Message from Fred Kaplan (was: Fats & most melodic guitarist)

T. Roy Matthews

Mar 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/21/98

On Sat, 21 Mar 1998 15:43:06 -0800 Fred Kaplan writes:

Teeroy,
Thanks so much for mentioning Hollywood Fats' name. More than just a
guitar player, Fats was a true musical genius. He could actually play
other instruments besides the guitar, although he never did publicly.
One of his amazing abilities was to be able to play perfectly as an
accompianist as well as an incredible soloist. He was THE consumate
blues guitarist - always perfectly balanced between all the rest of the
band. Just ask B.B. King his opinion about Hollywood Fats.

We hope to be able to release some never-heard-before, vintage 1970's &
80's, original Hollywood Fats Band tracks on Blue Collar Music later
this year. I'd be happy to announce the release date on "blues-l" as
soon as we get everything closer to being ready for final production.

Aside from growing up musically together with Fats, a day rarely goes by
that I don't still miss him as my good friend.

Red Beans & Ricely,

Fred Kaplan
VP Blue Collar Music
Pianist At Large

PS: You may post this to the newsgroup if you like.

Teeroy
Http://members.tripod.com/~deltaramblers
Http://members.tripod.com/~socalblues