recording and playback (current state)

markos calderon

Jul 12, 2010, 10:49:18 AM7/12/10
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi everyone,

Right now, I have something visible working about recording and
playback feature. You can check the following video in which show a
little how it works by the moment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNUyLnLHtE4

I'm so sorry for the quality, I had to reduce the resolution of the
video because at the beginning it was very large. Next time, I will
improve the quality =)

So, how it works?
the first app is an example of sending "events", these are events that
happen in a conference (a BBB conference)... these events are received
by a second app which will be listining all the events and store these
in a database, then another app will create a manifest file which has
all the events. This manifest file can be in xml or json. Finally, a
client (playback-client) will request this manifest file and start to
recreate the conference...

the playback right now as you can see only display the chat module and
a history module in which shows how every event is fired.

Mr Mookie

Jul 12, 2010, 7:35:12 PM7/12/10
to BigBlueButton-dev
Great news.. looking good.

Pedro Renan

Jul 13, 2010, 10:08:58 AM7/13/10
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Great Job.
Pedro Renan -  (63) 8468-6013
qu4troC - (63) 3216-1430
Coordenação Joomla!TO

jiramot numnam

Jul 13, 2010, 10:13:13 AM7/13/10
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
How to sync between video, voice, and other module?

--
Best regards
Jiramot Numnam

Fred Dixon

Jul 13, 2010, 11:21:53 AM7/13/10
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jiramot,

> How to sync between video, voice, and other module?

We're working on it. :-) Please take Markos's post as early days.
The record and playback touches so many parts of BigBlueButton that
this is not a small undertaking.

We'll keep everyone posted with updates to this mailing list.

Regards,... Fred

jiramot numnam

Jul 13, 2010, 12:02:01 PM7/13/10
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

When two years ago, I had to record conference by separate recorded
module ,ex voice, video, and event that appear in conference.
And when playback i try to sync anything and inject event and stream
back to my application.
But my project is java application not using flex and red5 like this project.

I want to share a little idea how i make a conference recorder.^^

Thank in advance for this module, i think many people want this module.

JIRAMOT

Richard Alam

Jul 13, 2010, 12:40:06 PM7/13/10
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes..please feel free to share ideas and provide feedback/suggestions
on how to do record and playback.

Richard

--
---
BigBlueButton

markos calderon

Jul 13, 2010, 1:04:08 PM7/13/10
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi jiratmo,

yes, I would like to hear about your ideas and suggestions for recording and playback too. Certainly, all ideas are welcome in order to improve the development.

Thanks,
- Markos
- Markos

It's not what you know, it's what you can learn...

Pablo Sotomayor

Jul 14, 2010, 3:57:54 AM7/14/10
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Nice work markos!

There could be a "recordings manager" on the module, which export the recordings to the sakai meetings page.

Pablo Sotomayor

Jul 14, 2010, 5:20:51 PM7/14/10
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Maybe and iTunesU integration could be possilble, using the playback feature to render/export movie in standard web-video formats like mp4, flv, webm, etc.