Medical Update

1 view

Na...@aol.com

Jan 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/13/96
In a message dated 96-01-13 10:49:56 EST, IRISH38 writes:

<<
To make a long story short, my doctor agreed to let me come home to die. He
says it's probably a matter of days at this point, that a body simply cannot
function on 8%. >>

ya know Jim... G-d works in strange ways, but I told you before and I meant
it, you cant die on us now... :>

A heart can not function at 8% but mine isnt much higher and I am....

Nate

Rev. Jim Sutter

Jan 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/13/96
For those who were wondering, I am home temporarily. Seems before I could
even leave for the transplant, I had another heart attack, and was taken by
ambulance to the local hopistal. I spent about 3 days in CCU, and they
reasonably stabilized me. They also ran new tests, and found that my
ejection fraction (the efficiency of one's heart) is down to 8%, which
disqualifies me for ny transplant.

To make a long story short, my doctor agreed to let me come home to die. He
says it's probably a matter of days at this point, that a body simply cannot
function on 8%.

Once I'm gone, I will try to watch over my friends from Heaven, (so Phil &
Nate better stop arguing, or I'll send a thunderbolt !) . It has been a
great honor to participate in this listserve, and I wish I could be here
longer, but God is finally calling. I hope that, in some small way, I made
some difference to someone on this list, that I did some good.

If I can, I will try to check in over the weekend, but we don't expect I will
last much longer than through the weekend. Rev Jim

Hal Guentert

Jan 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/13/96
God Bless You, Rev Jim

I hope that God will intervene with a solution, but if not I hope to meet
you in Heaven one of these days. Your courage is a blessing to me.

"helene_simmons_605_north_st._morenci,______________mi_49256"

Jan 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/14/96
God Bless you, Jim. We are all there with you until you are called Home. I
am still going to pray for you. I love you. Helene

Joe Salamack

Jan 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/15/96
Rev. Jim my name is Joe and I Have been following your story since I heard of
your problems. I have been praying for you and I want you to know that where
there is life there is still hope. Keep your faith with God and He will do
the rest.

Rev. Jim Sutter

Jan 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/15/96
Dear Friends: I expect that tonite will be my last posting on this or any
other board. I can no longer breathe on my own and can hardly move without
my heart setting off the alarms. It has been great knowing you all, and I
will do whatever God allows me to from Heaven, to forward the cause of equal
access for all persons, able-bodied, disabled or otherwise. Please pray for
my wife, son, family and friends to have the emotional strength to realize
that this should not be a period of grief, it should be celebration - I will
be in Heaven, with no more physical and emotional pain. It has been great
knowing all of you, and I hope you can carry on for equal rights. Rev Jim
Sutter

Valerie Harris - AAO

Jan 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/15/96
THis guy keeps on ticking

Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 10:49:55 -0500
From: "Rev. Jim Sutter" <IRI...@AOL.COM>
Subject: Medical Update
To: Multiple recipients of list ADA-LAW <ADA...@VM1.NODAK.EDU>

Joe Salamack

Jan 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/16/96
I only heard of your condition in the last two weeks Rev. Jim but I feel that
I know you and understand how you and your family feel. May God watch over
such a good person who has problems yet would think of others. Those of us
who know you will pray for you and carry on your work. You have given us the
courage to do so. We will also pray for your family.

Your friend,
Joe