Re: [BicycleDriving] Abridged summary of bicycledriving@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

judyf...@att.net

Jul 10, 2017, 8:50:39 PM7/10/17
to bicycle...@googlegroups.com
Really. You think we all haven't heard about this already and need you to send more junk mail.

I will now unsubscribe from thos group.

Sent from my not so Smartphone.  Please excuse brief responses and typos.

No need Judy,  I'm going to unsubscribe Neal.  I've asked him repeatedly to not send links without context and commentary explaining relevance to this group repeatedly.

Serge

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 5:50 PM, judyf...@att.net <judyf...@att.net> wrote:
Really. You think we all haven't heard about this already and need you to send more junk mail.

I will now unsubscribe from thos group.

Sent from my not so Smartphone.  Please excuse brief responses and typos.

Jul 10, 2017, 10:08:32 PM7/10/17
to Serge Issakov, judyf...@att.net, bicycle...@googlegroups.com
I urge Serge and Judy to not act.  I don't think anyone should be unsubscribed just for posting a link to an article or junk "study" without comment.  Isn't that censorship?  Aren't members of this list intelligent enough to read material and judge for themselves if it passes the B.S. test?

I understand that it's tedious to see links to "junk" writing, but we're all free to delete posts we don't think are useful.

Junk studies and uninformed opinion pieces should be exposed to the light.  That gives us the opportunity to read them and point out their fatal flaws.  Isn't that the American way?

And it gives Neal and everyone else the opportunity to post links to articles and studies based on facts and evidence as well.

Just my opinion; I want to see everything.

Maggie

Only rule: no personal commentary (please comment about content, not people)

Group website: http://groups.google.com/group/bicycledriving
Discussion archives: http://groups.google.com/group/bicycledriving/topics?hl=en
Glossary: http://groups.google.com/group/bicycledriving/web/glossary
Links: http://groups.google.com/group/bicycledriving/web/links

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BicycleDriving" group.

judyf...@att.net

Jul 10, 2017, 10:52:20 PM7/10/17
to MaggieO, Serge Issakov, bicycle...@googlegroups.com
I was unsubscribing myself maggie.  I dont need junk in my mailbox.

Judy

From: Serge Issakov >
To: "judyf...@att.net" >
Cc: "bicycle...@googlegroups.com" >

Serge Issakov

Jul 10, 2017, 10:52:39 PM7/10/17
to MaggieO, judyf...@att.net, bicycle...@googlegroups.com
My problem is not so much with junk links but the lack of context provided with the link by the poster.  We're all busy.  How about taking a minute to give readers something to go on to decide whether to bother to click?  Is that asking too much?

Neal is on moderation, indefinitely.  I have to approve his posts now before they go through.  I don't see how else to maintain a decent signal to noise ratio on this list.

Serge