Sakai BigBlueButton integration

Nuno Fernandes

May 26, 2010, 5:13:13 AM5/26/10
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com, Adrian Fish
Hi everyone,

We (Nuno Fernandes & Adrian Fish) are pleased to announce the first release of the Sakai BigBlueButton tool (1.0). The tool integrates a Sakai instance with a BigBlueButton server, allowing Sakai users to easily create, manage and join BigBlueButton meetings from a Sakai worksite.

Main Features:
  • Control meetings - create/edit/update/delete BBB meetings from Sakai.
  • Meeting access - define meeting access by selecting all users, groups, roles or individual users in site.
  • Tool access - define who can do what on the Sakai tool.
  • Scheduling - optionally, define meeting start dates and/or end dates and add it to site Calendar.
  • Notification - optionally, send an email notification to meeting participants.
  • Simplicity - the user interface is designed to be simple.
  • Fast - the Ajax driven interface (Javascript + JSON + Trimpath templates) provides good end-user experience and low server load.
  • RESTful - full RESTful support via EntityBroker.
  • Statistics - the tool logs information automatically processed by the Site Stats tool.

About BigBlueButton:
BigBlueButton is an open source project that is built on over fourteen open source components to create an integrated web conferencing system that runs on mac, unix, or PC computers. More information available at http://www.bigbluebutton.org

About Sakai:
Designed by educators for educators, Sakai is an enterprise teaching, learning and academic collaboration platform that best meets the needs of today's learners, instructors and researchers. More information at http://sakaiproject.org

More information:
Screenshots, installation, release and configuration information is available at http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BBB

Best regards,
Nuno Fernandes

--
Nuno Fernandes  .  { Analyst/Programmer }

|| web  . { http://www.ufp.pt  |  http://tinyurl.com/nfgrilo  |  follow_me @ nfgrilo }
|| work . { Universidade Fernando Pessoa  |  Praça 9 de Abril, 349  |  4249-004 Porto }

Fred Dixon

May 26, 2010, 6:04:42 AM5/26/10
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nuno and Adrian,

Wow!  It was great to chat with you both a few weeks ago, and even better to see this formal announcement.

A few members of the BigBlueButton core development team will be attending the Sakai User Conference in Denver in a mid-June (see http://sakaiproject.org/static/conference-2010.htm).  At the conference we will be demonstrating this integration along with the upcoming features of BigBlueButton 0.7.

On behalf of the BigBlueButton community I want to give a big THANKS to you and Adrian for this contribution of a first-class Sakai/BigBlueButton integration.

Regards,... Fred

Nuno Fernandes

May 26, 2010, 6:38:27 AM5/26/10
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred,

The pleasure is all ours :)

I won't be at the Denver conference so, if you have any questions regarding the tool or need any kind of assistance, please just let me know!

Thank you,
Nuno