Does this Generate Coins?

lanky

Mar 24, 2011, 9:58:22 AM3/24/11
to bitcoinj
Or is this client more for managing the sending and receiving of
BitCoins?

Andreas Schildbach

Mar 24, 2011, 10:08:20 AM3/24/11
to bitc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lanky,

there is no code for mining bitcoins in bitcoinj right now.

Regards,

Andreas

Lamu Guo

May 22, 2011, 2:25:42 AM5/22/11
to bitcoinj
Any plan on doing this?

For performance, maybe we can write a thread skeleton, and using C on
CPU/GPU to compute hash code.

Please let me know whether it workable. I'll try to write the code,
and send out a CL for reviewing with a simple low-performance hash
impl in Java there. Thanks!

On Mar 24, 7:08 am, Andreas Schildbach <andr...@schildbach.de> wrote:
> Hi Lanky,
>
> there is no code forminingbitcoins in bitcoinj right now.

Mike Hearn

May 23, 2011, 4:29:49 AM5/23/11
to bitc...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Lamu Guo <lam...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any plan on doing this?

No, not right now. There is lots of work to be done to enable mining. I don't think it'll happen anytime soon. The current direction of the codebase is the lightweight client.

For performance, maybe we can write a thread skeleton, and using C on
CPU/GPU to compute hash code.

The way you'd do it is the same as the C++ implementation:   expose a getwork RPC so external miners can talk to it

郭晓峰

May 23, 2011, 1:21:42 PM5/23/11
to bitc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for reply!

I read some code in cpu-miner, it sends a "getwork []" to ask for
mining work. Once it gets a block, it sends "getwork [block]" to ask
for confirmation. But I can't find the logic for handling "getwork" in
bitcoinj.

Is it included now? If yes, would you show me some hints? If not, do
you have plan to add it?

Great appreciate your information!

Mike Hearn

May 23, 2011, 2:13:20 PM5/23/11
to bitc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There is no code for handling the RPC protocol used by the C++ implementation. BitCoinJ cannot be used for mining. If you're interested in mining, right now your best bet is to work on Satoshis codebase.
--
Google Switzerland GmbH