BBB setup on Ubuntu 10.10 64bit server

dmantz7

Mar 17, 2011, 11:00:05 PM3/17/11
to BigBlueButton-Setup
In setting up a new VMware server I have created a virtual machine to
host Ubuntu 10.10 64bit server for running BBB. In the process of
setting up BBB on the server, as stipulated on
http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/wiki/InstallationUbuntu Step #2
for Voice Conference Server it fails. The failure happens on the last
step sudo apt-get install bbb-freeswitch-config. The following
message is displayed regarding unmet dependencies:
bbb-freeswitch-config: Depends: freeswitch-sounds-en-us-callie-8000
but it is not installable
Depends: freeswitch-sounds-
music-16000 but it is not installable
Depends: freeswitch-sounds-en-us-
callie-16000 but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

Then after completing the remaining steps and running sudo bbb-conf --
clean and sudo bbb-conf --check, it says I am unable to connect to
port 1935 (RTMP) and 9123 (desktop sharing).

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated since my teachers enjoy
using BBB as well as several other districts I have demonstrated the
resource to during conferences.

Fred Dixon

Mar 17, 2011, 11:52:03 PM3/17/11
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi dmantz7,

We only test and support BigBlueButton on Ubuntu 10.04 32-bit or 64-bit. See

http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/issues/detail?id=876

Is it an option to install on Ubuntu 10.04?

Regards,... Fred

Dean Mantz

Mar 18, 2011, 12:00:58 AM3/18/11
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
That is fine. I can delete that server and do a new install. I will see if I can find the supported version download for 64 bit

Sent from Dean Mantz's iPod Touch.

Dean Mantz

Mar 19, 2011, 11:09:28 PM3/19/11
to bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Fred,

I have installed the 10.04 64bit server but the same error messages as listed prior on the 10.10 version is happening.  Suggestions?

Dean Mantz
Family man, Discovery STAR DEN & KS LC, LoTi and Intel Mentor.

dmantz7

Mar 23, 2011, 11:29:37 AM3/23/11
to BigBlueButton-Setup
Fred,

I do have an external IP address you can use in checking out the
virtual Ubuntu server and see why freeswitch will not install
correctly. Let me know which e-mail address you would prefer to have
IP address sent to for external review. Thanks for your help!

On Mar 19, 10:09 pm, Dean Mantz <baseballbats.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fred,
>
> I have installed the 10.04 64bit server but the same error messages as
> listed prior on the 10.10 version is happening.  Suggestions?
>
> Dean Mantz
> Family man, Discovery STAR DEN & KS LC, LoTi and Intel Mentor.
>
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Dean Mantz <baseballbats.d...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > That is fine.  I can delete that server and do a new install.  I will see
> > if I can find the supported version download for 64 bit
>
> > Sent from Dean Mantz's iPod Touch.
>
> > On Mar 17, 2011, at 10:52 PM, Fred Dixon <ffdi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi dmantz7,
>
> > > We only test and support BigBlueButton on Ubuntu 10.04 32-bit or 64-bit.
> >    See
>
> > >  http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/issues/detail?id=876
>
> > > Is it an option to install on Ubuntu 10.04?
>
> > > Regards,... Fred

dmantz7

Mar 23, 2011, 9:49:36 PM3/23/11
to BigBlueButton-Setup
I would like to express my deepest gratitude to Fred and those
responsible for BBB. I have used BBB on a windows server in the past
as an in-house beta environment. When I went to use it this last
summer for a conference presentation the server had crashed. Fred
assisted me by allowing access to his testing server. After that
presenation I rebuilt my windows server and had an Moodle integration
issue. At that point, I was assisted by another excellent community
member. A cool thing with their assistance was we used the desktop
share in BBB permitting them to watch what I was doing and directed me
down the appropriate path.

Now, in setting up a brand new server using Vsphere to host 9 servers
I decided to go with Ubuntu for hosting the new BBB setup. Well, not
being familiar with the OS I ran into a couple problems. In assisting
me, Fred remoted into my Ubuntu server found the issues and had me up
and running within 15 minutes....as advertised! Therefore, if you are
having folks question you why BBB and what type of support will be
provided they will be quite pleased to know I would place Fred and the
BBB family up against any franchise in the business!!