Bloggers and Authors needed

Radhouane

Aug 29, 2011, 3:15:48 PM8/29/11
to biostar-central
Hello everybody,

I am in my way to build an editorial team in order to get published in
a bioinformatics related journal, I welcome interested and creative
bloggers to join our community, who can write about bioinformatics and
related topics by maintaining high quality and avoiding plagiarism.

As a complementary service to BioStar, we will be focusing on Articles
and Source codes.

Please sign up and contact us if you would like us to consider you as
a guest blogger and author.

Writer Exposure

We shall give a full author biography block for the blogger at the
bottom of your contribution, remember that your articles will be
exposed to a big community and you are going to build your reputation
in the field and you have to be knowledgable about what you are
writing to respond to community's comments and opinions.

After you sign up, a subscriber account gets created. Once your
candidature is accepted, we will upgrade it to a author account. This
means that once your post is approved it will get published.

Rules & Guidelines

Once you start contributing to biocoders as a blogger, there are some
things you might need to know:

We shall never edit or modify your article; it can either be approved
or not. We will communicate to you accordingly. In some cases we might
resend it to you for revision, but no editing from our end would take
place.

Content of the article have to be original, and should not be taken
from anywhere else, even in your own blog/site before and after it is
published in biocoders.net

Plagiarism will not be tolerated.

Articles must be around 200-600 words in length (though 100 is allowed
for breaking news).

No affiliate codes or referral links are tolerated within your
articles.

Looking forward to count you in our Authors Team

Cheers

PS : Please browse the website and keep me informed about things/
features you want to see here and there.

Frederic FLECHE

Aug 29, 2011, 3:47:44 PM8/29/11
to biostar...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I just visited your website and by curiosity went to the job related
webpage and got a popup kind of force me to share your website or get
stuck during 30 seconds "Tell Your Friends About Us, Spread The Word
and Enjoy Our Network, One Time Click And You're Done". I was upset
about this manner to force people to do something they don't want so I
quit.

When you like a website you tell your friend our community naturally.
I liked so much Biostar that I closed the Bioinformatics forum I was
administrated explaining why to the current member and also wrote a
little article about Biostar in my little website.

One question : Why are you kind of forcing people to share link to your website
Very strange and not very friendly behaviour (my own opinion)

Regards,

Fred

Radhouane Aniba

Aug 29, 2011, 3:54:20 PM8/29/11
to biostar...@googlegroups.com
Fred,

You are all right,

We were experiencing several modules on the website and forgot to remove this one ( I dont see it because it is cookies related and I always shared the information on twitter that's why I don't see it using my laptop)

Problem fixed, so now you are no more forced to like us :)

Merci for letting us know

Rad

2011/8/29 Frederic FLECHE <frederi...@gmail.com>

--
Radhouane Aniba
Bioinformatics Postdoctoral Research Scientist

neilfws

Aug 30, 2011, 10:44:18 PM8/30/11
to biostar...@googlegroups.com
I don't think your post is appropriate for this group, which was set up for discussion about issues arising from the BioStar website.

I appreciate that people are keen to promote their websites, but there is a thin line between promotion and spam.

Neil

Radhouane Aniba

Aug 30, 2011, 11:28:14 PM8/30/11
to biostar...@googlegroups.com