(no subject given)

Steven Frischling

Sep 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/30/97

Mike,

It is a common technical problem when using an on camera strobe, the
flahs hits that area you desire, there by blowing out the rest of the
image. The way to compensate this is either shoot 1 to 1.5 stops slower
(if at 1/250 shoot at 1/125 - 1/90) or open up 1-2 stops on the
aperture, is say using the lens at f8, got o f5.6-f4. One problem you
might run into with the Tamron AF28-200f3.5-5.6 is that it is a
non-constant aperture, wide open the f3.5 at 28mm is f4.5 at 50mm and
5.6mm at 85mm & longer ( I was briefly the Technical Support Service
Representative for Tamron-Bronica U.S.A. when A.P. had the bad freelance
contract).

I would suggest maybe finding, if possible, a constant aperture lens,
ie: a lens with one maximum aperture through out the zoom, and trying
the above mentioned ideas.

Hope this helps

Steven E. Frischling
Freelance Photojournalist
Photo Technical Host, Kodak Photo Forum, America Online
New York City
1(800)662-5306

-No One Gets Out Alive, It's Only Life After All

Jon Wagner

Oct 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/2/97

Hi, I'm the Photo Editor for The Collegian, a daily college paper at
Colorado State University located in Fort Collins, CO. Because of the
recent flooding that we experenced in Fort Collins we lost ALL of our
equipment. Because of this, we are concidering going fully digital, and I
would apreciate any coments and/or sugestions on the Kodak DC410, and the
DC420.

What other digital models would you sugest?

Any other options that are more cost efective?

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

Jon Wagner
Photo Editor
The Rocky Mountain Collegian
Lory Student Center Box 13
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523
(970) 491-1687

-Jon

Hawkeye

Oct 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/6/97

A few months ago someone posted a note and mentioned a book about a
photojournalist/ surfer, if anyone recalls the name of the book and the
author I'd sure appreciate hearing from them. Thanks in advance. Mark Haven