BBB - Client

yacine

Jan 9, 2009, 3:39:17 PM1/9/09
to BigBlueButton-dev
I checkout the latest version (0.35r from constants.as) of the client
code from svn and I would like to build the client for BBB.
After setting the path to the Flex SDK in build.properties I ran ant
build but no luck.

Are there other parameters to set somewhere?

Thanks

Richard Alam

Jan 10, 2009, 12:55:53 PM1/10/09
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry, I haven't tried building outside of FlexBuilder so I don't know
what steps to take.

Try downloading FlexBuilder and use that to build.

Richard
--
---
BigBlueButton

Matthew

Jan 14, 2009, 3:31:58 PM1/14/09
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi,

We've built the client in Flex Builder. We zipped and copied the bin
folder and put it into /tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/webapps/client
We modified the modules.xml with the appropriate IPs and we noticed
the following error in the tomcat log on startup. Do we have to do a
special release build?

14-Jan-2009 2:57:24 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive bigbluebutton.war
(org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader).
14-Jan-2009 2:57:25 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
14-Jan-2009 2:57:25 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/bigbluebutton] startup failed due to previous errors
14-Jan-2009 2:57:25 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
loadClass
INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped
already. Could not load edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.Arrays.
The eventual following stack trace is caused by an error thrown for
debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which
caused the illegal access, and has no functional impact.
java.lang.IllegalStateException
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass
(WebappClassLoader.java:1273)
at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass
(WebappClassLoader.java:1233)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:
320)
at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.PriorityQueue.toArray
(PriorityQueue.java:429)
at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.DelayQueue.toArray
(DelayQueue.java:327)
at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor
$DelayedWorkQueue.toArray(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:621)
at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.cancelUnwantedTasks
(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:246)
at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.shutdown
(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:539)
at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.finalize
(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1037)
at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.invokeFinalizeMethod(Native Method)
at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.runFinalizer(Finalizer.java:83)
at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.access$100(Finalizer.java:14)
at java.lang.ref.Finalizer$FinalizerThread.run(Finalizer.java:
160)

Login appears fine, but we get an "IO Error When Uploading File" when
we try to upload a pdf for presenting.

Thanks in advance,
-Matt

On Jan 10, 12:55 pm, "Richard Alam" <ritza...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry, I haven't tried building outside of FlexBuilder so I don't know
> what steps to take.
>
> Try downloading FlexBuilder and use that to build.
>
> Richard

Richard Alam

Jan 14, 2009, 3:44:35 PM1/14/09
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
You don't need to do a special realease build.

I believe the IO error you are getting is due to Flash security
restrictions. You need to put a crossdomain.xml in your tomcat's
webpass/ROOT folder. Put your server's IP/hostname in your
crossdomain.xml.

Google for "crossdomain.xml" to get more info about it.

Here is an example crossdomain.xml file
--
<cross-domain-policy>
<allow-access-from domain="*.carleton.ca"/>

HTH

Richard

Richard Alam

Jan 15, 2009, 8:55:08 AM1/15/09
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
i realized the issue could be that your tomcat server is listening on
a different port that specified in module.conf.

Make sure that the host part of the Presentation module has the port
that tomcat is listening.

<module name="PresentationModule" url="PresentationModule.swf"
uri="rtmp://localhost/presentation"
host="http://localhost[:{tomcat's port}]" />

Matthew

Jan 15, 2009, 10:21:47 AM1/15/09
to BigBlueButton-dev
Thanks for the info. We tried both ideas. Crossdomain.xml and
changing the modules.xml in the client.
We also removed a renamed war file that was one of the tomcat
directories and we have slides uploads working now.
We'll try Asterisk integration shortly. Is it just a matter of
changing the AMI configuration in a handful of files? I noticed
several files that have this info now.

Thanks again!
-Matthew

Richard Alam

Jan 15, 2009, 11:12:54 AM1/15/09
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Yes, change the one in webapps/astmeetme/WEB-INF/astmeetme.properties.
The other place doesn't have any effect.

Matthew

Jan 15, 2009, 6:07:01 PM1/15/09
to BigBlueButton-dev
Great, got it to work. Thank you.