problems with RTF

Julie Karow

Apr 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/29/97

Hello,

We have a customer who uses MS Exchange and frequently sends
several of our users mail with attachments. All but one of the
recipients gets the mail and its attachment without problems; this
one recipient gets the file attachment as "NONAME01," and can't
open it. One of the other users can forward to her the message and
attachment, and it's fine. Is there something in this one user's
setup that I should look for? I've compared .ini files and
everything else I can think of, and can't figure this out. By the
way, we are using WinPmail 2.53 (16 bit). Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Julie Karow
Hart Graphics

Garrett Michael Hayes

May 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/1/97

From the way you have described it, it sounds more like it is
something at the SENDER's end (especially since someone else your
organization can forward the mail and she can read it correctly).
You might ask the sender to check whether or not the Exchange address
book entry for this recipient has the "Always send to this recipient
in Rich Text Format" checked. The Excahnge administrator can turn
off RTF for an entire site (or even for all outbound mail) but I
believe the address-specfifc setting will over-ride that.

Garrett Michael Hayes
gha...@mindspring.com
* Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for
dinner. Liberty is two wolves attempting to have a sheep for
dinner and finding a well-informed, well-armed sheep.