leading economists

Stephen H. Karlson 753-6980 (815)

Oct 15, 1992, 9:03:00 AM10/15/92
> Probably about the same number of economists it takes to change a lightbulb?

Interesting. I thought that number was none. They wait for the
invisible hand to do it.

> Seconded - my kid sister, also an economics weenie, has been bitching about
> this one for as long as Bush has been ignoring said economists. Maybe we
> should have sent him my sister.<grin>

Well, don't send her to me unless you want her to be totally
corrupted.

> I take it you've been working with frosh prose - that's worse.

Nope. Administrators. Department meetings. Preparing to cover the
class Bill S. would have taught. No time for narrow gauge video.

Steve Karlson

Ruth M. Hanschka

Oct 15, 1992, 4:28:53 PM10/15/92

In a previous article, "Stephen H. Karlson 753-6980 " (815) says:

>> Probably about the same number of economists it takes to change a lightbulb?
>
>Interesting. I thought that number was none. They wait for the
>invisible hand to do it.

I thought they would wave a dead flip chart over it, and the light supply
would magically increase all on its own, as the demand has already increased
due to the current absence of illumination.:-)

>> Seconded - my kid sister, also an economics weenie, has been bitching about
>> this one for as long as Bush has been ignoring said economists. Maybe we
>> should have sent him my sister.<grin>
>Well, don't send her to me unless you want her to be totally
>corrupted.

Too late! I was thinking of sending her to the next President, and letting
her find a creative outlet for her urges to chew the polidiots out.:-) Of
course, if you're sure you can handle her....

>Nope. Administrators. Department meetings. Preparing to cover the
>class Bill S. would have taught. No time for narrow gauge video.

Accccccccckkkkkkk!!!! No wonder you were tired - make time to zone out a bit;
you've probably been doing it in those meetings already.:-) Meetings like
that are enough to make teaching look soothing.

--
### Ruth Hanschka, the Nethead ###
- ap...@cleveland.freenet.edu

Judith E. Schrier

Oct 15, 1992, 1:03:41 PM10/15/92
>> Probably about the same number of economists it takes to change a lightbulb?
>
>Interesting. I thought that number was none. They wait for the
>invisible hand to do it.
No, no, first you need one to assume a ladder...

love, judith

Ruth M. Hanschka

Oct 15, 1992, 11:36:48 PM10/15/92

In a previous article, EL40...@BROWNVM.BROWN.EDU () says:

>Posted on 15 Oct 1992 at 11:23:41 by Stephen H. Karlson 753-6980 (815)

>>Well, don't send her to me unless you want her to be totally
>>corrupted.
>

>Steve! I have never seen you as the corrupter of young womanhood before!
>Hmmm...I can see my mental image needs readjustment.:)

Don't worry, Karen; if he tried anything on Dorie [the sister] he'd be wishing
he was facing Joan Crawford instead of her. Especially a few days of every
month - those times all he'd have to do is be in the same room.<feral grin>
It's more likely she'd wind up corrupting *him*.

>I told you I can't do anything more than speculate on other people's sex lives
>today
We can't say we weren't warned......

EL40...@brownvm.brown.edu

Oct 15, 1992, 1:27:11 PM10/15/92
Posted on 15 Oct 1992 at 11:23:41 by Stephen H. Karlson 753-6980 (815)
>Well, don't send her to me unless you want her to be totally
>corrupted.

Steve! I have never seen you as the corrupter of young womanhood before!
Hmmm...I can see my mental image needs readjustment.:)

Karen

Rita Marie Rouvalis

Oct 15, 1992, 1:34:48 PM10/15/92
> Karen
> I told you I can't do anything more than speculate on other people's sex lives
> today

Let me know what you come up with for mine :)

Rita

Stephen H. Karlson 753-6980 (815)

Oct 15, 1992, 2:18:00 PM10/15/92
> Steve! I have never seen you as the corrupter of young womanhood before!
> Hmmm...I can see my mental image needs readjustment.:)

Hmmm ... maybe I should skip the goat roast and any other ftf dealing
with list folks ... the role of object of speculation has its charms.

Steve (16 will get you 20) Karlson

EL40...@brownvm.brown.edu

Oct 15, 1992, 2:54:30 PM10/15/92
Posted on 15 Oct 1992 at 14:30:27 by Stephen H. Karlson 753-6980 (815)

>Hmmm ... maybe I should skip the goat roast and any other ftf dealing
>with list folks ... the role of object of speculation has its charms.

Well, Steve, you know that many of the women were...thrilled? by Torkel's
gif. You should ask Anne what the reaction was when she brought your
photograph back to Judith's house this summer. I think you'd be plennty
gratified...and charmed.

Kaaren