SUBSYS=LAM and PANV supported for QSAM access?

Charles Mills

Jan 13, 2010, 12:35:47 PM1/13/10
I'm working on a product that will have to support SUBSYS=LAM and
SUBSYS=PANV datasets. I don't have access to the CA products or
documentation, and it's awfully tough to get customers to help with problems
that are not directly on their radar.

I have only seen SUBSYS=LAM and SUBSYS=PANV coded on DD statements that
defined an entire "PDS-like" dataset that the program would access with BPAM
macros: BLDL, FIND, READ, etc.:

//SYSLIB DD DSN=OUR.PANVALET.LIBRARY,DISP=SHR,SUBSYS=PANV

Does anyone know *for sure* whether the LAM and PANV access methods support
coding SUBSYS=LAM on a DD statement that references a single member for QSAM
access? In other words something like

//SYSIN DD DSN=OUR.PANVALET.LIBRARY(MAINPROG),DISP=SHR,SUBSYS=PANV

Thanks in advance.

Charles

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Bruner, Jeffrey S

Jan 13, 2010, 12:43:52 PM1/13/10
Charles,

Yes, that works as well for both Subsystems listed. QSAM with the member
name specified just like you have it

Also in the SYSLIB you can concatenate "real" IBM PDSs with the "other"
library types, but must specify SUBSYS=????
On all those DDs as well in the SYSLIB concat.

Good Luck!

Jeff Bruner
L2 Support for CA Librarian & CA Panvalet

Charles Mills

Jan 13, 2010, 1:11:25 PM1/13/10
Wow! Thank you so much for your definitive response.

Charles