Re: Possible Bickerfest Jingle

1 view
Message has been deleted

$Zero

Aug 5, 2007, 4:33:35 PM8/5/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 5, 3:29?pm, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to build the world a blog
> And code it through with zest
> We'll use our wits, get mega-hits
> Let's call it Bickerfest
>
> I'd like to teach the world to spar
> In perfect harmony
> We'll play word games and walk through flames
> Agree to disagree
>
> I'd like to see our posts for once
> All woven in a thread
> We'll write of wrongs and flicks and songs
> So, what's inside your head?
>
> That's the post I write
> Let's all write them today
> Our war of words
> That echoes on
> And never goes away
>
> I'd like to build the world a blog
> And code it through with zest
> We'll use our wits, get mega-hits
> Let's call it Bickerfest
>
> I'd like to teach the world to spar
> In perfect harmony
> We'll play word games and walk through flames
> Agree to disagree

oh man, that was beautiful!

and ficken' hilarious.

an excellent start.

good going, Paula.

so many possibilities.

and i love your selection of such an optimistic ditty.

it provides a great contrast for what most people consider arguing and
bickering to be.

it's even more amusing considering how Coke used the song for their
commercials with the tagline "it's the real thing". pretty funny to so
cleverly toss in reality like that.

nice of you to weave in the potential scary parts of the project so
humously.

so, anyone else got any other possible verses?

We'd like to teach the world to fight
In perfect harmony
We argue brilliantly unlike the rest
We call it Bickerfest

a little clunky, but you get the idea.

substitute any number of words for "brilliantly", it's all i can think
of right now.

it's so arrogantly in-your-face funny.

i started with "nicely", but it seemed too lame, although amusing in
an ironicly optimistic kind of way.

but whatever we choose, that verse can advertisingly serve to kinda
answer Arleen's pearl of a hilarious question:

"Why would they want to come HERE,
specifically, when maybe they're already
comfortable where they are presently arguing?"

anyway, Paula, you're a parody lyric-writing Goddess.

thanks!

and now for the deconstruction part of our program:

the first verse was particularly funny, the way it makes fun of moi,
but we'd have to rewite it a bit for an advertising campaign.

the second verse is a gem as well.

what playful imagery!

and the first part of the third verse probably wouldn't mean much to
anybody outside of mw's megablog discussion, but i LOVE the last two
lines, especially the "so, what's inside your head?".

it's LOL funny.

and cute.

is the fourth verse sung in a different structure than the rest?

it seems out of synch, i'll have to google up a youtube of the song to
jog my memory a bit.

anyway, i can easily see the advertising video which could be made for
this particular idea of Paula's.

great stuff!

bickerfest blurbess

http://bickerfest.blogspot.com
(where a good argument is worth its weight in B$)

$Zero

Aug 5, 2007, 4:44:05 PM8/5/07
to bickerfest.com

get paid to argue? surely, you jest!
no, we call it bickerfest

bickerfest blurbees

Aug 5, 2007, 7:34:50 PM8/5/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 5, 3:29?pm, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to build the world a blog
> And code it through with zest
> We'll use our wits, get mega-hits
> Let's call it Bickerfest
>
> I'd like to teach the world to spar
> In perfect harmony
> We'll play word games and walk through flames
> Agree to disagree

LOL.

that last line is sooo funny.

it's gotta be incorporated into one of the bickerfest marketing
catchphrases somehow.

i'm working on a few versions of it, like:

we strongly but reluctantly agree to disagree

something amusing like that.

or should it be:

we strongly and reluctantly agree to disagree

is there a word that expresses reluctantly more comically intensely?

i can't think of one right now, but there has to be one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgEeNtIDooQ

&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng3XHPdexNM

perhaps we should come up with some sort of parody of a bickerfest
oath.

something that's either totally impossible or amazingly annoying that
one must promise if they wish to become a paid bickerfester.

LOL.

> I'd like to see our posts for once
> All woven in a thread
> We'll write of wrongs and flicks and songs
> So, what's inside your head?
>
> That's the post I write
> Let's all write them today
> Our war of words
> That echoes on
> And never goes away
>
> I'd like to build the world a blog
> And code it through with zest
> We'll use our wits, get mega-hits
> Let's call it Bickerfest
>
> I'd like to teach the world to spar
> In perfect harmony
> We'll play word games and walk through flames
> Agree to disagree

it's all just too funny.

that's how i know that this bickerfest project will be a great
success.

well, that, and my bulging bag of gimmicks.

and because i can devote nearly all of my time to it.

not to mention that i just LOVE the idea of getting paid to
bickerfest, so that helps quite a bit, especially to keep me focused.

banterboy

Aug 5, 2007, 11:25:01 PM8/5/07
to bickerfest.com
here's another song that just occured to me would be sublimely funny
to use as a parody basis for the bickerfest marketing campaign:

sung to: We Can Work it Out

Life is very short...
So there's not much tiiiiiime....
For fussing and fighting my friends...

I have always thought...
That it's a criiiiiime...

So I will ask you once again...

Try to see it my way...

etc.

hey, i didn't even change the lyrics that much.

the humor is built right in.

do you think Yoko and Paul would make a fuss if we used it?

LOL

anyway, back to the bickerfest grind for moi.

i couldn't resist posting that because i found myself laughing while
singing it outloud as i walked from the bathroom back to the computer
room.

banterboy

http://klipt.com/bickerfest

banterboy

Aug 5, 2007, 11:28:53 PM8/5/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 5, 11:25�pm, banterboy <bickerf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> here's another song that just occured to me would be sublimely funny
> to use as a parody basis for the bickerfest marketing campaign:
>
> sung to: We Can Work it Out
>
>   Life is very short...
>   So there's not much tiiiiiime....
>   For fussing and fighting my friends...
>
>   I have always thought...
>   That it's a criiiiiime...
>
>   So I will ask you once again...
>
>   Try to see it my way...

Do i have to keep on blah blah blah

(forgot the rest of the lyrics)

We can bicker it out
We can bicker it out

or

bickerfest it out
bickerfest it out

or

We can bickerfest it out
We can bickerfest it out

blurbees

Aug 5, 2007, 11:44:47 PM8/5/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 5, 11:28�pm, banterboy <bickerf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 5, 11:25 pm, banterboy <bickerf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > here's another song that just occured to me would be sublimely funny
> > to use as a parody basis for the bickerfest marketing campaign:
>
> > sung to: We Can Work it Out
>
> > Life is very short...
> > So there's not much tiiiiiime....
> > For fussing and fighting my friends...
>
> > I have always thought...
> > That it's a criiiiiime...
>
> > So I will ask you once again...
>
> > Try to see it my way...
>
>   Do i have to keep on blah blah blah
>
> (forgot the rest of the lyrics)
>
>   We can bicker it out
>   We can bicker it out
>
> or
>
>   bickerfest it out
>   bickerfest it out
>
> or
>
>   We can bickerfest it out
>   We can bickerfest it out

while signing on as blurbees, i just thought of this variation:

We can bickerfest
We can bickerfest

which i think works pretty good for that refrain thinger in the song.

anyway, i gotta go now, or i'll miss my daily midnight deadline for
posting the new blurbees song of the day.

i haven't even picked one out for Monday yet, so... i'm really in a
rush here.

aj

Aug 6, 2007, 1:16:40 AM8/6/07
to bickerfest.com

On Aug 5, 11:44 pm, blurbees <blurb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 5, 11:28?pm, banterboy <bickerf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 5, 11:25 pm, banterboy <bickerf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > here's another song that just occured to me would be sublimely funny
> > > to use as a parody basis for the bickerfest marketing campaign:
>
> > > sung to: We Can Work it Out
>
> > > Life is very short...
> > > So there's not much tiiiiiime....
> > > For fussing and fighting my friends...
>
> > > I have always thought...
> > > That it's a criiiiiime...
>
> > > So I will ask you once again...
>
> > > Try to see it my way...
>

> > ? Do i have to keep on blah blah blah

> > (forgot the rest of the lyrics)
>

> > ? We can bicker it out
> > ? We can bicker it out
>
> > or
>
> > ? bickerfest it out
> > ? bickerfest it out
>
> > or
>
> > ? We can bickerfest it out
> > ? We can bickerfest it out

> while signing on as blurbees, i just thought of this variation:
>
> We can bickerfest
> We can bickerfest
>
> which i think works pretty good for that refrain thinger in the song.
>
> anyway, i gotta go now, or i'll miss my daily midnight deadline for
> posting the new blurbees song of the day.
>
> i haven't even picked one out for Monday yet, so... i'm really in a
> rush here.
>
> > > etc.
>
> > > hey, i didn't even change the lyrics that much.
>
> > > the humor is built right in.
>
> > > do you think Yoko and Paul would make a fuss if we used it?
>
> > > LOL
>
> > > anyway, back to the bickerfest grind for moi.
>
> > > i couldn't resist posting that because i found myself laughing while
> > > singing it outloud as i walked from the bathroom back to the computer
> > > room.

Jeez, I feel like I'm raining on the parade tonight, only commenting
in the negative, but are these songs in the public domain?

blurbees

Aug 6, 2007, 1:37:53 AM8/6/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 6, 1:16�am, aj <arlee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 5, 11:44 pm, blurbees <blurb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Do i have to keep on blah blah blah
>
> > > (forgot the rest of the lyrics)
>
> > > We can bicker it out
> > > We can bicker it out
>
> > > or
>
> > > bickerfest it out
> > > bickerfest it out
>
> > > or
>
> > > We can bickerfest it out
> > > We can bickerfest it out
>
> > while signing on as blurbees, i just thought of this variation:
>
> >   We can bickerfest
> >   We can bickerfest
>
> > which i think works pretty good for that refrain thinger in the song.
>
> > anyway, i gotta go now, or i'll miss my daily midnight deadline for
> > posting the new blurbees song of the day.
>
> > i haven't even picked one out for Monday yet, so... i'm really in a
> > rush here.

> Jeez, I feel like I'm raining on the parade tonight, only commenting
> in the negative, but are these songs in the public domain?

i highly doubt it.

hence:

followed by:

so what's up, Arleen?

just in the mood to get whoooooooshed?

anyway, if we DID seriously decide to use either of the songs in an
actual parody advertisement of some sort, it might be interesting to
see what can of argument we could get into about doing so.

it might generate free press, which would be cool.

OTOH, if we were serious about using either (or both) for a youtube
advertising campaign, we could always look into getting permission
upfront and avoid all of the controversial fun.

one would hope that both copyright owners would approve of the
bickerfest parody usages, but you never know.

and even if they somehow didn't approve of the positive nature of
bickerfest, maybe they'd settle for a cut of the net proceeds?

pretty funny notions all around, if you ask moi.

YMMV

blurbees

Aug 6, 2007, 1:47:19 AM8/6/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 6, 1:37?am, blurbees <blurb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 6, 1:16 am, aj <arlee...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> > Jeez, I feel like I'm raining on the parade tonight, only commenting
> > in the negative, but are these songs in the public domain?
>
> i highly doubt it.
>
> hence:

> followed by:

> so what's up, Arleen?
>
> just in the mood to get whoooooooshed?
>
> anyway, if we DID seriously decide to use either of the songs in an
> actual parody advertisement of some sort, it might be interesting to
> see what can of argument we could get into about doing so.

what "kind" of argument, not what "can" of argument.

strange typo.

but it created a new twist on that "can of whup-ass" thinger.

> it might generate free press, which would be cool.
>
> OTOH, if we were serious about using either (or both) for a youtube
> advertising campaign, we could always look into getting permission
> upfront and avoid all of the controversial fun.
>
> one would hope that both copyright owners would approve of the
> bickerfest parody usages, but you never know.
>
> and even if they somehow didn't approve of the positive nature of
> bickerfest, maybe they'd settle for a cut of the net proceeds?
>
> pretty funny notions all around, if you ask moi.
>
> YMMV

this latest typo clarification/tangent brought to you by:

bickerfest blurbees

blurbees

Aug 6, 2007, 3:34:31 AM8/6/07

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBm48SmjxFQ

> > > (where a good argument is worth its weight in B$)

blurbees

blurbees

Aug 6, 2007, 3:44:46 AM8/6/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 5, 3:29?pm, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mOEU87SBTU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvwz58OuZi8

but wasn't it a Carpenter's song first?

i couldn't find that on youtube.

> I'd like to build the world a blog
> And code it through with zest
> We'll use our wits, get mega-hits
> Let's call it Bickerfest
>
> I'd like to teach the world to spar
> In perfect harmony
> We'll play word games and walk through flames
> Agree to disagree
>

> I'd like to see our posts for once
> All woven in a thread
> We'll write of wrongs and flicks and songs
> So, what's inside your head?
>
> That's the post I write
> Let's all write them today
> Our war of words
> That echoes on
> And never goes away
>
> I'd like to build the world a blog
> And code it through with zest
> We'll use our wits, get mega-hits
> Let's call it Bickerfest
>
> I'd like to teach the world to spar
> In perfect harmony
> We'll play word games and walk through flames
> Agree to disagree

blurbees

Message has been deleted

blurbees

Aug 6, 2007, 3:04:50 PM8/6/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 6, 9:37?am, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 6, 12:44 am, blurbees <blurb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Aug 5, 3:29?pm, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mOEU87SBTU
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvwz58OuZi8
>
> > but wasn't it a Carpenter's song first?
>
> When I looked up the lyrics it seemed that the New Seekers did it
> first. I can check further.

i think i was confusing it with:

"sing..., sing a song,
make it simple to
last your whole life long."

blurbees

blurbees

Aug 6, 2007, 3:37:00 PM8/6/07
to bickerfest.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylazkYb0_gg

> i think i was confusing it with:
>
>   "sing..., sing a song,
>    make it simple to
>    last your whole life long."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Doz-9ME2uY

blurbees

aj

Aug 6, 2007, 7:40:50 PM8/6/07
to bickerfest.com

On Aug 6, 1:37 am, blurbees <blurb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > ? We can bickerfest
> > > ? We can bickerfest

It isn't that hard to do. Especially on four hours of sleep.