Note card online generator

EDTECH Editor-Jones

Sep 29, 2010, 10:04:52 PM9/29/10
From: "Kathy Laney" <lan...@hicksvilleschools.org>

I teach high school biology, and I am collaborating with the English
teacher for our science fair projects. I have an annotated note reference
sheet that I have always had the students complete, but she would like to
do the traditional notecards. Does anyone know of a good online notecard
generator? I found several bibliography generators, but I would like
something useful that the students can type info into. Any ideas would be
greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Kathy Laney
Hicksville HS
HSTW National Pacesetter School
Hicksville, OH

lan...@hicksvilleschools.org

"You only get one life to live, so live it well."

---
Edtech Archives, posting guidelines and other information are at:
http://www.h-net.msu.edu/~edweb
Please include your name, email address, and school or professional
affiliation in each posting.
SIGNOFF EDTECH

EDTECH Editor-Jones

Sep 30, 2010, 7:05:22 AM9/30/10
From: "Catherine Murphy" <catherin...@gmail.com>

I found a few on this
site<http://web20guru.wikispaces.com/Web+2.0+Resources>under
"Assessment and Evaluation." I've not used them, but Flashcard
Exchange (www.flashcardexchange.com) seems pretty user friendly. They have
several already made for Biology.

Catherine Murphy
M.Ed. Educational Technology Student
University of South Carolina

EDTECH Editor-Jones

Sep 30, 2010, 11:41:28 PM9/30/10
From: "Kathy Laney" <lan...@hicksvilleschools.org>

I love these websites and will certainly use them, but they are more for
flashcards. What I really want is a website where they can enter the
bibliographic information, add notes, and generate a bibliography. I know
that is asking a lot, but I am hoping that is already available somewhere.
Thanks.
Kathy Laney
lan...@hicksvilleschools.org

EDTECH Editor-Jones

Oct 2, 2010, 11:42:15 AM10/2/10
From: "Reardon Offerman, Theresa" <t...@moundsparkacademy.org>

The librarians at our school use NoodleBib. http://www.noodletools.com/
This tool has accurate MLA, APA, and Chicago/Turabian bibliography composer
with fully-integrated note-taking. Hope this helps. theresa
Theresa Reardon Offerman
Mathematics Department
5-12 Technology Coordinator

Mounds Park Academy
2051 Larpenteur Ave. E.
St. Paul, MN 55109
651-777-2555 (voice) 651-777-8633 (fax)

> From: "Kathy Laney" <lan...@hicksvilleschools.org>
>
> I love these websites and will certainly use them, but they are more for
> flashcards. What I really want is a website where they can enter the
> bibliographic information, add notes, and generate a bibliography. I know
> that is asking a lot, but I am hoping that is already available somewhere.
> Thanks.
> Kathy Laney
> lan...@hicksvilleschools.org

---

EDTECH Editor-Jones

Oct 2, 2010, 11:42:44 AM10/2/10
From: "Diane McCormack" <dmcco...@affton.k12.mo.us>

These are my favorite online citation sources

http://easybib.com/MyBib/step2.php

http://citationmachine.net/

>From: "Kathy Laney" <lan...@hicksvilleschools.org>
>
>I love these websites and will certainly use them, but they are more for
>flashcards. What I really want is a website where they can enter the
>bibliographic information, add notes, and generate a bibliography. I know
>that is asking a lot, but I am hoping that is already available somewhere.
>Thanks.
>Kathy Laney
>lan...@hicksvilleschools.org

Diane McCormack
Technology Facilitator
Rogers Middle School
7550 Mackenzie Road
St. Louis, MO 63123
(314) 351-9679 ext. 12016
voice mail: 12530

One of the most feared expressions in modern times is "The computer
is down." --Norman Augustine

EDTECH Editor-Jones

Oct 2, 2010, 11:42:53 AM10/2/10
From: "Susan Maiers" <SMa...@gsl.k12.mn.us>

Easybib is one; citationmaker is another that might help.
Check the link to my bookmarked sites on bibliography
http://www.delicious.com/maierss/bibliography
Sue Maiers
SMa...@gsl.k12.mn.us

> From: "Kathy Laney" <lan...@hicksvilleschools.org>
>
> I love these websites and will certainly use them, but they are more for
> flashcards. What I really want is a website where they can enter the
> bibliographic information, add notes, and generate a bibliography. I know
> that is asking a lot, but I am hoping that is already available
> somewhere.
> Thanks.
> Kathy Laney
> lan...@hicksvilleschools.org

---

EDTECH Editor-Jones

Oct 2, 2010, 11:43:08 AM10/2/10
From: "Art Wolinsky" <awol...@3dwriting.com>

HI Kathy,

It looks as if NoodleBib will do the trick, but it's not free.
http://www.noodletools.com/tools/index.php

It's $60 a year for a teacher and her students. You can request a free
trial.

Art

>From: "Kathy Laney" <lan...@hicksvilleschools.org>
>
>I love these websites and will certainly use them, but they are more for
>flashcards. What I really want is a website where they can enter the
>bibliographic information, add notes, and generate a bibliography. I know
>that is asking a lot, but I am hoping that is already available somewhere.
>Thanks.
>Kathy Laney
>lan...@hicksvilleschools.org

Art Wolinsky
OEO 3DWriting.com
Technology Director - Online Internet Institute
Educational Technology Director - WiredSafety.org
awol...@3dwriting.com
(609) 618-4433

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.
I will surely learn a great deal today.

EDTECH Editor-Jones

Oct 2, 2010, 11:33:19 PM10/2/10
From: "Ammar Elhassan Elmerhbi" <mram...@gmail.com>

HI,
YOu can try zotero <http://zotero.com/> " a free, easy-to-use *Firefox
extension* to help you *collect, manage, cite, and share* your research
sources. It lives right where you do your work—in the *web browser* itself.
"

YOu can also try evernote <http://www.evernote.com/>. Students can take
notes and capture information on the web.

Other web-based, desktop application are too advanced for a high school
students.

Ammar Elhassan ElMerhbi
mailto: ammar...@eductechalogy.org
Website: http://eductechalogy.org