Oh, you sweet thing

1 view

Tony Harminc

Feb 6, 1992, 7:32:16 PM2/6/92
On Thu, 6 Feb 1992 15:30:22 CST Aimee J. Lee said:

>I turned nineteen 15.1.92.

And she knows how to write a date the right way around! The only other
Americans I've ever seen write dates this way are the dreaded INS. But
they deal with foreigners a lot, so perhaps make allowances.

Tony (dd/mm/yy) H.

Aimee J. Lee

Feb 7, 1992, 3:53:47 PM2/7/92
Graham,

I can't vouch for Lisa, but Jimi is 22.

Aimee Lee

QXN148%URI...@vtvm2.cc.vt.edu

Feb 10, 1992, 6:28:19 PM2/10/92
I'm 20. But, why am I telling my age anyway?
Lisa (I can't spell) Alfieri

Tony Harminc

Feb 10, 1992, 8:13:48 PM2/10/92

There is also a WORDS-L rule that you have to send a biography and an
8 x 10 colour glossy photograph to Natalie for inclusion in the list archive.
This photo is then digitized and made conveniently available for all
WORDS-Lers to examine. This way any false statements you may make about
your appearance can be checked.

Oh yes - smilies are not allowed on this list :-) <--smiley.

Tony H.

Natalie Maynor

Feb 10, 1992, 8:48:11 PM2/10/92
> There is also a WORDS-L rule that you have to send a biography and an
> 8 x 10 colour glossy photograph to Natalie for inclusion in the list archive.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No. It's gotta already be in gif form. I don't have a gif-maker. That
reminds me, there may be some gifs of Bernard and me in our WORDS-L
t-shirts if my gif-maker friend comes through. I fear, however, that
the details on the shirts are not going to show up. The pictures were
taken with a not-very-good camera, and Bernard's shirt kept falling off.
--Natalie (may...@ra.msstate.edu)

QXN148%URI...@vtvm2.cc.vt.edu

Feb 10, 1992, 10:04:35 PM2/10/92
Tony,
Are you for real? I'll won't see your answer until the a.m. but I want to
hear from Natalie on this. I'll tell you now what I look like. I'm 5'7", I
weight too much and have long brown hair. I consider myself average, only
because people tell me I shouldn't berate myself (did I spell berate correctly
and did I use it right?). I may just go to the picnic so if you go you'll see
for yourself.

Lisa

tushar%ZAPHOD...@vtvm2.cc.vt.edu

Feb 11, 1992, 12:19:23 AM2/11/92
Oops, this entry went to La Alfieri in person insted of this category in a
general. Precisly the converse mistake of her. Anyway godd thing is I have
a copy of it, threfore I can send it here. Its:

Oh Lisa, Lisa, don't overdo it. Take this as from someone who's hard-bitten.
Style, artistry, whatever happened to them ? Control your hot mediterranean
blood. I am sorry but I can't claim any spiritual affinity to you now,
regardless of what some bad guys say. (This is what in geometry we call
a decomposition of affine connections.) I do know a guy back in India who
used to flit around in our institute. You're just his type.

You needn't tell us your age, actually. Everyone knows you are an old one.
Best wishes to all your bitnet friends. Do stay and regale me.

Sincerely,
tushar

Dan Lester

Feb 11, 1992, 12:46:34 AM2/11/92
On Mon, 10 Feb 1992 19:48:11 CST Natalie Maynor said:
>the details on the shirts are not going to show up. The pictures were
>taken with a not-very-good camera, and Bernard's shirt kept falling off.
Oh, hellllllll and I had hoped it would be the opposite...and we
could then find out if Natalie's charms are actually average or not.
(hey, stats dudes, do you have some measurements we can use as a standard?)

And, in Boise Idaho, the NBC station's local news just did a first...with
lots of warning....(it IS sweeps week, isn't it?)....they showed polaroid
pictures of their interview subject's bare breasts. She is one who had
problems with silicone implants, and showed the polaroids of one breast
with large, grotesque lumps protruding from the side, and others after one
implant had been removed (resulting in breasts of very disparate sizes).
Not exactly erotic or anything, but another "first".
The CBS station is doing "your cellular phone calls aren't really
private because some folks have 'illegal' scanners". BUT, the CBS station
is promoting daytime soaps with some of the most explicit teasers I have
ever seen in prime time on broadcast TV.

dan

CROSEN%BGSU...@vtvm2.cc.vt.edu

Feb 11, 1992, 1:14:00 AM2/11/92
Greetings,

Lisa, in spite of Tushar's autoflagellant protestations, you should not in
any way surrender him. He needs your ministrations, but is too proud
to confess. I urge you to follow in Tammy Wynette's oh-so-melodious
footsteps and stand by your man. Such spiritual affinity flashes on the
erotic horizon only once in a harlequin romance; I am thinking of Heloise
and Abelard, Tristan and Isolde, Bill Clinton and the four black hookers
mentioned in the newest cover story of the Globe, and now: LISA AND TUSHAR.
This one, I predict, will be bigger than Elvis and Priscilla.

Marty

Robert Dalton Downs

Feb 11, 1992, 2:01:00 AM2/11/92
And, in Boise Idaho, the NBC station's local news just did a first...with
lots of warning....(it IS sweeps week, isn't it?)....they showed polaroid
pictures of their interview subject's bare breasts. She is one who had
problems with silicone implants, and showed the polaroids of one breast
with large, grotesque lumps protruding from the side, and others after one
implant had been removed (resulting in breasts of very disparate sizes).
Not exactly erotic or anything, but another "first".
dan

??????? Does anyone besides myself wonder why it's ok to show the bare breasts
of third world women on tv,but not the "breasts of the west".

Puzzled but dry (presently)in L.A.
Robert D. Downs

Graham Toal

Feb 11, 1992, 8:32:13 PM2/11/92
In article <01GGDHW88...@opie.bgsu.edu> CROSEN%BGSUOPI...@VTVM2.CC.VT.EDU writes:
:Greetings,

:
:Lisa, in spite of Tushar's autoflagellant protestations, you should not in
:any way surrender him. He needs your ministrations, but is too proud
:to confess.

Yess, Ithink you mustberate him.

QXN148%URI...@vtvm2.cc.vt.edu

Feb 11, 1992, 2:56:58 PM2/11/92
What is going on here!!!! Dan is waiting for me to give tush reports on Adam
and you are now suggesting Tushar and I step in as Elvis and Priscilla. NOT!
I love this group. You all are so interesting but, give me a chance to get to
know you before we play the dating game. After reading about all the phone
calls what's next? Phone sex? Oh by the way, just a general note, I called
Natalie last night because she was insulted when someone suggested she sounded
like Park Overall, she doesn't. I told her she sounded like my dads girlfriend
who was from Virginia but, I remember she is actually from the back woods of
Tennessee. Is there anyone else you would liketo see me with?

Arrivaderci,
Lisa

Natalie Maynor

Feb 11, 1992, 7:56:06 PM2/11/92
> Oh by the way, just a general note, I called
>Natalie last night because she was insulted when someone suggested she sounded
>like Park Overall, she doesn't. I told her she sounded like my dads girlfriend
>who was from Virginia but, I remember she is actually from the back woods of
>Tennessee.

Good grief. It gets worse by the minute. East Tennessee or West Tennessee?
West, I hope. I have to confess, Lisa, that I lied when you asked me if
I had been asleep. I lied because I was embarrassed about being asleep
that early. Yesterday was a bad day. I went to bed earlier last night
that I have in many years -- maybe since about age six. When you called,
I was so sound asleep that I forgot I had an answering machine. That's
why you ended up talking with the real me rather than with the machine.

Something occurred to me earlier today that makes me feel better about
all these insults. Many people seem to think all varieties of their
native language other than their own variety sound the same. E.g.,
many people in the U.S. can't tell the difference between Australian
accents and English accents, although they are *quite* different.
Some Britishers can't tell U.S. accents from Australian accents. (I
was once taken for Australian while in England.) Three different
Illionoians have thought I was British. A bar-tender in Chicago
absolutely refused to accept that I wasn't from London. The moral of
the story is that you hear an alien accent like that of that idiot in
the tv show -- it's different from yours. You hear my accent -- it's
different from yours. So you conclude that they're the same accent.
THEY'RE NOT!

Sigh. If everybody talked like Brad Grissom, communication would be
much easier. He even has the right little touches like calling me
"Miss Natalie" at the end of his message. That's good Southern talking!
--Natalie (may...@ra.msstate.edu)

Dan Lester

Feb 11, 1992, 7:56:36 PM2/11/92
Lisa, love you....just love you....

On Tue, 11 Feb 1992 14:56:58 EST <QXN148%URIACC...@uga.cc.uga.edu> said:
>What is going on here!!!! Dan is waiting for me to give tush reports on Adam

Just normal wordslerness and bandwidth pigging.....

>I love this group. You all are so interesting but, give me a chance to get to
>know you before we play the dating game. After reading about all the phone

Oh, well....but that will spoil half the fun....

>calls what's next? Phone sex? Oh by the way, just a general note, I called
Well, maybe....Natalie???

>who was from Virginia but, I remember she is actually from the back woods of

>Tennessee. Is there anyone else you would liketo see me with?

Well, methinks youjust parked your little piggies in your mouth again...
I am not at all sure that being from backwoods of TN is in any way better
than sounding like PO.
But I am equally sure Natalie will respond to this.
Wow, it's fun to have a newbie who can get in their and fling it and foul up
with the best of us.

Whatever you do, Lisa, just don't leave us....especially since Anne and
Don are "on hiatus" at the moment.

dan in potatoland

who will actually put the formal sig block below for once so lisa can
learn more about the old desert rat

* Dan Lester Bitnet: alileste@idbsu *
* Associate University Librarian Internet: alil...@idbsu.idbsu.edu *
* Boise State University *
* Boise, Idaho 83725 BSU and I have a deal: I don't speak *
* 208-385-1234 for them and they don't speak for me. *

Pitchers and catchers report Feb 21

Feb 11, 1992, 9:51:00 PM2/11/92
>Sigh. If everybody talked like Brad Grissom, communication would be
>much easier. He even has the right little touches like calling me
>"Miss Natalie" at the end of his message. That's good Southern talking!
> --Natalie (may...@ra.msstate.edu)

And I'll agree. Brad's accent is mellifluous and soothing. I was a
bit nonplussed to be called 'sir,' but as Natalie says, that's good
Southern talking ... as in 'mind your manners, son.'

Of course, after spending 6 years in Louisville, I also felt a bit of
familiarity with Brad's accent (unlike Natalie's).

neal traven@pittvms Bitnet Beisbol been bery bery good to me!
tra...@vms.cis.pitt.edu Internet -- Chico Escuela

Lisa J. Gilmore

Feb 11, 1992, 9:24:00 PM2/11/92
Guess there are two of us Lisa's. I'm Lisa G. Are we
both newbe's (the Lisa's that is?).

CROSEN%BGSU...@vtvm2.cc.vt.edu

Feb 12, 1992, 12:57:00 AM2/12/92
Greetings,

Well, Lisa, it seems gtoal has identified the next step: mustberation. I
suppose this could occur in conjunction with phone sex if you an Tushar like.
I don't know why you're so insistent on getting to know us better. Are
friends any less friends because one has, just at last, found them? (ezra
pound again). I think you should cast aside the shackles of these arcane
values that stand in the way of bliss. Had we but world enough and time...

Marty

Dan Lester

Feb 12, 1992, 1:26:46 AM2/12/92
On Tue, 11 Feb 1992 19:24:00 MST Lisa J. Gilmore said:
> Guess there are two of us Lisa's. I'm Lisa G. Are we
> both newbe's (the Lisa's that is?).

yes....but you are the newest....you sent your sub request to the list
instead of the listserv, yesterday I believe.

dan in potatoland

Lisa J. Gilmore

Feb 12, 1992, 10:09:00 AM2/12/92
Seems that there are two Lisa's out there... Lisa 1, Please acknowledge.
This is Lisa G. We'll have to keep ourselves straight. I'm not involved
in the beration or phone sex thing. Lisa G.

QXN148%URI...@vtvm2.cc.vt.edu

Feb 12, 1992, 4:28:00 PM2/12/92
Natalie,
Sorry, I didn't want to wake you. I don't know which part of
Tennessee my dads girlfriend is from, she's the one who told me it was a back
woods town. I agree with you though, I can barely tell the differance between
a Rhode Island accent and a Massachusits accent but I know that there is. I've
lived in both states and I am starting to pick up the differences. Being from
Connecticut, I don't think I have an accent at all but, I'm sure someone, maybe
even you, would beg to differ. I hope you were not offended by my referance to
the Tenessee accent remark but to me you sound exactly alike.

Ciao from Rhoe Iland(it's how they say it here!)
Lisa

QXN148%URI...@vtvm2.cc.vt.edu

Feb 12, 1992, 4:44:04 PM2/12/92
Marty,
Fine, we'll be friends and I won't insist on getting to know any of you.
I am not paying for phone sex (sorry Tushar) I just don't make enough at this
job.

Arrivaderci,
Lisa A.

QXN148%URI...@vtvm2.cc.vt.edu

Feb 12, 1992, 4:39:53 PM2/12/92
Lisa G,
Yeah we're newbes (whatever that is). I got don't fell bad, I have been
unable to write anything without being misunderstood or critisized but, that's
why I like this list.

Arrivaderci,
Lisa A.

QXN148%URI...@vtvm2.cc.vt.edu

Feb 12, 1992, 5:09:24 PM2/12/92
Lisa G,
I will be ending my letters with "Arrivaderci, Lisa A.". We shouldn't
be confused although I have to admitt it took a while for me to figure out that
there are two of us, I almost replyed to messages intended for you because I
wanted to figure out what was going on. I'm slow. I'm not into phone sex, too
expensive!! Besides nothing beats the real thing (I think Coke is using that
one).
send

Arrivaderci,
Lisa A.

Dan Quayle Fan Club

Feb 12, 1992, 6:39:00 PM2/12/92
>expensive!! Besides nothing beats the real thing (I think Coke is using that
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>one).
> Lisa A.

I thought it was Marvin Gaye who talked about the real thing ("ain't
nothin' like the real thing, baby, oooooh, ain't nothing like the
real thing")
Bill Sjostrom
Marvin Gaye fan

Natalie Maynor

Feb 12, 1992, 7:03:54 PM2/12/92
> Sorry, I didn't want to wake you. I don't know which part of

I know. Normal people aren't asleep that early. It wasn't your fault.

> even you, would beg to differ. I hope you were not offended by my referance to
> the Tenessee accent remark but to me you sound exactly alike.

Memphis is considered part of Mississippi by most Mississippians. East
Tennessee is a whole nother world. I have communication problems there.
--Natalie (may...@ra.msstate.edu)

Lisa J. Gilmore

Feb 12, 1992, 9:22:00 PM2/12/92
Thanks Lisa A. I'll start signing off as LJG since it is so fast to type.
"Newbe" pronounced "noo bee" is something that we in Utah commonly
refer to someone who is "green" or "new" at something. I like this
words list. So far it is the most interesting of the lists I've gotten on.
CIAO! Lisa G. (LJG)

CROSEN%BGSU...@vtvm2.cc.vt.edu

Feb 12, 1992, 11:21:00 PM2/12/92
Greetings,
What a piece of work is man! Bill Sjostrom is not only a Dan Quayle fan,
he is also a Marvin Gaye fan! It is possible the former is an aberration
that could be corrected by the judidious application of good Irish
liquor!

Marty

Dan Lester

Feb 12, 1992, 11:21:49 PM2/12/92
On Wed, 12 Feb 1992 16:39:53 EST <QXN148%URIACC...@uga.cc.uga.edu> said:
> Yeah we're newbes (whatever that is). I got don't fell bad, I have been
well, lisa a isn't old enough to know about do-bees and don't-bees...
and no idea yet whether lisa g is old enough...or carole...the other
newbie (or newby, or however anyone else wishes to spell it)

>unable to write anything without being misunderstood or critisized but, that's
>why I like this list.

Gee, this list is just like life, isn't it?
Must be why i like it too.

dan (and gail in the shower)

Dan Lester

Feb 12, 1992, 11:31:00 PM2/12/92
On Wed, 12 Feb 1992 17:09:24 EST <QXN148%URIACC...@uga.cc.uga.edu> said:
>expensive!! Besides nothing beats the real thing (I think Coke is using that
Yes! another woman after my own heart.

dan

Adam Hartfield

Feb 12, 1992, 11:38:00 PM2/12/92
>dan (and gail in the shower)

hubba hubba! Why didn't you tell us you got a Sony Sports Laptop
with companion modem?

Gee, one would think Gail'd be mad. But then, we all know words-l is
an all-consuming passion (I almost said addiction) that forces one to
abstain from all else (well, it has that affect on some people...not
me) (and I really need to wean myself from this parenthetical
addiction)...

--Adam (ahartfie@{drew, drunivac}{.bitnet, .drew.edu})

Dan Lester

Feb 12, 1992, 11:58:53 PM2/12/92
On Wed, 12 Feb 1992 23:38:00 EST Adam Hartfield said:
>>dan (and gail in the shower)
>hubba hubba! Why didn't you tell us you got a Sony Sports Laptop
>with companion modem?
i wish...but just the same ol 386/20 here at home...and gail has just
gone to bed, so guess i better get my buns in there....

>Gee, one would think Gail'd be mad. But then, we all know words-l is

not unless i don't get my buns in there.

>an all-consuming passion (I almost said addiction) that forces one to

well, it is just ONE of my passions.

>abstain from all else (well, it has that affect on some people...not
>me) (and I really need to wean myself from this parenthetical
>addiction)...

(oh, hell, let the parens continue)

dan (saying good night all)

Captain CAAAAAAVEMAN!!!!!

Feb 13, 1992, 9:33:00 AM2/13/92
We've got her, fellow Initiates. When do we tell her of our true
purpose...........

|_
Oo\ Alex "Just call me Brother Al" Rhodes

Pitchers and catchers report Feb 21

Feb 13, 1992, 9:57:00 AM2/13/92

>Marty

Are these relationships transitive (or is it commutative, or
associative?).

Is Dan Quayle a Marvin Gaye fan? Any evidence on this issue, MacPhil?

(I doubt that the late, lamented Mr. Gaye knew a thing about Quayle,
nor would he have been a fan of Smilin' But Vapid Dan.)

QXN148%URI...@vtvm2.cc.vt.edu

Feb 13, 1992, 10:42:00 AM2/13/92
Bill,
You're right. I forgot about that song. I also like Marvin Gaye. I
know I heard the phrase in a commercial though so maybe that's where the
advertiser got it.

Arrivaderci,
Lisa

Slow, Children@Play

Feb 13, 1992, 12:44:02 PM2/13/92
On Thu, 13 Feb 1992 09:57:00 EST Pitchers and catchers report Feb 21 said:

> Is Dan Quayle a Marvin Gaye fan? Any evidence on this issue, MacPhil?
>
> (I doubt that the late, lamented Mr. Gaye knew a thing about Quayle,
> nor would he have been a fan of Smilin' But Vapid Dan.)

Actually, it appears Quayle is a Leonard Bernstein fan. Quayle's office
recently sent a fundraising letter to the composer, but probably won't
get a reply since Leo died over a year ago...

When ambidextrous people can't do it right, we do it left.

MacPhil / iqt...@indycms.bitnet / iqt...@indycms.iupui.edu

ktw%HLWP...@vtvm2.cc.vt.edu

Feb 13, 1992, 12:42:00 PM2/13/92
>Is Dan Quayle a Marvin Gaye fan?

Ooooooo,
I guess ya wonder how I knew
'Bout your plans to gimme the screw
By givin' Jack Kemp the VP slot,
Well lemme tell ya, George, you're a real bad snot!
It came as a surprise, I must say,
When I heard it from Koppel yesterday.

Ooooo-ooo,
I heard it right on Nightline,
That no longer would I be in line!

Ken

Lisa J. Gilmore

Feb 13, 1992, 7:42:00 PM2/13/92
Brother Al, what is your true purpose? Anything like Steve Martins
"special purpose"?

Captain CAAAAAAVEMAN!!!!!

Feb 14, 1992, 12:35:00 PM2/14/92
>From: "Lisa J. Gilmore" <TSLGI...@CC.WEBER.EDU>

>Brother Al, what is your true purpose? Anything like Steve Martins
>"special purpose"?

They tell me my true purpose is to program VCRs for unattended
recording.

|_
Oo\ Alex