Let's argue about... Music (and the YouTube Generation)

bickerfest blurbees

Aug 2, 2007, 10:45:13 AM8/2/07
to bickerfest.com
Let's argue about... Music (and the YouTube Generation)

when this bickerfest project finally gets up to speed, i'm hoping that
one of the things that we'll be able to do with it is encourage and
reward talented people who are busy pursuing their dreams -- so that
we all don't miss out on all of the gifts that they have to offer.

i was poking around YouTube for several weeks recently and came across
a LOT of original talent.

much like bloggers, there's a huge amount of people making hilarious
short films, or providing interesting commentary, or making music,
etc..

like these two songsters, for instance:

ysabellabrave
http://blurbees.blogspot.com/2007/07/sotd-0004.html

johnnyOnline
http://blurbees.blogspot.com/2007/07/sotd-0003.html

the former is an amazingly good singer -- very expressive and sensual
(albeit, as far as i can tell, she mostly does cover songs, but does
them quite well most of the time), and the latter is a highly
creative, intelligent, funny, and quite talented high-energy musician/
song-writer on a mission to write a new song every two weeks or so.

anyway, because of the wide diversity of cool people that
bickerfest.com will likely be bringing together, it should end up
being a great place to discover and review these kinds of things -- as
well as argue about them.

so, what neat stuff have you discovered on YouTube?

and what do you think of the two i've mentioned so far?

did you enjoy them as much as i did?

ok.

back to the bickerfest grind for me.

Sincerely,
Mr. B$ Blurbees

http://bickerfest.blogspot.com
(where a good argument is worth its weight in B$)

aj

Aug 2, 2007, 9:33:37 PM8/2/07
to bickerfest.com

I love, love, love Ysabellabrave. She has changed her website. I'm so
glad I discovered her when the vids of herself talking and answering
fanmail were easily found. I'm not sure they're even there any more.
The only way I can describe what I felt when I first watched her was
that when I was little, I wanted to be her when I grew up. I'm a sad
disappointment to myself.

> did you enjoy them as much as i did?

I'm glad you reminded me that she existed. I'd forgotten all about
her. I have this vague notion Zen posted about her once, which is how
I found her.

And I totally enjoyed the second one. It makes me laugh.

---
aj