. It would be great if some enterprising developer
could create a replacement.

Other than that, QS and Snow Leopard go great together. I'm currently
running the following plugins without issue:
Apple Mail
bezel interface
extra scripts
hotkey triggers
ical
itunes
keychain
notificationhub is installed but I'm not using it much now as Growl
isn't yet ready for SL
Process Manipulation Actions
Safari
System Hotkey
Terminal
Text Manipulation Actions
Web Search

cpak

Aug 27, 2009, 4:56:13 AM8/27/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
I can't seem to get "Command window with selection" to work. "Pull
selection from front application instead of Finder" has no effect on
this either. Command window opens but no selection is loaded. Anyone
experiencing similar problems?

bender

Aug 27, 2009, 3:44:28 PM8/27/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
I have the same issue. QS doesn't crash anymore, but no selections
load into the window pane. Would love to get this working, life is
very difficult without quicksilver. The bezel HUD also doesn't seem
to be compatible.

Mohammad A. Haque

Aug 27, 2009, 4:33:17 PM8/27/09
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com

I can at least confirm the issue. Selection continues to work from
Finder but not any other application.

pendolino

Aug 27, 2009, 5:18:07 PM8/27/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
outside of finder objects (files, folders, etc), this feature has not
worked for me. i used to make much use of grabbing selected text from
any app into quicksilver and i have much missed this feature but it's
been a long time since i've seen it work.

bender

Aug 27, 2009, 6:13:05 PM8/27/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
Also, even the application launcher portion of QS isn't working for
me....any ideas?

andreb

Aug 27, 2009, 8:15:18 PM8/27/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
Can any of you take a look at Console.app and see if Quicksilver posts
any unusual messages whenever you try to do something and it does not
respond the way you are used to. For simplicity let's keep it to the
Selection Proxy not working. Might bring some ideas what could be
wrong.

Etienne Samson

Aug 28, 2009, 4:20:11 AM8/28/09
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
It works perfectly for me from Mail, Safari, TextEdit (even non-
contiguous selections made by holding Cmd) and Finder as well (except
selecting multiple files/folder, which seems to only pull the first).
I have "Pull selection from Front App instead of Finder set" (which
doesn't seem to do anything for me...).

Can you tell if something is logged to the Console ?
Can you try disabling all your plugins ? (rename the ~/Library/
Application Support/Quicksilver/PlugIns folder to something else, and
restart QS).

switters

Aug 28, 2009, 10:43:25 AM8/28/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
How did you get QS to stop crashing?

For me it crashes continuously. I've tried removing the entire
Quicksilver folder from Application Support, thus starting fresh, but
the application still crashes. I am running b56a7.

If this continues I'll have to revert to 10.5 for the time being. QS
is too important to my workflow.

Eric Bardes

Aug 29, 2009, 1:17:36 AM8/29/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
If I start from the command line ...

$ /Applications/Quicksilver.app/Contents/MacOS/Quicksilver
WirelessAttach: IOServiceOpen error: e00002c7
Error: WirelessAttach: -2013261827
$ echo $?
255

nontoppo

Aug 29, 2009, 4:28:57 AM8/29/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
On Aug 28, 9:20 am, Etienne Samson <tienn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you tell if something is logged to the Console ?

OK, I made a completely clean install of QS and Snow Leopard, and
while it is working, it hangs a few seconds every time it is called.
The console is filling up with lots of repeats of these messages:

29/08/2009 09:20:14 [0x0-0x73073].com.blacktree.Quicksilver Sat Aug 29
09:20:14 Ians-MacBook.local Quicksilver[1241] <Error>:
kCGErrorIllegalArgument: _CGSFindSharedWindow: WID -1
29/08/2009 09:20:14 [0x0-0x73073].com.blacktree.Quicksilver Sat Aug 29
09:20:14 Ians-MacBook.local Quicksilver[1241] <Error>:
kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSSetWindowAlpha: Invalid window 0xffffffff
29/08/2009 09:20:14 [0x0-0x73073].com.blacktree.Quicksilver Sat Aug 29
09:20:14 Ians-MacBook.local Quicksilver[1241] <Error>:
kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSSetWindowTransformAtPlacement: Failed

jonbolden

Aug 30, 2009, 12:00:00 PM8/30/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
I was able to get it to work by deleting plugins.plist from Library/
Application_Support/Quicksilver as I read on another site. It started
working again instantly. I wonder what plugins I was using?

switters

Aug 30, 2009, 1:18:39 PM8/30/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
I deleted the entire Quicksilver folder in Application Support, and it
is still crashing.

Jon Stovell (a.k.a. Sesquipedalian)

Aug 31, 2009, 5:00:23 PM8/31/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
Re: Command Window with Selection

At first, it did not work for me using b56a7 on 10.6, but a little
playing around got it going—in fact, things are working better than on
Leopard now. Not only does Command Window with Selection work, but the
Send to Quicksilver service is more functional than before.

It seems that for whatever reason, Snow Leopard doesn't like it if ⎋
(Esc) is part of a trigger. ⎋ is also apparently disallowed for
Services Menu entries; the Keyboard system preference pane refuses to
save keyboard shortcuts with ⎋ in them. So instead of the old ⌘⎋, I
started using ⌃Space. This works as the trigger for Command Window
with Selection when set up within Quicksilver, and also as the
keyboard shortcut for the Send to Quicksilver service when set up in
the Keyboard system preference pane.

However, I am not not even bothering with Command Window with
Selection any more now. The main reasons for using it in in 10.5 and
below were that (1) it was easily customizable, unlike the Services
menu, and (2) it could grab multiple selections where the Services
menu entry would only grab one. The trade-off was that Command Window
with Selection only worked when QS was running, while the Services
menu entry could launch QS if necessary to complete the action. But in
10.6 with b56a7, the Services menu entry (1) is customizable, and (2)
grabs multiple selections. So now Command Window with Selection
accomplishes nothing more that the Services menu does, while the later
has the power to launch QS as well.

pendolino

Sep 1, 2009, 3:39:52 AM9/1/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
i can confirm that the services menu function 'send to quicksilver'
works nicely with both text and multiple finder items. previously i
could not get the former to work in leopard but now with snow leopard
it seems to be functioning. i am still testing snow leopard on a
secondary machine but has anyone compiled a SL / Quicksilver
compatibility chart for functions, plugins, etc that have problems?

I can also confirm that the social bookmarks extension that i use
heavily for accessing delicious bookmarks works as it did in leopard.

On Sep 1, 12:00 am, "Jon Stovell (a.k.a. Sesquipedalian)"
<jonstov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Re:CommandWindow withSelection
>
> At first, it did not work for me using b56a7 on 10.6, but a little
> playing around got it going—in fact, things are working better than on
> Leopard now. Not only doesCommandWindow withSelectionwork, but the
> Send to Quicksilver service is more functional than before.
>
> It seems that for whatever reason, Snow Leopard doesn't like it if ⎋
> (Esc) is part of a trigger. ⎋ is also apparently disallowed for
> Services Menu entries; the Keyboard system preference pane refuses to
> save keyboard shortcuts with ⎋ in them. So instead of the old ⌘⎋, I
> started using ⌃Space. This works as the trigger forCommandWindow
> withSelectionwhen set up within Quicksilver, and also as the
> keyboard shortcut for the Send to Quicksilver service when set up in
> the Keyboard system preference pane.
>
> However, I am not not even bothering withCommandWindow withSelectionany more now. The main reasons for using it in in 10.5 and
> below were that (1) it was easily customizable, unlike the Services
> menu, and (2) it could grab multiple selections where the Services
> menu entry would only grab one. The trade-off was thatCommandWindow
> withSelectiononly worked when QS was running, while the Services
> menu entry could launch QS if necessary to complete the action. But in
> 10.6 with b56a7, the Services menu entry (1) is customizable, and (2)
> grabs multiple selections. So nowCommandWindow withSelection
> accomplishes nothing more that the Services menu does, while the later
> has the power to launch QS as well.
>
> On Aug 28, 4:20 am, Etienne Samson <tienn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > It works perfectly for me from Mail, Safari, TextEdit (even non-
> > contiguous selections made by holding Cmd) and Finder as well (except
> > selecting multiple files/folder, which seems to only pull the first).
> > I have "Pullselectionfrom Front App instead of Finder set" (which
> > doesn't seem to do anything for me...).
>
> > Can you tell if something is logged to the Console ?
> > Can you try disabling all your plugins ? (rename the ~/Library/
> > Application Support/Quicksilver/PlugIns folder to something else, and
> > restart QS).

> > > I can at least confirm the issue.Selectioncontinues to work from

Matt Wright

Sep 1, 2009, 11:27:14 AM9/1/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
I've not had much trouble with the newer version of QS, however I've
noticed its got a lot slower during search when trying to find apps.
The original version (even on Snow Leopard) used to update instantly
as you typed. Now I can get to the end of a word before it has even
tried to update.

Matthew Krom

Sep 1, 2009, 12:19:39 PM9/1/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
Below is my Console.app output. Using Snow Leopard; Quicksilver
β56a7; removed Library/Preferences/com.blacktree.Quicksilver.plist and
Library/Caches/Quicksilver/. Thanks, Matt

9/1/09 12:16:35 PM Quicksilver[3527] .scriptSuite warning for result
type of command 'GetArgumentCount' in suite 'QuicksilverHandlers': the
type NSNumber ('long') doesn't match the result Apple event code
('nmbr').
9/1/09 12:16:35 PM Quicksilver[3527] Prevented load of action (null)
9/1/09 12:16:35 PM Quicksilver[3527] Prevented load of action (null)
9/1/09 12:16:35 PM Quicksilver[3527] Prevented load of action (null)
9/1/09 12:16:35 PM Quicksilver[3527] Prevented load of action (null)
9/1/09 12:16:35 PM Quicksilver[3527] Prevented load of action (null)
9/1/09 12:16:35 PM Quicksilver[3527] Prevented load of action (null)
9/1/09 12:16:35 PM Quicksilver[3527] Prevented load of action (null)
9/1/09 12:16:35 PM Quicksilver[3527] Prevented load of action (null)
9/1/09 12:16:35 PM Quicksilver[3527] Prevented load of action (null)
9/1/09 12:16:35 PM Quicksilver[3527] Prevented load of action (null)
9/1/09 12:16:35 PM Quicksilver[3527] Prevented load of action (null)
9/1/09 12:16:35 PM Quicksilver[3527] Prevented load of action (null)
9/1/09 12:16:35 PM [0x0-0x1dd1dd].com.blacktree.Quicksilver[3527]
WirelessAttach: IOServiceOpen error: e00002c7
9/1/09 12:16:35 PM [0x0-0x1dd1dd].com.blacktree.Quicksilver[3527]
Error: WirelessAttach: -2013261827
9/1/09 12:16:35 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[166]
([0x0-0x1dd1dd].com.blacktree.Quicksilver[3527]) Exited with exit
code: 255

Jon Stovell (a.k.a. Sesquipedalian)

Sep 1, 2009, 3:27:17 PM9/1/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
On Aug 27, 3:44 pm, bender <dunconea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The bezel HUD also doesn't seem to be compatible.

It is now. See http://groups.google.com/group/blacktree-quicksilver/t/8397d240dd75d82a

eahimmel

Sep 1, 2009, 4:23:24 PM9/1/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
I am also having this problem.. So I hope it will be fixed soon,
makes quicksilver... slow, and since quicksilver is a huge reason I
even use mac..

elldove

Sep 1, 2009, 6:04:16 PM9/1/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
Yea. On the whole QS seems just about as stable as it did under
leopard. And that's the key metric. Speed is a different ball game.
Overall it does seem to benefit from the general SL speed-bump, but it
does get slogged down from time to time. Sometimes it is just a slug
to respond to typing.

How about this single console entry:

9/1/09 5:55:39 PM Quicksilver[443] HIToolbox: ignoring exception '-
[QSRankedObject argumentCount]: unrecognized selector sent to instance
0x18339a40' that raised inside Carbon event dispatch
(
0 CoreFoundation 0x93e6358a __raiseError + 410
1 libobjc.A.dylib 0x987b0f49
objc_exception_throw + 56
2 CoreFoundation 0x93eaf9db -[NSObject
(NSObject) doesNotRecognizeSelector:] + 187
3 CoreFoundation 0x93e0b026 ___forwarding___ +
950
4 CoreFoundation 0x93e0abf2
_CF_forwarding_prep_0 + 50
5 QSInterface 0x00161e81 -
[QSInterfaceController updateViewLocations] + 73
6 BezelHUD 0x17dea3c2 -[BezelHUD
updateViewLocations] + 52
7 QSInterface 0x00162431 -
[QSInterfaceController searchObjectChanged:] + 551
8 BezelHUD 0x17dea446 -[BezelHUD
searchObjectChanged:] + 61
9 Foundation 0x95e59253 _nsnote_callback +
176
10 CoreFoundation 0x93debc29
__CFXNotificationPost + 905
11 CoreFoundation 0x93deb65a
_CFXNotificationPostNotification + 186
12 Foundation 0x95e4e120 -
[NSNotificationCenter postNotificationName:object:userInfo:] + 128
13 Foundation 0x95e5b4fd -
[NSNotificationCenter postNotificationName:object:] + 56
14 QSInterface 0x00175645 -
[QSSearchObjectView setObjectValue:] + 295
15 QSInterface 0x0017e3a3 -
[QSCollectingSearchObjectView setObjectValue:] + 111
16 QSInterface 0x00162292 -
[QSInterfaceController searchObjectChanged:] + 136
17 BezelHUD 0x17dea446 -[BezelHUD
searchObjectChanged:] + 61
18 Foundation 0x95e59253 _nsnote_callback +
176
19 CoreFoundation 0x93debc29
__CFXNotificationPost + 905
20 CoreFoundation 0x93deb65a
_CFXNotificationPostNotification + 186
21 Foundation 0x95e4e120 -
[NSNotificationCenter postNotificationName:object:userInfo:] + 128
22 Foundation 0x95e5b4fd -
[NSNotificationCenter postNotificationName:object:] + 56
23 QSInterface 0x00175645 -
[QSSearchObjectView setObjectValue:] + 295
24 QSInterface 0x0017e3a3 -
[QSCollectingSearchObjectView setObjectValue:] + 111
25 QSInterface 0x0017a2f8 -
[QSSearchObjectView textDidChange:] + 306
26 Foundation 0x95e59253 _nsnote_callback +
176
27 CoreFoundation 0x93debc29
__CFXNotificationPost + 905
28 CoreFoundation 0x93deb65a
_CFXNotificationPostNotification + 186
29 Foundation 0x95e4e120 -
[NSNotificationCenter postNotificationName:object:userInfo:] + 128
30 AppKit 0x92e00ea5 -[NSTextView
(NSSharing) didChangeText] + 480
31 AppKit 0x92dfdd5c -[NSTextView
insertText:replacementRange:] + 2643
32 AppKit 0x92dfb25b -
[NSTextInputContext handleTSMEvent:] + 2657
33 AppKit 0x92dfa7e9 _NSTSMEventHandler
+ 209
34 HIToolbox 0x94a40129
_ZL23DispatchEventToHandlersP14EventTargetRecP14OpaqueEventRefP14HandlerCallRec
+ 1567
35 HIToolbox 0x94a3f3f0
_ZL30SendEventToEventTargetInternalP14OpaqueEventRefP20OpaqueEventTargetRefP14HandlerCallRec
+ 411
36 HIToolbox 0x94a61a81
SendEventToEventTarget + 52
37 HIToolbox 0x94ac3952 SendTSMEvent + 82
38 HIToolbox 0x94ac32cf
SendUnicodeTextAEToUnicodeDoc + 700
39 HIToolbox 0x94ac2ed9 TSMKeyEvent + 998
40 HIToolbox 0x94ab3ede
TSMProcessRawKeyEvent + 2515
41 AppKit 0x92dfa0c8 -
[NSTextInputContext handleEvent:] + 1453
42 AppKit 0x92df5f24 -[NSView
interpretKeyEvents:] + 209
43 AppKit 0x92df99e5 -[NSTextView
keyDown:] + 751
44 AppKit 0x92d2b098 -[NSWindow
sendEvent:] + 5756
45 QSEffects 0x000bfcd3 -[QSWindow
sendEvent:] + 363
46 AppKit 0x92c43bef -[NSApplication
sendEvent:] + 6431
47 Quicksilver 0x00003788 -[QSApp
sendEvent:] + 1107
48 AppKit 0x92bd765b -[NSApplication
run] + 917
49 AppKit 0x92bcf695 NSApplicationMain
+ 574
50 Quicksilver 0x0001b3a5 main + 219
51 Quicksilver 0x00002a9b _start + 209
52 Quicksilver 0x000029c9 start + 41
)

cpak

Sep 2, 2009, 4:19:38 PM9/2/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
I can't get the hot keys to work for the "Send to QS" service menu
entry. I can see the entry in the Service menu, and if I click it it
works fine, but if i press the hotkeys it gives me an error beep and
nothing happens...
I can't see why QS behaves so differently on different Macs!? Could it
be plug-in related?

Jon Stovell (a.k.a. Sesquipedalian)

Sep 2, 2009, 9:27:48 PM9/2/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
Is that key combo already assigned to something else? Also, Snow
Leopard seems to be a bit picky about what keys are allowed for
Services menu entries. The Escape key, for example, apparently can't
be used for a service, even though it can be used in other sections of
the Keyboard Shortcuts tab in the Keyboard prefs.

cpak

Sep 3, 2009, 3:43:39 PM9/3/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
Yeah I noticed that assigning Esc to some actions doesn't work, but
I've tried binding my regular QS-trigger (Cmd+Space) to "...with
selection" and that wont work either (I unassigned it from regular the
QS action first).
This is SO annoying, firing QS with selection is, for me at least, a
key feature!

Jon Stovell (a.k.a. Sesquipedalian)

Sep 4, 2009, 2:13:58 AM9/4/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
I've set ⌃Space as the key for the Send to Quicksilver service, and
that works for me.

huiii

Oct 22, 2009, 5:42:06 AM10/22/09
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
is there a way to make it faster? it seems slower on snow leo.... i
type and search results spit out seconds later... that was not like
that on leo. what can i do?

On Sep 4, 8:13 am, "Jon Stovell (a.k.a. Sesquipedalian)"
Message has been deleted