Let's argue about... Twitter

1 view

banterboy

Aug 7, 2007, 7:03:03 AM8/7/07
to bickerfest.com
Let's argue about... Twitter

ok.

so THAT's what twitter's all about...

i get it.

what a great gadget.

so subscribe up, peeps:

http://twitter.com/bickerfest

you follow bickerfest, and bickerfest follows you.

keep yourself abreast of breaking bickerfest news.

don't worry, bickerfest won't flood your twitter with rambling
tangents, only the most interesting of bickerfest developments will be
sent along the bickerfest twitter wire services.

OTOH, if you LIKE rambling tangents, feel free to follow my personal
blurbees twitter:

http://twitter.com/blurbees

or my zeroisms twitter:

http://twitter.com/zeroisms

not quite sure how they will differ at this point, but they will
somehow.

i'll think of something.

for instance, the blurbees twitter might "focus" on music and movie
twitters.

and be sure to check out the daily blurbees.com song of the day at:

http://www.blurbees.com

or

http://blurbees.blogspot.com

pretty soon there'll be more of a focus on new emerging original
YouTube Talents there.

anywho, what other interesting gadgets do you think us bickerfest
readers should check out?

oops, i forgot to argue about twitter.

oh well, i'll leave that part to you this round, k?

k.

banterboy

Message has been deleted

aj

Aug 8, 2007, 2:17:40 PM8/8/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 8, 9:32 am, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 7, 4:03 am, banterboy <bickerf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]

> > anywho, what other interesting gadgets do you think us bickerfest
> > readers should check out?
>
> I love my Google personalized homepage.

Oh, so do I. I have a page for different interests. French, art, news,
games, science and weather, web design, and then the homepage with
stuff I want to check right away. And I created composite gadgets
because I was beginning to fill them up with so much stuff I'd have to
scroll too far. I got really carried away, and I don't use it all, of
course. It's just for days when I feel like playing.

> I've put on a gadget that
> shows me any new items in my Gmail and my Google reader. Got my
> bookmarks there, my peeps' personalized thingers (not sure what
> they're called -- those mini-bio doodads that you can change every day
> to show what you're reading, thinking about, etc.),

I made one of those, but I never update it, so I never shared it.
There's only so much one can keep up with.

> lit'ry quote of
> the day, cat of the day, and rotating baby animal photos from Flickr.
> Mucho cool. Also, personalizing Google news is the way to go -- now I
> don't have to see a bunch of boring stories about politics and crap;
> I've set mine to frosting and cats. (And sex and shoes and cake and
> calories.)

I have art pics of the day, places you need to visit before you die,
and various quotes and sayings of the day. One of my pages is Google
news. I found a plug-in/script (?) that allows you to make one whole
tab page and turn it into the Google news page. Then I have a general
news page that holds gadgets of other news services. Not that I spend
much time reading the news, but....well, I try every now and then.
This at least has it right at my fingertips when I'm in the mood.

> > oops, i forgot to argue about twitter.
>
> > oh well, i'll leave that part to you this round, k?
>
> > k.
>

> K. Twitter sucks. It's really annoying. I wanted to get rid of someone
> and it took forever (nothing against that person; she was simply
> Twitting so much that she obliterated everyone else's). I had to block
> her three different times for it to finally "take." Plus it's hard to
> have a convo because of the character limit, so you're reduced to
> talking about what you had for lunch. Blah. The automatic tiny URLs
> are neat though.

I like the badge Twitter has that I put in my sidebar on my blog.
Except, it only shows those whose Twitters aren't private, so I still
need to go check the site.

aj
http://ajartworks.com/blog