EDIT profile outtrap

Gonen Shoham

Apr 2, 2001, 3:18:43 AM4/2/01
Does anyone know how can I outtrap the ISREDIT profile command output,  into Rexx vars ?

(OUTTRAP does not support edit env by the book...)

thanks

Mackenzie, Ken

Apr 2, 2001, 3:42:54 AM4/2/01
Most (maybe all) of the stuff can be extracted by something like this:

Address ISREDIT "(DSN) = DATASET"
Address ISREDIT "(MBR) = MEMBER"
etc.

The above will copy the dataset name into variable DSN and the member into
variable MBR.

What information, specifically, are you after?

Ken MacKenzie

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is regulated by IMRO, SFA and Personal Investment Authority.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.

'Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.'

Henrik Salminen

Apr 2, 2001, 6:37:28 AM4/2/01
Assuming that you issue the PROF command and then immediately run this
QAD (quick and dirty!) edit macro, you should be a bit on the way to
your goal. The z-variables may not be available yet, they are here but
I have no documentation.

/* rexx */
ADDRESS ISREDIT 'MACRO NOPROCESS'
ADDRESS ISPEXEC "VGET (ZSCREENI,ZSCREENC)"
ix = 413
do i = 1 to 5
ln.i = SUBSTR(ZSCREENI,ix,68)
/* check contents of ln.i and create variables */
say ln.i /* just to show the current prof line */
ix = ix + 80
end

Henrik Salminen
Sweden

Gonen Shoham skrev:

henrik.salminen.vcf

The ISPF Guy

Apr 2, 2001, 5:21:13 PM4/2/01
All of the variables displayed in the 'PROF 8' command are available in
ISPF variables.

For instance, the RECOVERY operand: ISREDIT (var1,var2) = RECOVERY
would return whether RECOVERY is on or off (var1) and whether or not a
warning message should be issued (var2).

And all of the rest of them are there, too. I'm looking at
SC28-1308-04 (OS/390 V 2 Release 10) "Reference Summary," pages 93-126.

>thanks

Henrik Salminen

Apr 3, 2001, 5:14:09 AM4/3/01
It seems that HILITE status can be set but not retreived yet, not even in
2.10. All the others can be retreived, just as you wrote. But for HILITE,
is there any other way (yet) to retreive it than the very primitive one I
suggested?

I tried to look up the ISREDIT profile member but I think one needs info
that is of an 'internal' nature, available only to IBM, to decipher it. An
example from our site:

Variable T Length Contents
ZEDPTYPE N 8 REXX
ZEDPLRCL N 8 80
ZEDPRCFM N 8 F
ZEDPFLAG N 8 000000100000100000010000
ZEDPBNDL N 8 0
ZEDPBNDR N 8 0
ZEDPTABC N 8
ZEDPMASK N 8
ZEDPTABS N 8
ZEDPIMAC X 8
ZEDPFLG2 X 8 01111101
ZEDPFLG3 X 8 00000001
ZEDPVER4 X 8 1

Henrik Salminen
Sweden

The ISPF Guy skrev:

henrik.salminen.vcf

Frank Clarke

Apr 3, 2001, 10:06:30 PM4/3/01
Doug Nadel --- Is there a decoding for the ~PFLAG, ~PFLG2, and
~PFLG3 fields ?

On 3 Apr 2001 02:14:09 -0700, henrik....@FORENINGSSPARBANKEN.SE
(Henrik Salminen) wrote:

Frank Clarke
Tampa Area REXX Programmers' Alliance
REXX Language Assn
Join us at www.rexxla.org

Doug Nadel

Apr 3, 2001, 11:37:56 PM4/3/01
On Wed, 04 Apr 2001 02:06:30 GMT, Frank Clarke <ni...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Doug Nadel --- Is there a decoding for the ~PFLAG, ~PFLG2, and
>~PFLG3 fields ?

>> ZEDPFLAG N 8 000000100000100000010000
Hi Frank,

Before we go any further, be aware that these fields can and have changed in the past.
They may change again in the future. They are not intended interfaces and you use them at
your own risk. I can not be responsible for broken applications, lost friends, bad hair
days or unintended weight gain that may result from your use of these fields.

Also, be aware that changes to settings within the editor may not result in an immediate
update of these variables in the tables. That may be done when the editor is closed or
when some other triggering event occurs. Some stuff, like HILITE language are figured out
dynamically. All in all, this is a lousy way of figuring out the state of an active edit
session. It may be helpful for writing an exec to force existing profiles to some
standard (though site wide and user macros are the intended interface for that).

the flag2 byte deals with recovery warning, setundo, hilite language coloring, dologic,
iflogic, paren highlighting, find highlighting and cursor highlighting.
The flag3 byte is the language selection, but since language selection is usually AUTO
(00) and the language is determined at run time, that won't be of any real help.
As for the main flag bits...

Here is some code from an exec I wrote back in the version 2 or3 days. All of this
information can be gleaned from a small exec that sets the options, and examines the
variables (it may take an exec to call the editor with an initial macro that sets them and
ends to insure the table gets updated).

Warning -- I never verified this, and I don't think the exec was ever completed, and
I'm not sure what some things here mean, I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader.
As evidence, I need point you no further than the line that says:
OLD (yes/no) = OFF <g>:
a code snippet:
a=zedpflag;
If substr(a,1,1)=1 Then caps = 'ON'; Else caps ='OFF'
If substr(a,2,1)=1 Then nonot = 'OFF'; Else nonot ='ON'
If substr(a,3,1)=1 Then hex = 'ON'; Else hex ='OFF'
If substr(a,4,1)=1 Then hexs = 'VERT'; Else hexs ='DATA';
If substr(a,5,1)=1 Then pack = 'ON'; Else pack ='OFF'
If substr(a,6,1)=1 Then nulls = 'ON'; Else nulls ='OFF'
If substr(a,7,1)=1 Then nulla = 'ALL'; Else nulla ='STD'
If substr(a,8,1)=1 Then numd = 'ON'; Else numd ='OFF'
If substr(a,9,1)=1 Then numb = 'ON'; Else numb ='OFF'
If substr(a,10,1)=1 Then numc = 'COBOL' Else numc =''
If substr(a,11,1)=1 Then nums = 'STD'; Else nums =''
If substr(a,12,1)=1 Then num6 = 'STD6'; Else num6 =''
If substr(a,13,1)=1 Then tabs = 'ON'; Else tabs ='OFF'
If substr(a,14,1)=1 Then taba = 'ALL'; Else taba ='STD'
If substr(a,15,1)=1 Then tabi = 'ON'; Else tabi ='OFF'
If substr(a,16,1)=1 Then tabo = 'ON'; Else tabo ='OFF'
If substr(a,17,1)=1 Then auton = 'ON'; Else auton ='OFF'
If substr(a,18,1)=1 Then print = 'ON'; Else print ='OFF'
If substr(a,19,1)=1 Then stats = 'ON'; Else stats ='OFF'
If substr(a,20,1)=1 Then recvr = 'ON'; Else recvr ='OFF'
If substr(a,21,1)=1 Then lock = 'LOCK' Else lock ='UNLOCK'
If substr(a,22,1)=1 Then autsa = 'ON'; Else autsa ='OFF'
If substr(a,23,1)=1 Then autsp = 'PROMPT'; Else autsp ='NOPROMPT'
If substr(a,24,1)=1 Then old = 'ON'; Else old ='OFF'

And the results as shown on the panel:

CAPS On/Off ===> OFF TABS On/Off ===> ON
NOTE On/Off ===> ON Any/Std ===> STD
HEX On/Off ===> OFF Input ===> OFF
Vert/Data ===> DATA Output ===> OFF
PACK On/Off ===> OFF AUTONUM On/Off ===> OFF
NULLS On/Off ===> OFF PRINT On/Off ===> OFF
All/Std ===> STD STATS On/Off ===> OFF
DISPLAY On/Off ===> OFF RECOVER On/Off ===> ON
NUMBER On/Off ===> ON LOCK Lock/Unlock ===>
Cobol ===> 0 AUTOSAVE On/Off ===> OFF
Std ===> Prompt/Noprompt ===> NOPROMP
Std6 ===> STD6 OLD Yes/No ===> OFF

Once again, I can not overstate the potential volatility of these flags. Since they are
all in use, any future functions will require changes to the profile structure and that
can be quite drastic (as was the case when the 255 byte limit was lifted, for example).

Doug Nadel
ISPF and OS/390 Tools & Toys page:
http://somebody.home.mindspring.com/

Mail containing HTML or any attachments, including vcf files, is
automatically discarded. If you need to send me an attachment,
please let me know so that I can change my email filters.

Frank Clarke

Apr 4, 2001, 4:51:56 PM4/4/01
On Tue, 03 Apr 2001 23:37:56 -0400, Doug Nadel
<some...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>...It may be helpful for writing an exec to force existing profiles to some
>standard

Exactly what I want it for...

>Once again, I can not overstate the potential volatility of these flags.

Fair enough. Thanx for the info.