Business Information Sources on the Net

Leslie M. Haas

Jun 22, 1993, 12:01:14 PM6/22/93
*****CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS******

BACKGROUND:
In January 1993 a group of business librarians, mainly academic, started a
project to list business sources accessible through the Internet. The
sources would be listed by subject and file type. After months of discussion
the project is at the point where we need interested volunteers to "surf" the
Internet to find tools that would be of interest to business students, profs,
practitioners and (of course) librarians.

I have listed the chapter breakdowns below. If you would like to participate
in this project, send back the following information guide to LHAAS@KENTVM
by July 8, 1993.

Team Leaders have been chosen for the subject areas below. Please mark your
top three choices and I will forward your name to the appropriate Team Leader.
The Team Leader will then contact you and you can make arrangements regarding
your participation in this project. The deadline for completion is Oct. 1,
1993.

I will be attending Annual in New Orleans and will be asking for volunteers
at that time as well. If you have any questions, just look for me at the
BRASS Meetings. I will have sign up forms there as well.

_Please Return the bottom half of the message only, Thanks!__________________

Subject Areas:

U.S. Business and Economic Trends _____

Foreign Statistics and Economic Trends _____

Industry Statistics _____

Locating Information on Companies, Org. and Individuals _____

Investment Sources______

Business in American Society_____

Management _____

Management of Public and Nonprofit Org. ______

Accounting/Control and Taxation ______

Computers and Management Information Systems _____

Corporate Finance and Banking ______

Insurance and Real Estate _____

International Management _____

Management Science and Statistical Methods _____

Marketing _____

Human Resources/Personnel Management (including Industrial Relations)_____

Production and Operations Management _____

Name:_____________________________________________

E-Mail Address:___________________________________

Institution:______________________________________

Areas you have some expertise in (i.e. Usenet, Gopher, Veronica, WAIS):

Please return form to:

Leslie M. Haas
Business Reference Librarian
Kent State University Libraries and Media Services
Kent, OH 44242-0001
lhaas@kentvm
Co-Moderator: LIBREF-L, RRA-L
Editorial Board: LIBRES