best practices for testing recipe locally?

kostmo

Feb 4, 2011, 9:10:02 PM2/4/11
to Bitten
Hi,

I filed this bug about not being able to specify the ${revision} from
the command line:
http://bitten.edgewall.org/ticket/662

My workaround was to do a search/replace on ${revision}, replacing it
with ${predefined.revision} and adding the [predefined] section to a
bitten.ini file.

My invocation of the slave looks like this:
bitten-slave --keep-files --work-dir=my_workdir --build-
dir=my_builddir -f bitten.ini BuildRecipe.xml

bitten.ini looks like this:
[predefined]
revision = 11573
path = trunk/stuff

The result is for the checked-out directories to be placed in the
"my_workdir/my_builddir" subfolder relative to the current directory
(where bitten-slave is executed).

However, when "make" is invoked in the recipe, it can't find its
target. It appears that the "--directory" argument of make is missing
the leading path "my_workdir/my_builddir". When I test make manually
from the command line, using the make command that appears in the
Bitten log, but prepending that leading path to the --directory flag,
it works.

How do I cause that path to be prepended when calling the bitten
slave?

I am currently using version 0.6b3.

Thanks for your help,
Karl