Brooklyn Rescue Mission - Help support our aquaponics program.

Kimberly Bylander

Oct 4, 2010, 6:12:43 PM10/4/10
to bkfoodfitne...@googlegroups.com
Please see below for a request from one of our TF member organizations.  Let me know if people are having trouble seeing postings - I think there was a glitch in messages sent last week.

From: DeVanie Jackson [mailto:brookly...@msn.com]
 am writing to tell you about an exciting new opportunity for Brooklyn Rescue Mission! We have been selected by the GlobalGiving Foundation to participate in its Urban Farming Open Challenge, a fundraising opportunity to help urban farms throughout the US who are bringing the good food revolution to their local communities.

In order to succeed in GlobalGiving’s Open Challenge,  Brooklyn Rescue Mission  must raise $4,000 from 50 donors by October 7, 2010 (23:59:59 hours, EDT). If we meet this threshold, we will be given a permanent spot on GlobalGiving’s website, where we have the potential to benefit from corporate relationships, exposure to a new donor network, and access to dozens of online fundraising tools. In addition, we could earn as much as $10,000 in financial prizes for raising the most money.  Please donate $ 1, $5  or  $10 dollars  or more  to Brooklyn Rescue Mission and help us  train community  youth,  thru our Building an Aquaponics Center in Brooklyn.

Please help us reach the threshold of $4,000 from 50 donors! Be one of the first people to make a donation at www.globalgiving.org/6401 !
Not only will your donation help  the Youth of  Bed-stuy benefit  from a farm internship,  gain educational  knowledge , life soft skills.   A successful  challenge will help us take advantage of a long-term fundraising opportunity!
We’re also going to need your help spreading the word! Please share this opportunity with your friends and family!

Thank you, as always, for your continued support!
Best,
Rev. Robert Ennis Jackson
Co-founder Brooklyn Rescue Mission
255 Bainbridge Street
Brooklyn, NY 11233
The New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene is now offering information important for the health of all New Yorkers.  To sign up for these new and valuable updates, log-on to our website at http://www.nyc.gov/health/email and select the NYC DOHMH updates you'd like to receive.
IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This email is meant only for the use of the intended recipient.  It may contain confidential information that is legally privileged or otherwise protected by law.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and please delete it from your computer.  Thank you for your cooperation.