BigBlueButtonBN - Alternatename vice Fullname

GiZAX

Aug 25, 2016, 3:51:58 PM8/25/16
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi,

I'm trying to configure the Moodle plugin for BBB. It works great. But I have a little question.
On my Moodle site, I use student id's as Alternate Names and I configured Moodle to display it only, so that other students do not see the real names, but only student ids. I made this through the "fullnamedisplay" and "alternativefullnameformat" fields.

The problem is that BBB does not recognize this and it displays full names. Is there any solution to this or should I simply enter their id's in the name fields ?

Thanks !

Fred Dixon

Aug 28, 2016, 5:31:28 PM8/28/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi GiZAX.

Are you a developer?  You can modify the BigBlueButtonBN plugin to do the same.  I took a quick look ... here's the call to have the user join the session

Which uses $bbbsession['username'] for the fullName in the 'join' API Call.  You can find it set here

Regards,... Fred

BigBlueButton Developer
@bigbluebutton

GiZAX

Aug 29, 2016, 3:06:26 AM8/29/16
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi Fred,

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately I'm not a developper.

I thought it would be enough to change a parameter in a config file or something like that. So I think I will use the other method : changing the name of the student by his ID.

One last question : When I enter a name for the course in the BBB plugin interface on Moodle, this name does not appear on the records list of my BBB server. I just have a name that contains numbers and letters. Is this normal ?
The only way I can find the good recording is to write a description in the BBB plugin interface on Moodle, and there when I list the records with --withDesc I can see the description.

Regards,

GiZAX

Fred Dixon

Aug 29, 2016, 7:02:43 AM8/29/16
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi GiZAX,

> When I enter a name for the course in the BBB plugin interface on Moodle, this name does not appear on the records list of my BBB server. I just have a name that contains numbers and letters. Is this normal ?

I think you are referring to

   bbb-record --list

The above is a developer tool to help monitor the recording processing, so 'yes', this is normal.  The BigBlueButtonBN plugin should show you the list of recordings for each activity link.  What version of BigBlueButtonBN are you running?

Regards,... Fred

GiZAX

Aug 29, 2016, 12:16:20 PM8/29/16
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Hi Fred,

Actually I was referring to bbb-record --watch --withDesc. I use it when I want to delete a specific record. I determine the record on this page with the Description and I use bbd-record --delete with the good Meeting ID. But as I said, if I have not wrote a description it can be hard to determine the good record. I have tried to delete the record from BigBlueButtonBN but it only delete the access but the record is still present on the server.

I'm using the 2.1.1 version of BigBlueButtonBN.

Regards,

GiZAX
To post to this group, send email to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com.