Welcome to Nginx!

Alexandros Papargyris

Jun 8, 2010, 3:44:54 PM6/8/10
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Error at Lan
 I do bbb-conf -c and get:

/var/www/bigbluebutton/client/conf/config.xml (bbb-client)
               IP for tunnel check: eu-cec.dyndns.tv
               IP for rtmp (red5): eu-cec.dyndns.tv
        host for bbb-web interface: eu-cec.dyndns.tv

/etc/nginx/sites-available/bigbluebutton (configuration file nginx)
                       server_name: eu-cec.dyndns.tv
                              port: 80
              client document root: /var/www/bigbluebutton

/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/bigbluebutton/WEB-INF/classes/bigbluebutton.properties (bbb-web)

/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/bigbluebutton/demo/bbb_api_conf.jsp (API demos)

/etc/asterisk/bbb_extensions.conf ((asterisk)
conference module: konference

/usr/local/bin/bbb-conf: line 595: [: !=:unrary operator expected
Host IPdoes not match BigBlueButton: 192.168.1.8 != eu-cec.dyndns.tv

Whenever I type from the lan 192.168.1.8 I got the message "WELCOME TO INGINX"
And if I use the host name - (which contains modems IP) I prompt to the modem login form..
I would like to see a reply, I have made another post earlier the day, please alert me...

Denis Zgonjanin

Jun 8, 2010, 3:52:52 PM6/8/10
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexandros,

Did you try doing bbb-conf setip eu-cec.dyndns.tv
?

Denis Zgonjanin

Jun 8, 2010, 3:54:52 PM6/8/10
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry, you did try it, I just saw your previous post. I'm not sure what it could be but I'll try to ask someone to take a look at the previous post and see if they can help you

Richard Alam

Jun 8, 2010, 3:55:40 PM6/8/10
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
It seems you need to configure your modem or DNS server.

Or figure out in the nginx docs to make nginx serve/listen on
eu-cec.dyndns.tv and 192.168.1.8

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Alexandros Papargyris
<a.papa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> --

---
BigBlueButton
http://www.bigbluebutton.org
http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton

Alexandros Papargyris

Jun 9, 2010, 11:28:52 AM6/9/10
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Guys, I have the same problem...just at this time whenever I press http://eu-cec.dyndns.tv or modem IP even from the LAN or Wlan it prompts me at Modem settings...
I believe that I have to set it from the BBB Virtual Machine. Any help?

Fred Dixon

Jun 9, 2010, 12:32:37 PM6/9/10
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexandros,

Have you run bbb-conf --setip on your internal BigBlueButton server?

Here's the excerpt from the FAQ
http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/wiki/FAQ#Can_I_provide_external_access_to_a_BigBlueButton_server_behind_m

Next, tell BigBlueButton it's external IP address or hostname,
whichever you are using to enable users to access BigBlueButton from
outside the firewall. Do this using the bbb-conf command.

bbb-conf --setip <ip_or_hostname>

If you are using an external hostname, you will need to setup the
/etc/hosts file on the BigBlueButton server to know about that name.
For example, if your BigBlueButton server has the internal IP address
of 19.168.0.10 and your firewall has a fully qualified hostname of
host.domain.org, add the following line to /etc/hosts.

192.168.1.10 host.domain.org

Try that and let us know if it helps.

Regards,... Fred

Alexandros Papargyris

Jun 9, 2010, 1:00:23 PM6/9/10
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
I have tried the bbb-conf --setip eu-cec.dyndns.tv Done
the line /etc/hosts came up with this error message
-bash: /etc/hosts: Permission denied

and I keep having this
>> > /usr/local/bin/bbb-conf: line 595: [: !=:unrary operator expected
>> > Host IPdoes not match BigBlueButton: 192.168.1.8 != eu-cec.dyndns.tv

Any Idea?

Sebastian Schneider

Jun 9, 2010, 1:12:48 PM6/9/10
On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Alexandros Papargyris <a.papa...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have tried the bbb-conf --setip eu-cec.dyndns.tv Done
the line /etc/hosts came up with this error message
-bash: /etc/hosts: Permission denied

If you get "Permission denied" than you try to access a file without have the permissions to access it. Means you have to use sudo to access this file. Try to run: sudo bbb-conf --setip eu-cec.dyndns.tv

Alexandros Papargyris

Jun 9, 2010, 1:26:12 PM6/9/10
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
I tried that one and I ve got the following error:

When I tried it from the LAN --------->

Object Not Found

The requested URL '/bigbluebutton/demo/demo1.jsp' was not found on the RomPager server.

Return to last page

When I tried it from the WLan it prompts me into the Authentication Requirments of the MOdem asking for user and pass to log in the modem...:/

Fred Dixon

Jun 9, 2010, 1:49:51 PM6/9/10
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexandros,

Once you change the hostname on BigBlueButton, you need to use that
hostname to access it going forward. You should be able to access it
from within and outside your network.

If you are getting file not found, it means that nginx isn't matching
the incoming request and routing it to tomcat. Instead, it's treating
it as standard request and looking in
/var/www/bigbluebutton/demo/demo1.jsp and not finding the file.

As for the password request -- that's not a BigBlueButton question.
We can't help you there.

Regards,... Fred

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Alexandros Papargyris

Alexandros Papargyris

Jun 9, 2010, 4:22:03 PM6/9/10
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply, I would like to present every alert that I get from the LAN and WLAN.

Working from the Lan by giving this url: http://eu-cec.dyndns.tv/   The page is opened - please see image 1.jpg (attached file)
After giving my name and clicking Join - This error comes out again, and I don't know how to prevent that. - please see image 2.jpg (attached file)
* Fred, I see that you have mentioned it before, but I didn't get it

Working from the Lan by giving this ip: 192.168.1.5 The page is opened - same as image 1.jpg (attached file)
After giving my name and clicking Join - This error comes out.. - please see image 3.jpg (attached file)

Working from the Lan by giving the modem IP: 195.167.xxx.XXX - I have no problem I am connected to the modem Authentication and Configuration System.
================================================================================================================
Working from the WLan by giving this url: http://eu-cec.dyndns.tv/   The page is opened - same as image 1.jpg (attached file)
After giving my name and clicking Join - This is what happens - please see image 4.1.jpg  4.2.jpg & 4.3.jpg(attached file)

Now, moving up to the top left corner there is a HOME button link! - please see image 5.jpg (attached file)
By clicking that Home it prompts me to the Login Page of BigBlueButton - please see image 6.jpg (attached file)
To Sign in I follow the Instruction as it says User:Ad...@test.com Pass:admin and prompts me at this page - please see image 7.jpg (attached file)
Then I click on the Default Conference and shows the conference and then at the Schedule Sessions I click on display - please see image 8.jpg -9.jpg (attached files)

I copy and paste that link: http://eu-cec.dyndns.tv/bigbluebutton/conference-session/joinIn/85115 to the browser and then I type name and pass to sing in - please see image 10.jpg (attached file)
Downloading the BigBlueButton and I am in as a Moderator with my name. Ok,I believe that, this is worked but not properly.

Working from WLan when I typed modems IP : 195.167.xxx.XXX I got this alert - "Welcome to nginx!'

I have already reinstall BBB, and waiting for some tips about these alerts. Please I would like to hear your opinions and hope to get some good feedback.
P.S. (Sorry for the attached files, but I wanted to make my self more clear than ever...)

Regards,
Alexandros Papargyris
362.gif
1.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.1.jpg
4.2.jpg
4.3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Alexandros Papargyris

Jun 14, 2010, 6:27:48 AM6/14/10
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Anybody for help, I am still stucked with that! :(

362.gif
1.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.1.jpg
4.2.jpg
4.3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Fred Dixon

Jun 14, 2010, 9:19:55 AM6/14/10
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexandros,

Your error in 4.1 suggests that bbb_api_conf.jsp isn't configured correctly.  |If you look in the source for bbb_api.jsp (which includes bbb_api_conf.jsp) around line 172

You'll see

try {
// Attempt to create a meeting using meetingID
String xml = getURL(base_url_create + create_parameters + "&checksum=" + checksum("create" + create_parameters + salt) );
doc = parseXml(xml); /* here */
} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

The excdeption is thrown by the line marked /* here */.  Can you put some print statements in your bbb_api.jsp and see what the parameter for getURL() looks like.  I suspect it's a URL that is not returning any XML, hence the parseXml() throwing the error.

Regards,... Fred

362.gif