show notification with applescript not working?

san

Jan 28, 2008, 10:40:20 PM1/28/08
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
Hi there, I've seen examples of telling quicksilver to show a
notification using applescript, but I can't seem to get it to work. I
compile this:

tell application "Quicksilver"
show notification "test"
end tell

but once I run it, it shows "Quicksilver got an error: Some parameter
is missing for show notification". What am I doing wrong?

san

Jan 30, 2008, 11:36:57 PM1/30/08
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
Is there anything else I need to do for this to work? Or is this
functionality removed? I'm running 10.5.1 with QS 3815.

Camelot

Jan 31, 2008, 5:35:02 AM1/31/08
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
Hi,

not sure if this is what you are trying to get happen, but when I
start up quicksilver (cmd+space) and press the period key "." (text
mode) and type in the notification "pizza" and then tab over it by
default chooses "large type" which will display the word pizza in
large text on the screen. With advanced mode turned on, you can tab
over after typing in the text, and large type is chosen press ctrl
+enter and choose to run the operation at a later time.

Hope this helps,

san

Feb 5, 2008, 3:39:49 AM2/5/08
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
Hm that wasn't quite what I meant. I'm trying to use applescript to
display notifications through growl, using quicksilver. Via
applescript, displaying large type text with

tell application "Quicksilver" to show large type "test"

works but

tell application "Quicksilver" to show notification "test"

throws an error. The command "show notification" is a valid
instruction in quicksilver's applescript dictionary.

abreviks

Mar 15, 2008, 8:02:23 PM3/15/08
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
This may be a problem with Quicksilver not properly registering itself
with newer versions of Growl. I've looked at
http://growl.info/documentation/applescript-support.php and adapted it
to register my scripts that depend on Quicksilver notification to use
Growl directly.

san

Apr 27, 2008, 2:28:47 PM4/27/08
to Blacktree: Quicksilver
That was what I was trying to avoid, but thanks anyway.