Re: IBMLINK-SEV1 32141089-->now 10:15 maybe

Robert Justice

Jun 11, 2007, 9:25:43 AM6/11/07
the latest "claim" is that it will be fixed by 10:15

I hope customers rip IBM apart at Share and at the z/OS expo for this web
IBMLINK nonsense.

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Efinn...@ibm-main.lst

Jun 11, 2007, 9:40:54 AM6/11/07

In a message dated 6/11/2007 8:25:48 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jus...@PEOPLEPC.COM writes:

rip IBM apart at Share and at the z/OS expo for this web
IBMLINK nonsense.

I don't see what SHARE/Expo has to do with it. This is bread and butter
'bidness'. Services offered, services not rendered...unfortunately it's tied
in to the support contract. So non-payment could lead to termination of 'all
support'.

In the past branch and account managers would assume the role of customer
advocate. I guess in the new age another 'lost function' 'cause nobody wanted to
support it and it cost money?

Robert Justice

Jun 11, 2007, 9:42:55 AM6/11/07
something has to be done, because this is absurd.

Chase, John

Jun 11, 2007, 9:53:50 AM6/11/07

Seems that once upon a time access to IBMLINK was an extra-cost option
called SoftwareXcel Extended. Is that no longer true?

-jc-

Chase, John

Jun 11, 2007, 10:02:18 AM6/11/07

I think it passed "absurd" last week.

Perhaps someone envisions this possible future scenario:

Support: "We've had zero problem reports for the last quarter."

Management: "Nobody has tried to use the service for the last quarter."

Support: "And your point is......?"

-jc-

Efinn...@ibm-main.lst

Jun 11, 2007, 10:02:17 AM6/11/07

In a message dated 6/11/2007 8:54:06 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jch...@USSCO.COM writes:

Seems that once upon a time access to IBMLINK was an extra-cost option
called SoftwareXcel Extended. Is that no longer true?

Yeah, but with long term service contracts it all gets lumped together.

Chase, John

Jun 11, 2007, 10:19:59 AM6/11/07

In that case, non-availability of part of the contracted service would
constitute "breach of contract", wouldn't it?

-jc-

Arthur T.

Jun 11, 2007, 10:35:02 AM6/11/07
On 11 Jun 2007 06:40:54 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
Efinn...@ibm-main.lst wrote:

>In a message dated 6/11/2007 8:25:48 A.M. Central Daylight
>Time,
>jus...@PEOPLEPC.COM writes:
>
>rip IBM apart at Share and at the z/OS expo for this web
>IBMLINK nonsense.
>

>I don't see what SHARE/Expo has to do with it. This is
>bread and butter
>'bidness'. Services offered, services not
>rendered...unfortunately it's tied in to the support
>contract. So non-payment could lead to termination of
>'all support'.

"To win in a bureaucracy, make your problem their
problem."

Rather than just opening sev 1s whenever IBMLINK is
down, perhaps you should call the hotline and ask the
people there to do whatever you were trying to do. Maybe
when IBM sees the costs involved in staffing the hotline,
they'll improve IBMLINK service (and/or bring back the 3270
interface). Of course, we have to face the possibility
that they'll instead drop the hotline.

--
I cannot receive mail at the address this was sent from.
To reply directly, send to ar23hur "at" intergate "dot" com

Efinn...@ibm-main.lst

Jun 11, 2007, 10:41:45 AM6/11/07

In a message dated 6/11/2007 9:02:41 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jch...@USSCO.COM writes:

Management: "Nobody has tried to use the service for the last quarter."

Support: "And your point is......?"

What was the old film where the inmates are freed and are charged with
running the town? Zero Mostell comes to mind...but it's really foggy and the dew
point is rising.

Efinn...@ibm-main.lst

Jun 11, 2007, 10:42:54 AM6/11/07

In a message dated 6/11/2007 9:20:00 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jch...@USSCO.COM writes:

In that case, non-availability of part of the contracted service would
constitute "breach of contract", wouldn't it?

Yeah, but it varies from state to state. CE's still come when called, parts
get replaced, etc...guess eventually the suits will get involved.

Ed Gould

Jun 11, 2007, 11:28:16 AM6/11/07
On Jun 11, 2007, at 8:40 AM, Ed Finnell wrote:

> In a message dated 6/11/2007 8:25:48 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
> jus...@PEOPLEPC.COM writes:
>
> rip IBM apart at Share and at the z/OS expo for this web
> IBMLINK nonsense.
>

> I don't see what SHARE/Expo has to do with it. This is bread and
> butter
> 'bidness'. Services offered, services not rendered...unfortunately
> it's tied
> in to the support contract. So non-payment could lead to
> termination of 'all
> support'.
>
> In the past branch and account managers would assume the role of
> customer
> advocate. I guess in the new age another 'lost function' 'cause
> nobody wanted to
> support it and it cost money?

Ed:

Have you (and other asked for a duty manager? This just rises
visibility usually doesn't fix the issue. Once in a while he (or she)
can step in and slap some knuckles. But in cases (probably ) like
this visibility is the one of the real issues, IMO.

Ed

Efinn...@ibm-main.lst

Jun 11, 2007, 11:39:58 AM6/11/07

In a message dated 6/11/2007 10:28:32 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
edgou...@COMCAST.NET writes:

Have you (and other asked for a duty manager? This just rises
visibility usually doesn't fix the issue. Once in a while he (or she)
can step in and slap some knuckles. But in cases (probably ) like

Usually get adequate response from support. It's more of a technology
architecture issue. Stuff keeps breaking, availability is horrible, response time
is sporadic and has been for months.

Rick Fochtman

Jun 11, 2007, 11:41:01 AM6/11/07
-------------------------<snip>-------------------

>>something has to be done, because this is absurd.
>>

>I think it passed "absurd" last week.
>
>Perhaps someone envisions this possible future scenario:
>
>Support: "We've had zero problem reports for the last quarter."
>
>Management: "Nobody has tried to use the service for the last quarter."
>
>Support: "And your point is......?"

Far beyond absurd; try ludicrous. Doesn't this fall under the category
of Theft By Deception? Collecting fees for services NOT rendered?

Robert Justice

Jun 11, 2007, 11:42:33 AM6/11/07
oh yes, as I do with all ibmlink outages, I have sent this latest issue on to our
IBM rep in-house here, and last time IBMLINK suffered outage problems I
received an email reply from the SoftwareExcel Manager