Hervey added you as a friend on MyLife!

Hervey Martinez

May 14, 2009, 12:10:35 PM5/14/09
Hervey Martinez added you as a friend on MyLife(TM).
Please confirm you know Hervey so we can connect you.

Do You Know Hervey?

YES - Connect with Hervey, and see who's searching for you
http://smtp26.mail.reunion.com:80/track?type=click&mailingid=68801&messageid=9300&databaseid=1238061918&serial=1228209696&emailid=tso-...@vm.marist.edu&userid=506842&extra=&&&2002&&&http://www.mylife.com/showInviteRegistration.do?uid=354858358&invitee=tso-...@vm.marist.edu

NO - I don't know Hervey http://smtp26.mail.reunion.com:80/track?type=click&mailingid=68801&messageid=9300&databaseid=1238061918&serial=1228209696&emailid=tso-...@vm.marist.edu&userid=506842&extra=&&&2000&&&http://www.mylife.com/showInviteRegistration.do?unsub=true&invitee=tso-...@vm.marist.edu&uid=354858358

MyLife - Find everyone. All in one place.(TM)

You have received this email because a MyLife member sent an invitation to
this email address. For assistance, please refer to our FAQ or Contact Us:
http://smtp26.mail.reunion.com:80/track?type=click&mailingid=68801&messageid=9300&databaseid=1238061918&serial=1228209696&emailid=tso-...@vm.marist.edu&userid=506842&extra=&&&2001&&&http://help.mylife.com/

Our Address: 2118 Wilshire Blvd., Box 1008, Santa Monica, CA 90403-5784

Copyright (c) 2009 MyLife.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

send email to LIST...@VM.MARIST.EDU with the message: INFO TSO-REXX

Rick Woods

May 14, 2009, 1:22:01 PM5/14/09
I'm sure excited about this! Imagine - I'm Hervey's friend now! Boy, things are gonna start popping for me now, you betcha!
- Rick :0P

>>> "Hervey Martinez" <elyaq...@GMAIL.COM> 5/14/2009 9:09 AM >>>

Hervey Martinez added you as a friend on MyLife(TM).
Please confirm you know Hervey so we can connect you.

Do You Know Hervey?

Itschak Mugzach

May 14, 2009, 2:01:54 PM5/14/09
Got this as well ;-()

Duane Weaver

May 14, 2009, 2:26:47 PM5/14/09
I am looking into this and will remove offending user.

duane
list owner

Duane Weaver

May 14, 2009, 3:54:15 PM5/14/09
As list owner of TSO-REXX, I have contacted this user about the
email. As long as I am still list owner, i will be watching
this. IF necessary, I will make all posts subject to approval by
me. If necessary, I will take any action necessary to block such
users. I may sound harsh, however I do not tolerate games with emails.

As a word of caution to everyone else, please be very careful signing
up on websites like this. Such websites often goes through your
address book and send email out to
everyone in your address book. Sometimes you can catch this before it
happens. I have seen evidence of this places like myyearbook.com,
and many websites that used to hosting pictures for users etc.

Duane Weaver
list owner for TSO-REXX.

At 12:09 PM 5/14/2009, you wrote:
>Hervey Martinez added you as a friend on MyLife(TM).
> Please confirm you know Hervey so we can connect you.
>
> Do You Know Hervey?

jim harrison

May 15, 2009, 11:34:14 AM5/15/09
I can attest to the ease with which you can get sucked into these
situations. It has happened to me. I thought the site was simply going
to match up my address book with known users at the site. Instead, it
suddenly emailed everyone in my book and there was nothing I could do to
stop it. Don't be too harsh on the guy. I am sure he's learned his lesson.

Farley, Peter x23353

May 15, 2009, 11:48:45 AM5/15/09
Behalf
> Of jim harrison
> Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 11:33 AM
> To: TSO-...@VM.MARIST.EDU
> Subject: Re: [TSO-REXX] List Admin: Hervey added you as a friend on
> MyLife!
>
> I can attest to the ease with which you can get sucked into these
> situations. It has happened to me. I thought the site was simply
going
> to match up my address book with known users at the site. Instead, it
> suddenly emailed everyone in my book and there was nothing I could do
> stop it. Don't be too harsh on the guy. I am sure he's learned his
> lesson.

Which is as good a reason as any not to use M$ Outlook for your address
book or for your email. At home I use a 3rd-party email product
(PocoMail) which has an address book that is completely independent of
M$ and can't be used by websites like that.

YMMV, we each choose what is comfortable for us.

Peter

attachments from your system.