bitten svn checkout fails due to SSL certificate...

Andrea Tomasini

Nov 16, 2009, 6:49:01 PM11/16/09
to bit...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
another interesting issue, that I thought to have fixed already, but came out with the last update again...

We use a SSL certificate that is not "valid" on the SVN server, that means that the svn checkout needs to accept permanently the certificate or it won't check anything out. Now bitten-slave is not taking that up, If I login with the user that runs bitten, and accept the certificate permanently, I would expect bitten-slave to just check out the file... but it raises a svn checkout failed, and in the printout there is the Acceptance of the Certificate prompt...

In the recipe there is no specific user in the SVN checkout... ideas?

Thanks in Advance
ANdreaT

Simon Cross

Nov 21, 2009, 5:31:58 AM11/21/09
to bit...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 1:49 AM, Andrea Tomasini
<andrea....@agile42.com> wrote:
>  We use a SSL certificate that is not "valid" on the SVN server, that means that the svn checkout needs to accept permanently the certificate or it won't check anything out. Now bitten-slave is not taking that up, If I login with the user that runs bitten, and accept the certificate permanently, I would expect bitten-slave to just check out the file... but it raises a svn checkout failed, and in the printout there is the Acceptance of the Certificate prompt...
>
>  In the recipe there is no specific user in the SVN checkout... ideas?

The Bitten code actually just calls the svn command in a sub-process, so if

svn checkout -r <rev> <url>

works from the command line on the slave without requiring any input
then it should also work while the slave is doing a build.

Could you double check that the svn checkout command above works when
run from the command line? The machine and user account will need to
be the same as that the slave runs under (perhaps stating the obvious
here but its worthwhile checking :).

If there are still problems, perhaps send the relevant step from the
recipe to the list?

Schiavo
Simon

Andrea Tomasini

Nov 22, 2009, 3:47:11 PM11/22/09
to bit...@googlegroups.com

On 21 Nov, 2009, at 11:31 , Simon Cross wrote:

> The Bitten code actually just calls the svn command in a sub-process, so if
>
> svn checkout -r <rev> <url>
>
> works from the command line on the slave without requiring any input
> then it should also work while the slave is doing a build.
It does, with the same user as with bitten runs...

> Could you double check that the svn checkout command above works when
> run from the command line? The machine and user account will need to
> be the same as that the slave runs under (perhaps stating the obvious
> here but its worthwhile checking :).
>
> If there are still problems, perhaps send the relevant step from the
> recipe to the list?
<build xmlns:python="http://bitten.edgewall.org/tools/python"
xmlns:svn="http://bitten.edgewall.org/tools/svn">
<step id="checkout" description="Checkout source from repository">
<svn:checkout url="https://somerepo1/svn/"
path="${path}" revision="${revision}" />
<svn:export url="https://sharedlibrary/svn/"
path="trunk" />
</step>
<step id="build" description="Compile to byte code">
<python:distutils command="build"/>
<python:exec file="setup.py" args="build"/>
</step>
<step id="test" description="Run unit tests">
<python:exec file="setup.py" args="
unittest
--xml-output build/test-results.xml" />
<python:unittest file="build/test-results.xml" />
</step>
</build>

Here you go plain and straight...

> Schiavo
Ciao

> Simon
ANdreaT

Simon Cross

Nov 23, 2009, 8:58:00 AM11/23/09
to bit...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 10:47 PM, Andrea Tomasini
<andrea....@agile42.com> wrote:
>  <step id="checkout" description="Checkout source from repository">
>    <svn:checkout url="https://somerepo1/svn/"
>        path="${path}" revision="${revision}" />
>    <svn:export url="https://sharedlibrary/svn/"
>        path="trunk" />
>  </step>

And it's definitely the checkout command that is producing the error
and not the export command below it?

Could you perhaps run the bitten-slave with -v and post the relevant output?

Schiavo
Simon

David Fraser

Nov 23, 2009, 6:03:33 AM11/23/09
to bit...@googlegroups.com
Haven't followed the whole thread, but in my experience svn can give certificate errors that require command-line interaction.
Basically running the checkout command as the user that will run the bitten command, and telling it to permanently accept the certificate (by pressing 'p'!) solves that problem
May or may not be relevant here

Andrea Tomasini

Nov 23, 2009, 10:35:57 AM11/23/09
to bit...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, that's what I did, but apparently is reading the svn stored info from somewhere else... :-( I'll try again to remove them from the filesystem and recreate the credential again...

Best
ANdreaT

Grzegorz Sobanski

Nov 23, 2009, 6:11:20 PM11/23/09
to bit...@googlegroups.com
* Andrea Tomasini <andrea....@agile42.com> [2009-11-23 16:36]:
> Hi all, that's what I did, but apparently is reading the svn stored info from somewhere else... :-( I'll try again to remove them from the filesystem and recreate the credential again...

Are you sure you are using exactly (exactly) the same url in checkout
from command line as from bitten reciepe?

See that after a checkout from command line proper files are created in
~/.subversion/auth/*

greets
silk