fizzPOP phone

1 view

hellocatfood

Jul 15, 2009, 8:25:31 PM7/15/09
to Birmingham Hack Space
I think it's time we have a phone number for people to call if they
get lost trying to find the fizzPOP venue. This happened at tonights
session and we only found out about it via twitter two hours later.

Does anyone have a pay-as-you-go sim card and possibly even an old
phone (plus charger) that they don't need and would like to donate?

It'd only be used for people to contact us on event days and would
free us from having to give out our own phone numbers.

Thanks

Ant

Michael Nicholls

Jul 16, 2009, 5:17:47 AM7/16/09
to Birmingham Hack Space
Hey Ant,

I have a couple of Vodafone pay as you go SIM cards lying around and
am happy to donate one for the cause.

You just need to remind me to bring it to the next meeting as I will
forget :-(

Mike

charlie pinder

Jul 16, 2009, 5:30:57 AM7/16/09
to birmingham...@googlegroups.com
I've got a crap old phone I can donate too, just need to lay my hands on the charger and it's fizzPOP's.

Jonty Wareing

Jul 16, 2009, 5:48:44 AM7/16/09
to birmingham...@googlegroups.com
I demand it be called the FizzPhone!

Good idea though, I've been giving out my own number, which I was never entirely happy about...

--jonty

Michael Nicholls

Jul 16, 2009, 6:30:27 AM7/16/09
to Birmingham Hack Space
The FizzPhone! I like it. Also it gives me an idea.

Depending what type of phone it is, we should crack it open and wire
endless red led's round it so that it glows red when it rings, just
like the bat phone ;-)

Mike

On Jul 16, 10:48 am, Jonty Wareing <jo...@jonty.co.uk> wrote:
> I demand it be called the FizzPhone!
>
> Good idea though, I've been giving out my own number, which I was never entirely happy about...
>
> --jonty

Martin Meredith

Jul 16, 2009, 7:05:11 AM7/16/09
to birmingham...@googlegroups.com
I have a dodgy old phone and charger somewhere... Though IIRC it was actually a
USB charger.

I've also got a couple of o2 Sims hanging round somewhere.

I do like Jonty's idea about the "FizzPhone" though.

Would it not be a potential idea to have the fizzphone be a VOIP phone? or
similar? then at least, we can give them a Local number to ring :D

Regards,
Martin "Mez" Meredith

signature.asc

Antonio Roberts

Jul 16, 2009, 10:24:50 AM7/16/09
to birmingham...@googlegroups.com
yay for fizzPhone!

> Would it not be a potential idea to have the fizzphone be a VOIP phone? or
> similar? then at least, we can give them a Local number to ring :D

If you know anyone with a spare one going around we'd be glad to have it!

As an aside, if anyone does have a phone would they be able to get it
to me before the next hack session? I work just around the corner from
the venue so will more than likely be there early so can answer any
calls then. From then on we can just leave the phone there.

Ant

2009/7/16 Martin Meredith <m...@ubuntu.com>:
> I have a dodgy old phone and charger somewhere... Though IIRC it was actually a
> USB charger.
>
> I've also got a couple of o2 Sims hanging round somewhere.
>
> I do like Jonty's idea about the "FizzPhone" though.
>
> Would it not be a potential idea to have the fizzphone be a VOIP phone? or
> similar? then at least, we can give them a Local number to ring :D
>
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 05:25:31PM -0700, hellocatfood wrote:
>>
>> I think it's time we have a phone number for people to call if they
>> get lost trying to find the fizzPOP venue. This happened at tonights
>> session and we only found out about it via twitter two hours later.
>>
>> Does anyone have a pay-as-you-go sim card and possibly even an old
>> phone (plus charger) that they don't need and would like to donate?
>>
>> It'd only be used for people to contact us on event days and would
>> free us from having to give out our own phone numbers.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ant
>> >>

> --
> Regards,
> Martin "Mez" Meredith

Martin Meredith

Jul 17, 2009, 5:03:06 AM7/17/09
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 03:24:50PM +0100, Antonio Roberts wrote:

> yay for fizzPhone!

Or should that be TelePOP?

Regards,
Martin "Mez" Meredith