Heavy Metal

gmge...@thama1.apgea.army.mil

Nov 3, 1992, 8:42:00 AM11/3/92
>On Mon, 2 Nov 1992 13:54:47 EST jcs said:
>>
>>METAL RULES. DEATH TO ALL WHO APPOSE!!!!!!!!!
>Webster says:
>Appose: (v.) to place in juxtaposition or proximity.
>Should we take this to mean that all those in proximity to heavy metal are not
>long for this world? Gee, that seems rather harsh - not *all* heavy metal fans
>are all that bad <innocent grin>
>Paul 'hevy medul fans are their own worst enemies' Heroy

If I had a nickel for every time someone did this....well...I'd have a lot of
nickels.

1) I wouldn't call Jenna a heavy metal fan.
2) It's just a saying. We know it's not correct.

People who jump to conclusions are their own worst enemies.

And before you all go off to the polls today, I'd like to quote my favorite Yes
song:

"One word can bring you round, changes"

Seeya,
Gary

DARON MCNAB

Nov 3, 1992, 8:18:43 AM11/3/92
Let me guess, you play with toys! Possibly some that use batteries.

What do you suggest we listen to, the Toys - r - us theme?

gmge...@thama1.apgea.army.mil

Nov 2, 1992, 5:08:00 PM11/2/92
>Will someone please post some Heavy Metal info to the list to save me
>from all the Jazz, Opera, Madonna, Miles, and Sinead posts'.

No one is making you read all that other stuff. This list is for all types of
music. If you want to talk about metal only, subscribe to the heavy metal list,
though they seldom talk about metal.

> Does anyone have a Metal news, or concert info on big bands, or
> release info?

I have been told that Triumph is due for a new release. In fact, it's already
been released in Canada. The name of the album is _Edge Of Excess_. Triumph is
now Rik Emmett-less :-( and has a new guitarist. His name is Phil X. He has
played with Aldo Nova.

...but then, I don't know if I would call Triumph metal and they are certainly
not a big band ('cept for me).

> Has anyone ever heard the Texas based radio station Z-ROCK?

Yes, Lee has.

Seeya,
Gary
"You can't polish a terd, you will only get a dirty rag"

mjfe...@midway.uchicago.edu

Nov 2, 1992, 9:43:49 PM11/2/92
Tom Buck yells:
>MATTEL RULES!!! DEATH TO ALL WHO BUY TONKA!!!

Watch it, Tom. I'm a woman who takes her toys VERY seriously. How can you
have any affection for a company that makes Barbie, the amazing
math-hating,
if-she-were-a-real-girl-she'd-be-5'9"-tall-weigh-63-lbs.-and-have-a-19-inch-
waist, money-grubbing, wench? (I used to pop the heads off mine and let the
cat play with them...) Are you a stockholder?

Legos are the pinnacle, the very zenith of toydom.

Marsha

The Chrome-Plated Megaphone of Destiny

Nov 2, 1992, 6:15:48 PM11/2/92
From: Paul Heroy <HEROY%LSUVM....@pucc.PRINCETON.EDU>
Subject: RE: Heavy Metal

>On Mon, 2 Nov 1992 13:54:47 EST jcs said:
>>
>>METAL RULES. DEATH TO ALL WHO APPOSE!!!!!!!!!

> ------

>Webster says:
>
>Appose: (v.) to place in juxtaposition or proximity.
>
>Should we take this to mean that all those in proximity to heavy metal are not
>long for this world? Gee, that seems rather harsh - not *all* heavy metal fans
>are all that bad <innocent grin>
>
>Paul 'hevy medul fans are their own worst enemies' Heroy

Paul,
It's sort of an ALLMUSIC in-joke...

MEDDLE RULES. DEATH TO ALL WHO UMMAGUMMA!!!!!!!

-Adam

Ken Koester

Nov 3, 1992, 8:31:40 AM11/3/92
On Mon, 2 Nov 1992 13:54:47 EST jcs said:
>>From: DARON MCNAB <ID...@SNYCENVM.BITNET>

>>Will someone please post some Heavy Metal info to the list to save me
>>from all the Jazz, Opera, Madonna, Miles, and Sinead posts'.
>>

>METAL RULES. DEATH TO ALL WHO APPOSE!!!!!!!!!
>
>COLDSTEELE

<spelling correction>

METAL LOSES. APPOSE ALL RULES TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!

<end spelling correction>

another bird

Nov 3, 1992, 9:16:41 AM11/3/92
Metal Rules? Rules what? Fools?

Mike Masuda

Nov 3, 1992, 12:22:35 PM11/3/92
Marsha sez:
>Legos are the pinnacle, the very zenith of toydom.

Before they started making the damn packages so small and so specific!!!
When I was a tyke, they had these bulk Legos that had tons and tons
of bricks that one could put together into whatever you wanted.
Now all they give you is a pitful number of bricks and some specific parts.
It leaves nothing to the child's creativity.
My room was Legos and Tinkertoys until I reached puberty.
Micronauts, anyone?

Mike Masuda
does anybody remember laughter

Pat Viscosi

Nov 3, 1992, 11:58:00 AM11/3/92
Date sent: 3-NOV-1992 11:45:16
NET" "DURAE DANIELS", IN%"WILL...@SNYPLAVA.BITNET" "Aaron Williams", IN%"V
ISC...@SNYPLAVA.BITNET" "Pat Viscosi"
>CC:
>Subj: RE: Heavy Metal

>Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1992 08:31:40 EST
>From: Ken Koester <MAI...@ERS.BITNET>
>Subject: RE: Heavy Metal
>Sender: Discussions on all forms of Music <ALLM...@AUVM.BITNET>
>To: Paul Carpino <CARP...@SNYPLAVA.BITNET>,
> DURAE DANIELS <DANI...@SNYPLAVA.BITNET>,
> Aaron Williams <WILL...@SNYPLAVA.BITNET>,
> Pat Viscosi <VISC...@SNYPLAVA.BITNET>

What's up Daron.....

who is your favorite Metal Group? Mine is Judas Priest. I saw them in
concert last year and it was SICK! Rob Halford the lead singer came out on
the stage in pitch darkness on a Harley. He brings an eerie feeling over
the audience as he revs the hog to deffening decibels- and moves the
seering light from it throughout the crowd. It was an incredible start.!#$
Not only was Priest awesome, but also their openers --------->MEGADEATH!
It was out of control! Everyone was moshing and head bangin'...It got to a
point where the screaming guitars from Priest were so loud, I had to leave
my 5th row seat and head for the balcony where my ears would not take such
a harsh beating. I think Priests new Album "PAINKILLER" kicks butt. No
one CAN COMPARE.
PRIEST RULES!
===================================
==============================
=======================
==================
==============
========
====
==
^^
/ \
/**\
----
WARNING : DON't PLAY ANY OF THESE ALBUMS BACKWARDS!!!!!!!!

gmge...@thama1.apgea.army.mil

Nov 3, 1992, 11:10:00 AM11/3/92

>Will someone please post some Heavy Metal info to the list to save me
>from all the Jazz, Opera, Madonna, Miles, and Sinead posts'.

No one is making you read all that other stuff. This list is for all types of

Paul Heroy

Nov 3, 1992, 10:56:18 AM11/3/92
On Mon, 2 Nov 1992 21:43:58 -0500 <mjfe...@MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU> said:

>>>"I like my men the way I like Lifesavers: they taste great and last a long
>>> time when you suck them slowly."
>>>
>>> - Libby Doe
>>
>>Shamelessly stolen from somewhere else on the net: "Jake liked his women the
>>way he liked his kiwi fruit: tart yet sweet, firm yet yielding to the touch,
>>and covered with short brown fuzzy hair."
>>
>>I, on the other hand, like my women like firetrucks: always ready to come,
>>whooping it up while doing so, and making that hose gush when they get
>>there.... ah, the afterglow of a good fire :-)
>
>OK. I'd like to add the desperate woman's answer to this, and then we can
>drop this amusing, but depressing thread..
>
>I LIKE MEN. I don't have a lot to choose from right now, so I'd like to
>have my men the way I have my goldfish. Cheap, readily available,
>low-maintenance, and when one bites the dust, as they always do, you can go
>out and replace them with little emotional distress.....SIGH...
>
>Need I remind all you perverts that you're married? What do your spouses
>think of this?

I take great offense to this remark - I'm a completely single pervert! And a
big music fan, so if you're ever in the Baton Rouge/New Orleans area, lemme
know, and we'll see how hot the music can get ;-)

Paul 'unattached' Heroy

Paul Heroy

Nov 3, 1992, 11:03:05 AM11/3/92
On Mon, 2 Nov 1992 17:08:00 EST <gmge...@THAMA1.APGEA.ARMY.MIL> said:

>I have been told that Triumph is due for a new release. In fact, it's already
>been released in Canada. The name of the album is _Edge Of Excess_. Triumph is
>now Rik Emmett-less :-( and has a new guitarist. His name is Phil X. He has
>played with Aldo Nova.
>
>...but then, I don't know if I would call Triumph metal and they are certainly
>not a big band ('cept for me).

Oh oh oh!! (Raises hand excitedly.) Me too! They were one of my favorite bands
in high school, and I don't know why they didn't have a bigger following. Gil
Moore was a pretty so-so singer, but Rik was terrific, and a good guitarist.
Triumph without Rik is just not Triumph, IMHO. Have you heard Rik's solo album?

Paul Heroy

CHRISTIAN CHARLES KAZANECKI

Nov 3, 1992, 10:24:03 PM11/3/92

OK. Hopefully everybody has all the "Metal Rules Fools" BS, etc. is over and
somebody can post something even semi-informative. I have many questions,
but not much info. What do you guys think of the new Extreme album? I
haven't heard it, but I've gotten mixed results from friends. Is Metal
Church coming out with a new album soon? Has anyone heard WSOU - Seton
Hall's radio station. I miss it badly here at school and as a result miss
out on all new info. SO, I would like to know what new albums(HM) are due
out. Also, how people like the latest albums ( Extreme, Warrior Soul, for
example). I was extremely psyched to see all the Heavy Metal subjects when
I logged in, but, upon reading them was very disappointed - let's give it
another try, huh? Thanx for your support -

--

-- Metal.
"When you know that your time is close at hand,

- IRON MAIDEN

mjfe...@midway.uchicago.edu

Nov 4, 1992, 12:41:34 AM11/4/92
Paul:

>I take great offense to this remark - I'm a completely single pervert! And a
>big music fan, so if you're ever in the Baton Rouge/New Orleans area, lemme
>know, and we'll see how hot the music can get ;-)
>
>Paul 'unattached' Heroy

Where have you been all my life? Louisiana???? I've been to New Orleans and
even at the tender age of 16 I thought the music was pretty hot! If I can
hide from all these lawyer types for a while, I'll come visit ;-).....
Sorry to offend....You're not the only unattached one....but it seems that
all of you free dudes are in other states, time zones and countries!!!

Marsha