2-USB bifferboard enabling GPIO on JTAG pins

Domenico

Apr 8, 2010, 6:01:30 AM4/8/10
to Bifferboard
Does somebody has already tested if removing R37 and R38 on the 2-USB
bifferboard is really enabling GPIO over JTAG pin out?

Nelson Neves

Apr 26, 2010, 7:16:51 PM4/26/10
to Bifferboard
Hi guys,

any news on getting the extra GPIO pins from JTAG?

Regards,
Nelson.

--
You received this because you are subscribed to the "Bifferboard" Google group - honest!

rolf

Apr 28, 2010, 3:05:32 AM4/28/10
to Bifferboard
Sorry, I don't have news but just another question. Looks like the 2-
USB bifferboard is not being sold any more (not on the bifferos bye-
page). Is it just out of stock or cancelled at all?

Greetings, Rolf

On 27 Apr., 01:16, Nelson Neves <nelson.s.ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> any news on getting the extra GPIO pins from JTAG?

biff...@yahoo.co.uk

Apr 28, 2010, 5:11:21 AM4/28/10
to Bifferboard

We are waiting for stock, which will be due in about two weeks (but
might well be late). We'll be getting 300 units, so that should be
enough for a while.

I should perhaps make it clear that I've no intention of experimenting
with this mod myself, and advise anyone wanting GPIO to use the
single-port version of the board with a hub. This is for a number of
reasons:

1) We started supplying this board because people requested a 2nd USB
port (only).
2) The interconnect is flimsy, making it harder to re-house the dual-
port
in another box, unlike the single-port.
3) The dual-port is less 'Arduino-like' meaning it's not so likely to
replace it in similar sized application.
4) The 2nd USB port can be used for your GPIO application anyhow.

It's certain that anyone getting this working will post here,
In the meantime, I guess you'll just have to wait.

best regards,
Biff.

Nelson Neves

May 1, 2010, 7:18:22 PM5/1/10
to Bifferboard
I confirm that removing R37 and R38 on the 2-USB bifferboard is
enabling GPIO over JTAG pin out, at least tested GPIO11 with success!

Only did some quick tests, I'm short on time to complete a project
with BB, will not have time to make extensive tests!

Regards,
Nelson.

On Apr 28, 10:11 am, "biffe...@yahoo.co.uk" <biffe...@yahoo.co.uk>

Domenico