Meetme in .70, is it tested and supported?

HostBBB.com

Jul 30, 2010, 3:03:01 PM7/30/10
to BigBlueButton-Setup
tried switching from konfernece to meetme with bbb-conf with .70
restarted server and tried.

I hear the asterisk voice "joining conf" but never show up in audio
window. debug shows asterisk is running, but getting socket errors
in logs.

Before i spend to much time, wanted to make sure meetme is being used
by others and being tested as part of the ongoing releases.

i have asterisk zaptel card in server, and customer wanted to try
large audio conf (50 users) using meetme instead of conference..

Any insight into running large conferences 50+ users, with 1 speaker.
What works best?

Customer is trying to displace Webex, and Gotowebinar.

thanks
Stephen
hostbbb.com

Richard Alam

Jul 30, 2010, 3:13:16 PM7/30/10
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

Yes, we use meetme in demo.bigbluebutton.org.

what does bbb-conf -c return? Perhaps there's some config that wasn't
changed to meetme.

Richard

> --

---
BigBlueButton
http://www.bigbluebutton.org
http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton

belpatca

Jul 30, 2010, 3:24:15 PM7/30/10
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
I have been using meetme with 0.7 on 64-bit centos 5.5, mostly because because I could not find a compiled konference that worked.
I don't have a zaptel card and had to mess around with dahdi to get it to work, but it has been working fine ever since.

thanks
Stephen
hostbbb.com

Jeremy Thomerson

Jul 30, 2010, 3:51:54 PM7/30/10

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 2:03 PM, HostBBB.com <sd...@207me.com> wrote:
tried switching from konfernece to meetme with bbb-conf with .70
restarted server and tried.

I hear the asterisk voice "joining conf" but never show up in audio
window.    debug shows asterisk is running, but getting socket errors
in logs.

Before i spend to much time, wanted to make sure meetme is being used
by others and being tested as part of the ongoing releases.

i have asterisk zaptel card in server, and customer wanted to try
large audio conf (50 users) using meetme instead of conference..

Any insight into running large conferences 50+ users, with 1 speaker.
What works best?

AppKonference (or, our clone of it, which is actually AsteriskAudioKonf) allows you to host more audio conferencing on a single server than you can get with MeetMe.  We host over 40 million minutes per month of audio conferencing, and were able to reduce the number of servers we needed drastically after changing from MeetMe to AppKonference.

Plus, it eliminates the need for a hardware timing device like MeetMe needs.  (On large scale conferencing, you really need that hardware timer with MeetMe - ztdummy doesn't scale well enough for it)

Jeremy Thomerson
Generic Conferencing, LLC

HostBBB.com

Aug 2, 2010, 7:36:20 AM8/2/10
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Jeremy, thanks for insight. I have asterisk cards in a few of the
servers, was going to see if meetme had any quality, or latency
improvements. Do you think there is any noticable difference in voice
quality? If not i'll just stick with konference.

Also, with 60-80 users, would you put asterisk on a separate server?

As for the errors tryigt to get meetme to work, here the intial
asterisk voice when joining but crashes.

---debug ERROR o.b.v.red5.media.RtpStreamSender -
java.net.SocketException: Socket is closed

asterisk -rvvvvvvvvv
Executing [71200@bbb-voip:2] MeetMe("SIP/bbbuser-0897f388", "71200|
cdMsT") in new stack
[Aug 2 07:14:44] WARNING[26936]: app_meetme.c:774 build_conf: Unable
to open pseudo device
-- <SIP/bbbuser-0897f388> Playing 'conf-invalid' (language 'en')
== Spawn extension (bbb-voip, 71200, 2) exited non-zero on 'SIP/
bbbuser-0897f388'

thanks,
Stephen

On Jul 30, 3:51 pm, Jeremy Thomerson <jer...@thomersonfamily.com>
wrote:
> Generic Conferencing, LLC- Hide quoted text -

Richard Alam

Aug 2, 2010, 3:15:43 PM8/2/10
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
This means dahdi or ztdummy wasn't installed or there was a problem with it.