PPT 2003 to Word 2003

EDTECH Editor-Beil

Nov 22, 2010, 10:12:27 AM11/22/10
From: "Eduard Frerking" <eduard....@fmsd.org>

Is there an easy way to make a single slide PPT 2003 covert into Word 2003?

We have certificates we wish to use that were created in PPT 2003. We wish
to covert them to Word 2003 as a text file with boarder. This way we can
use mail merge to merge names and other info into the certificate. PPT
2003 does not allow mail merge. All the exporting features and native
converters that will allow word to use it make the slide a graphic in
Word. We want to manipulate the PPT slide certificate.

Ed Frerking
Capt. Jason M. Dahl

"Life at Cal Tech is like getting a drink of water from a fire hose."
SCCOE CLC Presentation (23.Sep.09)

---
Edtech Archives, posting guidelines and other information are at:
http://www.h-net.msu.edu/~edweb
Please include your name, email address, and school or professional
affiliation in each posting.
SIGNOFF EDTECH

EDTECH Editor-Beil

Nov 24, 2010, 9:19:09 AM11/24/10
From: "Elizabeth Lewis" <ele...@westportschools.org>

I would save the PPT slide as a graphic, removing the information that
will be put in by merge fields. You can then bring the graphic into the
background (behind text) of a word document.

To save a ppt slide as a graphic, go to the save as dialogue box and
choose other formats. You should see jpeg as an available option. From
there you should be able to go into Word and use insert picture to bring
in the graphic. Make sure to set your page layout and margins first--that
way there is less resizing on your part. If you put the image in the
background, you should then be able to overlay your merge fields using
word--if you have publisher available to you, you might use that instead.
I find it much easier to move text boxes and images around there and you
can still mail merge.

You can also select everything on a PowerPoint slide and copy and paste it
into Word, but then you have to resize, center etc. Pick your poison....

Hope this helps!

Elizabeth Lewis
Director of Technology
Westport Community Schools
17 Main Road
Westport, MA  02790
(508) 636-1140 ext. 1009
(508) 636-1449 fax

EDTECH Editor-Beil

Nov 24, 2010, 9:19:27 AM11/24/10
From: "Cuff, Alexis" <ac...@palisadessd.org>

Can you save the background as an image file (print screen or through
paint) paste it to a Word doc and then transfer the text using a copy and
paste?

EDTECH Editor-Beil

Nov 24, 2010, 9:19:47 AM11/24/10
From: rajo...@verizon.net

go to FILE---> Send To in powerpoint

On Nov 22, 2010, EDTECH Editor-Beil wrote: From: "Eduard Frerking"

Is there an easy way to make a single slide PPT 2003 covert into Word 2003?

We have certificates we wish to use that were created in PPT 2003. We wish
to covert them to Word 2003 as a text file with boarder. This way we can
use mail merge to merge names and other info into the certificate. PPT
2003 does not allow mail merge. All the exporting features and native
converters that will allow word to use it make the slide a graphic in
Word. We want to manipulate the PPT slide certificate.

Ed Frerking
Capt. Jason M. Dahl

"Life at Cal Tech is like getting a drink of water from a fire hose."
SCCOE CLC Presentation (23.Sep.09)

---

EDTECH Editor-Beil

Nov 24, 2010, 10:49:35 AM11/24/10
From: "Chris Moore" <chris...@yahoo.com>

I would try the following steps:

Select all the data in PowerPoint (Ctrl + A)
Copy it (Ctrl + C)
Return to Word and set it as a Landscape
Paste it (Ctrl + V)
I am not too familiar with mail merge so I don't know if this method will
work. I don't have 2003 to look at the possible ways of saving the
PowerPoint.

Chris Clementi
Middle School Computer Teacher
Google Certified Teacher
http://www.kidsnetsoft.com/html/home2.html
twitter: kidsnetsoft

EDTECH Editor-Beil

Nov 24, 2010, 5:18:06 PM11/24/10
From: "Eduard Frerking" <eduard....@fmsd.org>

Thanks for the reply.
However, this would not work because it is turning the slide to an image.
An image is not a document and therefore can not be "merged".

Ed Frerking
Capt. Jason M. Dahl

"Life at Cal Tech is like getting a drink of water from a fire hose."
SCCOE CLC Presentation (23.Sep.09)

EDTECH Editor-Beil

Nov 24, 2010, 5:18:17 PM11/24/10
From: "Eduard Frerking" <eduard....@fmsd.org>

Thanks for the reply. I tried this as recommended by someone else before I
posted the question. It works very well with PPT 2007 or greater. However,
I have PPT 2003 (District given). It does not work well. It converts the
ppt slide to a graphic. Unfortunately, the graphic is not able to be

From: rajo...@verizon.net