Re: Abridged summary of bio-phylo@googlegroups.com - 3 Messages in 2 Topics

László Nagy

Sep 24, 2012, 3:59:02 PM9/24/12
to bio-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rutger,

thanks for the hint with the insert() function. I figured I will have to use the create_character function to create a new character object, fill it up with the states for each taxa and then insert it into a matrix. So the problem is that I cant seem to find how I can put my data into a character object. I currently have them in a hash (taxonname x charstate).

Thanks in advance!
Laszlo

2012/9/13 <bio-...@googlegroups.com>

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/bio-phylo/topics

    "László Nagy" <cortina...@gmail.com> Sep 13 11:28AM -0400

    Hi All,

    I am trying to midpoint root raxml trees. After getting the midpoint, I
    reroot the trees using set_root_node. However, the rerooted tree contains
    only the subtree of the original tree ...more
    "László Nagy" <cortina...@gmail.com> Sep 12 02:02PM -0400

    Hi Rutger,

    thanks, but I still cant find how to add characters. I might have not
    noticed something very basic. Is there something like add_new_character, or
    a method to add new entry to the ...more
    Rutger Vos <rutge...@gmail.com> Sep 13 09:31AM +0100

    Hi László,

    if you add a matrix row that is longer than the current nchar, more
    characters will be added. If you want to add characters by hand, you
    can do something like:

    my $chars = ...more

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group bio-phylo.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.