Let's argue about... the bickerfest logo

blurbees

Aug 6, 2007, 5:52:06 AM8/6/07
to bickerfest.com
Let's argue about... the bickerfest logo

i needed to make it square earlier, so i quickly threw this together:

http://klipt.com/bickerfest-logo-v-1b

...by opening up the first version (which was also a quickie job)
using microsoft paintbrush and then moving around the word pieces so
as to fit them into a smallish square, and then i quickly added some
spray-painted speckles to soften up the stupid-looking hard edges a
bit (and to make the square look somewhat cool within the five minutes
i had alotted myself to work on it) -- using paintbrush's spraypaint
tool after first grabbing a section of the blue sky to use as the base
color for the spraypainting tool.

anyway, at first, i thought the result was awful, though it did serve
its purpose of being a quick square image for a webpage icon
placemarker that i needed for an HTML test thinger i was doing (until
i get more time to make a better logo using corel draw), but now that
i look at it, it has kinda grown on me.

please talk me out of it before i get attached to it.

blurbees

blurbees

Aug 6, 2007, 6:02:45 AM8/6/07
to bickerfest.com

it definitely works better in the second larger size, which is the
actual size, IIRC.

see what i mean?

i'm already defending it.

quick!

intervene!

before i start rationalizing that rushed is better.

wouldn't you just love to work for me?

imagine drawing an actual paycheck from someone like moi.

how long would you last before you decided that it was just too much
fun making fun of me to justify taking my money?

discuss.

blurbees

blurbees

Aug 6, 2007, 6:14:49 AM8/6/07
to bickerfest.com

but before you rush to judgement, take a look at it in action:

http://bickerfest.blogspot.com

this is why i should probably work during normal business hours.

with nobody around to promptly mock me, i go off on too many tangents.

but seriously, it works kinda well here:

http://bickerfest.blogspot.com

i should probably take a little nap just about now.

Message has been deleted

blurbees

Aug 6, 2007, 3:14:47 PM8/6/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 6, 9:35�am, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 6, 3:14 am, blurbees <blurb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Aug 6, 6:02?am, blurbees <blurb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >  http://bickerfest.blogspot.com
>
> I don't know much about logos, etc., but this one, though
> aesthetically pleasing, doesn't grab me as far as giving a sense of
> what the group's about. It's too peaceful, I guess.

so what would you prefer?

blood dripping off the letters?

or maybe each letter has hands and is choking the one next to it?

> I'm not hugely against it though.

well, logos are supposed to work at all sizes, and this one is way too
complicated for that and looks pretty crappy when small (see the
bickerfest google groups home page icon to the upper left) probably
because the way the letters are arranged too close to the edges on the
bottom and cut off partially at the top -- so it looks cluttered and
unbalanced when small.

i like the colors, though.

but i'm probably too easy to please that way.

i mean, i can't even tell the difference between lime and kiwi.

blurbees

Message has been deleted

aj

Aug 6, 2007, 7:35:21 PM8/6/07
to bickerfest.com

On Aug 6, 5:52 am, blurbees <blurb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let's argue about... the bickerfest logo
>
> i needed to make it square earlier, so i quickly threw this together:
>
> http://klipt.com/bickerfest-logo-v-1b
>
> ...by opening up the first version (which was also a quickie job)
> using microsoft paintbrush and then moving around the word pieces so
> as to fit them into a smallish square, and then i quickly added some
> spray-painted speckles to soften up the stupid-looking hard edges a
> bit (and to make the square look somewhat cool within the five minutes
> i had alotted myself to work on it) -- using paintbrush's spraypaint
> tool after first grabbing a section of the blue sky to use as the base
> color for the spraypainting tool.
>
> anyway, at first, i thought the result was awful,

ummm...shall we say, not up to your usual creative abilities?

> though it did serve
> its purpose of being a quick square image for a webpage icon
> placemarker that i needed for an HTML test thinger i was doing (until
> i get more time to make a better logo using corel draw), but now that
> i look at it, it has kinda grown on me.
>
> please talk me out of it before i get attached to it.

get rid of it. too plain. too blah. yuk. pleeeeeeeze get rid of it.

aj

Aug 6, 2007, 7:38:46 PM8/6/07
to bickerfest.com

I actually like the patterned background. But the blue's too washed
out and the lettering doesn't work at all. Different color, different
lettering, and it might do. Must it be square, though?

banterboy

Aug 6, 2007, 10:10:15 PM8/6/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 6, 7:35�pm, aj <arlee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 6, 5:52 am, blurbees <blurb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Let's argue about... the bickerfest logo
>
> > i needed to make it square earlier, so i quickly threw this together:
>
> >  http://klipt.com/bickerfest-logo-v-1b
>
> > ...by opening up the first version (which was also a quickie job)
> > using microsoft paintbrush and then moving around the word pieces so
> > as to fit them into a smallish square, and then i quickly added some
> > spray-painted speckles to soften up the stupid-looking hard edges a
> > bit (and to make the square look somewhat cool within the five minutes
> > i had alotted myself to work on it) -- using paintbrush's spraypaint
> > tool after first grabbing a section of the blue sky to use as the base
> > color for the spraypainting tool.
>
> > anyway, at first, i thought the result was awful,
>
> ummm...shall we say, not up to your usual creative abilities?

i've done better in past?

yippee!

well, it helps to have Corel Draw installed.

unfortunately, it's on one of my hac/ked to oblivion computers so i'll
have to make space on the one i'm using and then find the time to
install Corel (let alone work on the logo itself).

but that's the price i pay for being such an effectively articulate
smartass, i suppose.

which, in turn, pisses off the cowardly hac/kers.

> > though it did serve
> > its purpose of being a quick square image for a webpage icon
> > placemarker that i needed for an HTML test thinger i was doing (until
> > i get more time to make a better logo using corel draw), but now that
> > i look at it, it has kinda grown on me.
>
> > please talk me out of it before i get attached to it.
>
> get rid of it. too plain. too blah. yuk.

yeah, well, i keep waffling back and forth on that everytime i see it.

but i know it sucks.

i'm just trying to save myself some work, hence the rationalizations.

> pleeeeeeeze get rid of it.

yes, dear.

i will.

as soon as i find time to create a better alternative.

OTOH, i've spent way more than my allotted five minutes just chin-
wagging about it.

isn't that how things often happen?

to moi, anyway.

banterboy

banterboy

Aug 6, 2007, 10:24:11 PM8/6/07
to bickerfest.com

there's something about that multi-layered blue-sky/cloud background
that appealks to me.

but only almost, because it could have been done much better.

probably too much finely pixelated detail for a logo, though.

> But the blue's too washed out

i'm not sure i understand that.

the original cloud jpeg seems washed out to me, though.

> and the lettering doesn't work at all.

that's the worst part of it, yep.

font, placement, etc.

> Different color,

like?

> different lettering, and it might do.

maybe.

> Must it be square, though?

well, ideally, yes, but no, it need not be perfectly square.

i was just looking to create a logo that would work well as an icon in
various of the usual places -- like the google groups icon thinger is
square, and some of the blogging gravatars are mostly square (portrait
rectangles), and for that badge idea that you came up with.

plus, i had noticed that i didn't even have a link to bickerfest on my
blurbees.com blog so i needed a basically square logo to throw up
there temporarily in the sidebar thinger.

the original bickerfest logo that i made weeks ago was way too
horizontally rectangular (as well as way too large AND it wasted too
much space image-wise with sky and clouds for such a minaturized
application).

plus, pretty soon, i'm gonna be working on business cards.

and stationary.

banterboy

Jennyjinx

Aug 7, 2007, 11:02:42 AM8/7/07
to bickerfest.com
I have to say that it looks a little too patched and the pixelation on
the edges is very unattractive. I do like the concept though. I agree
that font needs to be different, too. I've got photoshop so if you'd
like me to try to tighten it up for you I can do that. I love to play
with my PS.:)

blurbees

Aug 7, 2007, 4:51:00 PM8/7/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 7, 11:02?am, Jennyjinx <grat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have to say that it looks a little too patched and the pixelation on
> the edges is very unattractive.

see Arleen, this is the way to do it.

no mercy!

> I do like the concept though.

oops, nevermind.

another diplomat.

> I agree that font needs to be different, too.

yeah, fonts can make or break a logo.

> I've got photoshop so if you'd like me to try
> to tighten it up for you I can do that.

um... well, let me give that some thought.

YES!

please do.

THANK YOU!

LOL.

but seriously, it would much appreciated.

i was thinking of maybe running a contest with a $100 prize, in order
to get several options for the price of one like a good little
businessman, but i'm still schmoozing the investors and i haven't even
setup the paypal thinger yet.

so contribute at your own risk. :-)

> I love to play with my PS.:)

well, that's a huge plus.

this afternoon my son reminded me that there's a version of photoshop
on this computer of his, but i've never really explored it and i
certainly don't have the time to learn it right now -- i've got much
more experience with Corel Draw which is not installed here yet, and
there's not much room for it anyway at this point.

so thanks for the offer, Jenny!

but be warned, i'm an ungrateful taskmaster!

if i don't like the direction you go, your generous volunteering of
time and creativity will not spare you my relentless possible tweaks.
<--- perfectionism alert of sorts.

but really i'm not that bad, i'm just proactively giving myself carte
blanche like every rascally businessman should.

blurbees

aj

Aug 7, 2007, 10:21:27 PM8/7/07
to bickerfest.com

On Aug 7, 4:51 pm, blurbees <blurb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 7, 11:02?am, Jennyjinx <grat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have to say that it looks a little too patched and the pixelation on
> > the edges is very unattractive.
>
> see Arleen, this is the way to do it.
>
> no mercy!

You think saying yuk showed mercy?

> > I do like the concept though.
>
> oops, nevermind.
>
> another diplomat.
>
> > I agree that font needs to be different, too.
>
> yeah, fonts can make or break a logo.
>
> > I've got photoshop so if you'd like me to try
> > to tighten it up for you I can do that.
>
> um... well, let me give that some thought.

> YES!
>
> please do.
>
> THANK YOU!
>
> LOL.
>
> but seriously, it would much appreciated.

Jenny beat me to it. I wanted to play before offering first. But it
can only help to have choices, so I played anyway. Results can be seen
here:

http://ajartworks.com/bickerfest/bickerfest.html

I didn't notice until after seeing it up that I cut the oval a bit
short on the edges on the first one. That can be fixed. No time
tonight, though. I was trying to stay in keeping with your blue and
clouds idea. Tomorrow I may deviate and play with other colors.

aj

banterboy

Aug 8, 2007, 7:26:40 AM8/8/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 7, 10:21?pm, aj <arlee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 7, 4:51 pm, blurbees <blurb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Aug 7, 11:02?am, Jennyjinx <grat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I have to say that it looks a little too patched and the pixelation on
> > > the edges is very unattractive.
>
> > see Arleen, this is the way to do it.
>
> > no mercy!
>
> You think saying yuk showed mercy?

well, it's what you said after the yuk that showed mercy.

it's part of your nature.

> > > I do like the concept though.
>
> > oops, nevermind.
>
> > another diplomat.
>
> > > I agree that font needs to be different, too.
>
> > yeah, fonts can make or break a logo.
>
> > > I've got photoshop so if you'd like me to try
> > > to tighten it up for you I can do that.
>
> > um... well, let me give that some thought.

> > YES!
>
> > please do.
>
> > THANK YOU!
>
> > LOL.
>
> > but seriously, it would much appreciated.
>
> Jenny beat me to it.

but you beat her to producing!

> I wanted to play before offering first.

IOW: you're an ideal bickerfester.

> But it can only help to have choices, so I played anyway.

that's my way of thinkins.

fabulous!

i like the first swirly oval one the best, and the second one comes in
second.

go figure.

i don't like the line under the "O" in the .com part though, it's
visually distracting.

> I didn't notice until after seeing it up that I cut the oval a bit
> short on the edges on the first one.

you mean leaving some of the squareness unrounded?

> That can be fixed.

cool.

> No time tonight, though.

slacker volunteers.

what's an ungrateful taskmaster to do?

> I was trying to stay in keeping with your blue and clouds idea.

i like.

Paula won't.

she wants blood and guts, apparently.

> Tomorrow I may deviate and play with other colors.

i can't wait!

(should you be able to find the spare time, that is).

oh, and if you do, please try a square version if you can, miss
slacker volunteer, for applications like the google groups icon (see
also: the above left of this google groups window -- assuming you're
not reading this in email) among other things.

i know it's difficult due to the natural length of the complete
unbroken word, which is why i chopped it into logical sections for my
yukky version.

anyway, thanks Arleen!

i'm totally inspired by your artistic work on those logos!

i was showing everyone.

the only problem i have with any of them is that some of the lettering
is somewhat difficult to read.

in one of them the letter "R" was pretty funky, for instance.

we don't want anyone seeing the logo and not be able to read it easily
(and thus easily commit the name to memory AND get a slight chuckle
while doing so), or worse, not be able to properly type in the name if
say their mouse is broken, ya know?

the only typos we can afford are my stupid ones here.

but anyway, otherwise, graphically, wow, i really liked those first
two alot.

wayyy better than my piece of crap.

i'm ashamed to leave it up there now.

as soon as i get some sleep, i'll be swapping in your first efforts
just to bring some class to this operation, finally.

banterboy

Jennyjinx

Aug 8, 2007, 10:09:56 AM8/8/07
to bickerfest.com
Cool! I like the third one. I really don't appreciate you beating me
to the punch, though. Why are you stealing my thunder? I'm trying to
get in good with the boss here, can't you see that?

Anyway, I bet Paula would like it if you changed the blue to purple.:)

Jennyjinx

Aug 8, 2007, 10:26:12 AM8/8/07
to bickerfest.com
I am indeed a slacker, sir. Count on that.

> but you beat her to producing!

Seems to me she's a bigger kiss-up than me. Well, I tried. Still, I
will attempt it! Have no fear. Still I really like the third one.

aj

Aug 8, 2007, 1:52:58 PM8/8/07
to bickerfest.com

Yes, they're in order of how I like them as well. My thoughts on the
swirly one with the lettering was that I was wanting to show the
letters bumping into each other like what happens when you're standing
in a line and someone pushes causing a chain reaction, but I don't
think it really comes across. I still like it, though. I had the most
fun with it.

> i don't like the line under the "O" in the .com part though, it's
> visually distracting.

That's the way the font is created, but it's easily disappeared.

> > I didn't notice until after seeing it up that I cut the oval a bit
> > short on the edges on the first one.
>
> you mean leaving some of the squareness unrounded?

yeah.

> > That can be fixed.
>
> cool.
>
> > No time tonight, though.
>
> slacker volunteers.
>
> what's an ungrateful taskmaster to do?
>
> > I was trying to stay in keeping with your blue and clouds idea.
>
> i like.
>
> Paula won't.
>
> she wants blood and guts, apparently.
>
> > Tomorrow I may deviate and play with other colors.
>
> i can't wait!
>
> (should you be able to find the spare time, that is).

No time today, alas.

> oh, and if you do, please try a square version if you can, miss
> slacker volunteer, for applications like the google groups icon (see
> also: the above left of this google groups window -- assuming you're
> not reading this in email) among other things.

I did try. It is difficult. More than that, it wasn't fun. ;-)

I'll try again, though, unless Jenny comes up with something that
works before I can get to it.

> i know it's difficult due to the natural length of the complete
> unbroken word, which is why i chopped it into logical sections for my
> yukky version.
>
> anyway, thanks Arleen!
>
> i'm totally inspired by your artistic work on those logos!
>
> i was showing everyone.
>
> the only problem i have with any of them is that some of the lettering
> is somewhat difficult to read.
>
> in one of them the letter "R" was pretty funky, for instance.

How about in the first one? I wondered if it might look overwhelming
and squished. I'll have to search for another font with the openwork
that would look right. I don't have another on my computer. I like the
effect of the lettering being open to the background.

> we don't want anyone seeing the logo and not be able to read it easily
> (and thus easily commit the name to memory AND get a slight chuckle
> while doing so), or worse, not be able to properly type in the name if
> say their mouse is broken, ya know?
>
> the only typos we can afford are my stupid ones here.
>
> but anyway, otherwise, graphically, wow, i really liked those first
> two alot.

I'm glad.

aj

aj

Aug 8, 2007, 2:00:29 PM8/8/07
to bickerfest.com

LOL! Just a little friendly competition. The thought that I might
actually have something to contribute to $Zero for a change was too
much to pass up.

I look forward to seeing your own contribution(s).

aj

banterboy

Aug 8, 2007, 4:51:36 PM8/8/07

http://bickerfest.googlegroups.com/web/logo.jpg

> using microsoft paintbrush and then moving around the word pieces so
> as to fit them into a smallish square, and then i quickly added some
> spray-painted speckles to soften up the stupid-looking hard edges a
> bit (and to make the square look somewhat cool within the five minutes
> i had alotted myself to work on it) -- using paintbrush's spraypaint
> tool after first grabbing a section of the blue sky to use as the base
> color for the spraypainting tool.
>
> anyway, at first, i thought the result was awful, though it did serve
> its purpose of being a quick square image for a webpage icon
> placemarker that i needed for an HTML test thinger i was doing (until
> i get more time to make a better logo using corel draw), but now that
> i look at it, it has kinda grown on me.
>
> please talk me out of it before i get attached to it.

see also my lastest idea about the bickerfest logo in the comment that
i just now left here:

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=2479196846630828698&postID=1384852241531338650&isPopup=true

which is the 21st comment in that comment thinger for the first
Welcome to bickerfest.com blog post:

http://bickerfest.blogspot.com/2007/07/welcome-to-bickerfestcom.html

enjoy the paradoxical nature of it all.

banterboy

banterboy

Aug 8, 2007, 5:55:03 PM8/8/07
to bickerfest.com

well, we're batting a perfect bickerfest thousand then (baseball
metaphor) because i personally think that the thrid one is the least
readable, because of the background contrast, IIRC, or maybe it was
the font.

i liked the fourth alot too except for two things:

1] the blue/white letter shadowing effect was too wide (too thick, i
mean) and made it a little hard to read.

2] the font was a bit bulky itself, thus, in this case anyway,
unecessarily extending the rectangle out longer than it needed to be
(which messes with my desire to make it as tight width-wise as
possible for many of the marketing purposes that logos are used for --
and i don't mean the square alternate logo that we also need for those
times when being a square is not negotiable -- like the google groups
icon, for instance).

but long (width-wise) rectangular logos aren't automatically
disqualified, i guess it just depends on the gains for doing so.

IOW, are the trade-offs for having a lengthy rectangular logo worth
the various losses for it not being relatively tighter?

got any examples of logos that aren't realtively tight width-wise?

i can't think of any off the top of my head.

a lot of it has to do with the logistics of placing ads in newspapers
and magazines, i think.

or even online applications.

> My thoughts on the
> swirly one with the lettering was that I was wanting to show the
> letters bumping into each other like what happens when you're standing
> in a line and someone pushes causing a chain reaction,

that's kind of a negative connotational desire on your part.

yikes.

i saw it more as a swirling dance of intelligent and entertaining
bantering and education.

> but I don't think it really comes across.

not to me, anyway.

> I still like it, though.

i do, but for different reasons.

so we can't even agree on what we DO like about something!

yikes.

welcome to the bickerfest!

an amusing microcosm of life as we know it.

> I had the most fun with it.

it looks fun.

> > i don't like the line under the "O" in the .com part though, it's
> > visually distracting.
>
> That's the way the font is created,

that's what i assumed.

> but it's easily disappeared.

so you _liked_ the disorienting effect?

yet another area of disagreement!

yippee!

that warms the cockles of my fun-loving Argument Marketing heart.

> > > I didn't notice until after seeing it up that I cut the oval a bit
> > > short on the edges on the first one.
>
> > you mean leaving some of the squareness unrounded?
>
> yeah.

probably not enough sleep, right?

> > > That can be fixed.
>
> > cool.
>
> > > No time tonight, though.
>
> > slacker volunteers.
>
> > what's an ungrateful taskmaster to do?
>
> > > I was trying to stay in keeping with your blue and clouds idea.
>
> > i like.
>
> > Paula won't.
>
> > she wants blood and guts, apparently.
>
> > > Tomorrow I may deviate and play with other colors.
>
> > i can't wait!
>
> > (should you be able to find the spare time, that is).
>
> No time today, alas.

slacker merit points!

> > oh, and if you do, please try a square version if you can, miss
> > slacker volunteer, for applications like the google groups icon (see
> > also: the above left of this google groups window -- assuming you're
> > not reading this in email) among other things.
>
> I did try. It is difficult.

yep.

but not impossible.

> More than that, it wasn't fun. ;-)

you were probably just being a contrarian -- Zen's riubbing off on
you.

well, actually, now that i think about it, you've always been like
that.

but pleasently so.

> I'll try again, though,

cool.

> unless Jenny comes up with something that
> works before I can get to it.

why let that stop you?

options-O-plenty is the ideal, as long as you're having fun
experimenting with it, anyway.

> > i know it's difficult due to the natural length of the complete
> > unbroken word, which is why i chopped it into logical sections for my
> > yukky version.
>
> > anyway, thanks Arleen!
>
> > i'm totally inspired by your artistic work on those logos!
>
> > i was showing everyone.
>
> > the only problem i have with any of them is that some of the lettering
> > is somewhat difficult to read.
>
> > in one of them the letter "R" was pretty funky, for instance.
>
> How about in the first one?

that might have been the one with the funky R, but that letter is
always getting slapped around in font packages.

> I wondered if it might look overwhelming and squished.

maybe.

anyway, overall, i liked the "chiseled?" white border effect on all of
the lettering and how it looked three dimensional, though yes, it may
be a bit too busy now that you mention it.

now you're arguing me out of my favorite one!

> I'll have to search for another font with the openwork
> that would look right.

openwork? is that an effect that you can apply in photoshop?

> I don't have another on my computer. I like the
> effect of the lettering being open to the background.

is that how you would describe it?

> > we don't want anyone seeing the logo and not be able to read it easily
> > (and thus easily commit the name to memory AND get a slight chuckle
> > while doing so), or worse, not be able to properly type in the name if
> > say their mouse is broken, ya know?
>
> > the only typos we can afford are my stupid ones here.
>
> > but anyway, otherwise, graphically, wow, i really liked those first
> > two alot.
>
> I'm glad.

me too!

and like i said, i liked the fourth one for the most part, though
additionally i thought that the contrasting colors were too close (and
a bit dim) which probably contributed to its being harder to read.

i'll have to take another peek at the third (and the rest), i'm just
going by memory right now, which i think is a smart way to think
about these logo design issues.

banterboy

Jennyjinx

Aug 8, 2007, 6:17:47 PM8/8/07
to bickerfest.com
Because I'm new I should let you know that I was joking. Only because
I'm full of sarcastic humor and tend to seem bitchy. Sorry.

Anyway, here's my contributions. The top one is the one I'm entering
into the competition.:)

http://www.fabulouslyjinxed.com/Bickerfest_Logos.html

What? You mean there's not really a competition? Shit, that sucks.

aj

Aug 8, 2007, 9:29:09 PM8/8/07
to bickerfest.com

On Aug 8, 6:17 pm, Jennyjinx <grat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Because I'm new I should let you know that I was joking. Only because
> I'm full of sarcastic humor and tend to seem bitchy. Sorry.

I've been reading your blog. No worries.

> Anyway, here's my contributions. The top one is the one I'm entering
> into the competition.:)
>
> http://www.fabulouslyjinxed.com/Bickerfest_Logos.html

Oh, cool. How did you get the blood spattered effect with the rings?

You know, if you moved the fest part down and in a bit, overlapped the
shapes (since the lettering is a different color, too, they can
overlap a little), you could probably get the square look $Zero's
wanting. I like the second one, too, but perhaps the background should
be cut closer in to the lettering, not take up quite so much space.

aj

aj

Aug 8, 2007, 9:52:36 PM8/8/07
to bickerfest.com

yep.

> 2] the font was a bit bulky itself, thus, in this case anyway,
> unecessarily extending the rectangle out longer than it needed to be
> (which messes with my desire to make it as tight width-wise as
> possible for many of the marketing purposes that logos are used for --
> and i don't mean the square alternate logo that we also need for those
> times when being a square is not negotiable -- like the google groups
> icon, for instance).

That one might work well by dividing the word and giving it more
contrast.

> but long (width-wise) rectangular logos aren't automatically
> disqualified, i guess it just depends on the gains for doing so.
>
> IOW, are the trade-offs for having a lengthy rectangular logo worth
> the various losses for it not being relatively tighter?
>
> got any examples of logos that aren't realtively tight width-wise?
>
> i can't think of any off the top of my head.

Twitter. Very simple. Blue and white. Rounded to go with the cloud
like background of its website pages. Which kind of has me wanting to
shy away from the blue and clouds. It's been done.

> a lot of it has to do with the logistics of placing ads in newspapers
> and magazines, i think.
>
> or even online applications.
>
> > My thoughts on the
> > swirly one with the lettering was that I was wanting to show the
> > letters bumping into each other like what happens when you're standing
> > in a line and someone pushes causing a chain reaction,
>
> that's kind of a negative connotational desire on your part.
>
> yikes.

Well, isn't that what peeps'll be doing, kind of pushing back to
maintain balance? Causing a chain reaction of responses? I didn't
think of it negatively. The negative logo I was wondering if I could
pull off had bicker with a fist at the end and fest with a fist at the
beginning punching against each other with one of those Batman POW
outlines (not the word, just the jagged outline) behind it and
confetti and streamers falling over them.

> i saw it more as a swirling dance of intelligent and entertaining
> bantering and education.
>
> > but I don't think it really comes across.
>
> not to me, anyway.
>
> > I still like it, though.
>
> i do, but for different reasons.
>
> so we can't even agree on what we DO like about something!
>
> yikes.

LOL!

> welcome to the bickerfest!
>
> an amusing microcosm of life as we know it.
>
> > I had the most fun with it.
>
> it looks fun.
>
> > > i don't like the line under the "O" in the .com part though, it's
> > > visually distracting.
>
> > That's the way the font is created,
>
> that's what i assumed.
>
> > but it's easily disappeared.
>
> so you _liked_ the disorienting effect?

Yes. It goes along with the word itself. Bickering can be
disorienting. But it also looks festive and happy.

> yet another area of disagreement!
>
> yippee!
>
> that warms the cockles of my fun-loving Argument Marketing heart.

> > > you mean leaving some of the squareness unrounded?
>
> > yeah.
>
> probably not enough sleep, right?

You got that right. How many years have I been doing these late
nights? You'd think I'd learn.

> > > cool.

> > > slacker volunteers.

Tomorrow or Friday.

> > > what's an ungrateful taskmaster to do?

> > > i like.
>
> > > Paula won't.
>
> > > she wants blood and guts, apparently.

> > > i can't wait!
>
> > > (should you be able to find the spare time, that is).
>
> > No time today, alas.
>
> slacker merit points!
>
> > > oh, and if you do, please try a square version if you can, miss
> > > slacker volunteer, for applications like the google groups icon (see
> > > also: the above left of this google groups window -- assuming you're
> > > not reading this in email) among other things.
>
> > I did try. It is difficult.
>
> yep.
>
> but not impossible.
>
> > More than that, it wasn't fun. ;-)
>
> you were probably just being a contrarian -- Zen's riubbing off on
> you.
>
> well, actually, now that i think about it, you've always been like
> that.

Yes. I have, haven't I? Nitpicky to the core. Blame my mother. ;-)

> but pleasently so.
>
> > I'll try again, though,
>
> cool.
>
> > unless Jenny comes up with something that
> > works before I can get to it.
>
> why let that stop you?
>
> options-O-plenty is the ideal, as long as you're having fun
> experimenting with it, anyway.

I really did. I needed this. I've been too focused on so many have-tos
that I haven't been doing any playing with this kind of thing, which I
LOVE doing.

> > > i know it's difficult due to the natural length of the complete
> > > unbroken word, which is why i chopped it into logical sections for my
> > > yukky version.
>
> > > anyway, thanks Arleen!
>
> > > i'm totally inspired by your artistic work on those logos!
>
> > > i was showing everyone.
>
> > > the only problem i have with any of them is that some of the lettering
> > > is somewhat difficult to read.
>
> > > in one of them the letter "R" was pretty funky, for instance.
>
> > How about in the first one?
>
> that might have been the one with the funky R, but that letter is
> always getting slapped around in font packages.
>
> > I wondered if it might look overwhelming and squished.
>
> maybe.
>
> anyway, overall, i liked the "chiseled?" white border effect on all of
> the lettering and how it looked three dimensional, though yes, it may
> be a bit too busy now that you mention it.
>
> now you're arguing me out of my favorite one!
>
> > I'll have to search for another font with the openwork
> > that would look right.
>
> openwork? is that an effect that you can apply in photoshop?

No. The font is made that way. But you could create the effect.

> > I don't have another on my computer. I like the
> > effect of the lettering being open to the background.
>
> is that how you would describe it?

How would you describe it?

aj

blurbees

Aug 8, 2007, 10:57:56 PM8/8/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 8, 6:17?pm, Jennyjinx <grat...@gmail.com> wrote:

Re: Arleen and the "friendly competion" of bickerfest logo making:

> Because I'm new I should let you know that I was joking.
> Only because I'm full of sarcastic humor and tend to seem
> bitchy.

ahem.

>Sorry.

is just a word.

(unless you truly mean it).

"bitch," OTOH, whoa.

that's wayyy more than just a word.

> Anyway, here's my contributions.

thanks Jenny!

> The top one is the one I'm entering into the competition.:)

LOL.

"the competition"

what a great implication (as per your entry).

me, you and Arleen (and others) slashing it out in the bickerfest logo
battle!

> http://www.fabulouslyjinxed.com/Bickerfest_Logos.html

wow. those are really great.

and the bloody one is truly fricken' hilarious!

(though, thinking totally objectively about it, the way you
represented the bloodbath, i doubt most people would quickly make the
connection to blood/battling if they hadn't been following along with
our logo bickering and musings here).

perhaps more cartoonish bloodspills and/or drippings would probably do
that job a bit better, but maybe it's preferable to be subtle about it
-- though i think going for the easier laugh would probably be better,
marketing wise.

love the lettering!

and like Arleen noted, your design could easily be made square given
the way you did the blockings of the elements -- even overlapping them
somewhat would likely be workable in order to squeeze them into an
alternate square-use logo.

very nice indeed.

keep on slacking!

oh, and BTW, please don't refer to me as your (potential) "Boss" as
you did in an earlier post.

i'm quite offended by that kind of language.

if you must insult me, please use the non-politically correct term:

ungrateful taskmaster

...when refering to any future possible business relationship between
us.

thank you for your sincere and kind consideration in that regard.

banterboy

Jennyjinx

Aug 9, 2007, 12:43:48 AM8/9/07
to bickerfest.com

> ahem.
>
> >Sorry.
>
> is just a word.
>
> (unless you truly mean it).
>
> "bitch," OTOH, whoa.

I do mean it, of course. I don't want to come across the wrong way on
accident. I safe the good stuff for the real idiots.

> thanks Jenny!

You're very welcome, you ungrateful taskmaster.

> > The top one is the one I'm entering into the competition.:)
>
> LOL.
>
> "the competition"
>
> what a great implication (as per your entry).
>
> me, you and Arleen (and others) slashing it out in the bickerfest logo
> battle!

It's the bomb-diggity! I love doing stuff like this. Practice,
practice, practice.

> wow. those are really great.
>
> and the bloody one is truly fricken' hilarious!
>
> (though, thinking totally objectively about it, the way you
> represented the bloodbath, i doubt most people would quickly make the
> connection to blood/battling if they hadn't been following along with
> our logo bickering and musings here).
>
> perhaps more cartoonish bloodspills and/or drippings would probably do
> that job a bit better, but maybe it's preferable to be subtle about it
> -- though i think going for the easier laugh would probably be better,
> marketing wise.
>
> love the lettering!
>
> and like Arleen noted, your design could easily be made square given
> the way you did the blockings of the elements -- even overlapping them
> somewhat would likely be workable in order to squeeze them into an
> alternate square-use logo.
>
> very nice indeed.
>
> keep on slacking!

Thanks! I did the first one especially for Paula because she's evil
when she doesn't get her way.:P The impression I was trying to make
was that there was a bloody battle somewhere over the paper the logo
was "drawn" on- the swirl was supposed to be a spot left by a coffee
mug during the brouhaha. Of course, it looks a little odd, but that's
ok.:)

The lettering is called "Alien" (with some drop shadow) and came with
one of my many themes. Cool, huh?

If anyone would like some fonts or brushes I can mail them to you.
I've got some really nice ones.

> oh, and BTW, please don't refer to me as your (potential) "Boss" as
> you did in an earlier post.
>
> i'm quite offended by that kind of language.
>
> if you must insult me, please use the non-politically correct term:
>
> ungrateful taskmaster
>
> ...when refering to any future possible business relationship between
> us.
>
> thank you for your sincere and kind consideration in that regard.

> banterboy

You'll note, taskmaster, that I've taken your advice to heart.
Thanks.:)

blurbees

Aug 9, 2007, 5:03:12 AM8/9/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 9, 12:43�am, Jennyjinx <grat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > ahem.
>
> > >Sorry.
>
> > is just a word.
>
> > (unless you truly mean it).
>
> > "bitch," OTOH, whoa.
>
> I do mean it, of course. I don't want to come across the wrong way on
> accident. I safe the good stuff for the real idiots.
>

> > thanks Jenny!
>
> You're very welcome, you ungrateful taskmaster.
>
> > > The top one is the one I'm entering into the competition.:)
>
> > LOL.
>
> > "the competition"
>
> > what a great implication (as per your entry).
>
> > me, you and Arleen (and others) slashing it out in the bickerfest logo
> > battle!
>
> It's the bomb-diggity! I love doing stuff like this. Practice,
> practice, practice.

check out the home page:

http://groups.google.com/group/bickerfest

i only had time to upload one from each so far, but you get the idea.

> Thanks.:)-

banterboy

Message has been deleted

aj

Aug 10, 2007, 1:07:02 AM8/10/07
to bickerfest.com

On Aug 6, 10:10 pm, banterboy <bickerf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 6, 7:35?pm, aj <arlee...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 6, 5:52 am, blurbees <blurb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Let's argue about... the bickerfest logo
>
> > > i needed to make it square earlier, so i quickly threw this together:
>

> > > ?http://klipt.com/bickerfest-logo-v-1b

> > > ...by opening up the first version (which was also a quickie job)
> > > using microsoft paintbrush and then moving around the word pieces so
> > > as to fit them into a smallish square, and then i quickly added some
> > > spray-painted speckles to soften up the stupid-looking hard edges a
> > > bit (and to make the square look somewhat cool within the five minutes
> > > i had alotted myself to work on it) -- using paintbrush's spraypaint
> > > tool after first grabbing a section of the blue sky to use as the base
> > > color for the spraypainting tool.
>
> > > anyway, at first, i thought the result was awful,
>
> > ummm...shall we say, not up to your usual creative abilities?
>
> i've done better in past?
>
> yippee!

> well, it helps to have Corel Draw installed.
>
> unfortunately, it's on one of my hac/ked to oblivion computers so i'll
> have to make space on the one i'm using and then find the time to
> install Corel (let alone work on the logo itself).

if you get time, you might want to check out this program.
http://www.inkscape.org/. it's a vector-based draw program like corel
draw and it's free. i'm partial to illustrator myself, which is what i
use when i need a draw program, but i do most things in photoshop.
anyway, it's always fun to find these cool free things online. there
are some great people in the world. can you imagine putting the kind
of work into this stuff that these developers do and then letting the
world have it for free? it's simply amazing.

aj

aj

Aug 10, 2007, 1:33:35 AM8/10/07
to bickerfest.com

On Aug 10, 1:07 am, aj <arlee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 6, 10:10 pm, banterboy <bickerf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > ummm...shall we say, not up to your usual creative abilities?
>
> > i've done better in past?
>
> > yippee!

> > well, it helps to have Corel Draw installed.
>
> > unfortunately, it's on one of my hac/ked to oblivion computers so i'll
> > have to make space on the one i'm using and then find the time to
> > install Corel (let alone work on the logo itself).
>

> if you get time, you might want to check out this program.http://www.inkscape.org/. it's a vector-based draw program like corel

> draw and it's free. i'm partial to illustrator myself, which is what i
> use when i need a draw program, but i do most things in photoshop.
> anyway, it's always fun to find these cool free things online. there
> are some great people in the world. can you imagine putting the kind
> of work into this stuff that these developers do and then letting the
> world have it for free? it's simply amazing.
>
> aj

now that i've taken the opportunity to gripe about having to sign out
and in again, if you'd like to try out a program very similar to
photoshop that's also free, it's called gimp. you can get it here:
http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

aj

aj

Aug 11, 2007, 1:07:43 AM8/11/07
to bickerfest.com
More playing. They're all the same theme, different options, and now
I'm quite sick of them and not sure I like the theme at all, but I'll
throw them out there anyway.

http://ajartworks.com/bickerfest/bickerfest.html

aj

Message has been deleted

blurbees.com

Aug 11, 2007, 7:39:21 PM8/11/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 11, 10:36?am, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I like the ones on the left with the jagged text.

i like those alot too.

but it reminds me of vanilla frosting, not jagged edges.

> http://paula-light.blogspot.com

BTW, have you noticed how google has been toggling the error you made
in posting your url in a previous reply (the pizza delivery dude logo
one)?

weird, man.

you left out the dot in dot com, but google repaired it for awhile.

now it's back to:

http://paula-light.blogspot com

too funny.

anyway, i LOVED these new entries from Arleen.

last night (before i finally fell asleep), in order to get a feel for
how the logos worked in action, i put one on the blog page:

http://bickerfest.blogspot.com

i put two of them on the bickerfest gg home page:

http://groups.google.com/group/bickerfest

and i put one on my blurbees.com Song of the Day page.

http://blurbees.com

the one without the full web address (vanilla frosting) needs a bit of
tweaking, but is my favorite of the bunch.

it immediately gave me five pages (and counting) of ideas for
marketing bickerfest.

great work Arleen!

http://blurbees.com

Message has been deleted

blurbees.com

Aug 12, 2007, 12:58:25 AM8/12/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 11, 10:24�pm, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 11, 4:39 pm, "blurbees.com" <blurb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Aug 11, 10:36?am, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > On Aug 10, 10:07 pm, aj <arlee...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

i wrote several paragraphs earlier but i accidently clicked on discard
and my stupid browser doesn't save drafts in these windows, let alone
autosave them.

> > >http://paula-light.blogspot.com
>
> > BTW, have you noticed how google has been toggling the error you made
> > in posting your url in a previous reply (the pizza delivery dude logo
> > one)?
>
> > weird, man.
>
> > you left out the dot in dot com,

and typed a space instead.

> > but google repaired it for awhile.
>
> > now it's back to:
>
> >  http://paula-light.blogspot com
>
> > too funny.
>

> Very strange.

yep.

especially since google sent me carbon copies in email with it in BOTH
ways.

one of the emails went to my bickerfest account and another went to
another account that i have.

anyway, i forget which was which but one of the email CC's had the
"space com" version and the other had the "dot com" version.

and if you recall, that was the post that i emailed you about.

funny thing how it suddenly showed up on google just after i sent you
that email asking you about it, no?

did you get my second email about the investors and whatnot?

> And I see what you mean about how we were both thinking of vanilla
> frosting at around the same time.
>
> What does that imply???

well, it was more than just the vanilla frosting, it was also the
jagged edges aspect.

what does it imply?

who the fuck knows.

i'm just reporting the truth of what happened, exactly how it occured
from my end.

(both here AND in regards to what i reported in your blog comments
about the steak knife/white frosting/bloodbath article you blogged
about).

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=3524590125410381794&postID=9056552746033758550&isPopup=true

am i strangely psychic, OR are you people fucking around with moi, OR
is this the twilight zone?

one would hope that your guess is as good as mine.

http://blurbees.com

blurbees.com

Aug 12, 2007, 2:04:23 AM8/12/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 11, 10:24?pm, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 11, 4:39 pm, "blurbees.com" <blurb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Aug 11, 10:36?am, Ultraviolet <paula.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > On Aug 10, 10:07 pm, aj <arlee...@gmail.com> wrote:

NOTE: this was something like the response i wrote yesterday but which
i accidently discarded.

> > > I like the ones on the left with the jagged text.
>
> > i like those alot too.
>
> > but it reminds me of vanilla frosting, not jagged edges.
>

> Hmm, maybe that's why I liked them!

i LOVE frosting.

i've eaten entire cans of the delictible stuff.

in fact, when i was a kid, i stayed home from school one day,
pretending i had a tummy ache.

when my mother went out shopping i went into the kitchen and made a
whole batch of cake batter just so i could eat it out of the bowl,
uncooked.

it was absolutely wonderful.

until about twenty minutes later.

i remember it well.

i was laying on the couch with a stupidly satisfied grin on my face
watching Bob Barker and all of his cheerful contestants as they
merrily played thru yet another show when suddenly the pain came
bursting thru.

yikes.

i certainly learned my lesson about faking a stomach ache to avoid the
drudgery of a boring day at school.

since then, i've been far more careful about how much sugar i eat in
one sitting.

usually.

(though, it was probably the yeast in the cake batter, not the sugar,
that caused all the pain - i'm guessing, because when i occasionally
give in to my lust for various sugar products and over-indulge, i end
up feeling nauseous and stupid, but no stinging pain).

anyway, i have no idea what all of your cupcake/frosting metaphors
mean over in your cupcake blog (i've only been reading it regularly
for a few weeks -- i only popped in once in awhile before that) --
except i get the feeling that there's some sort of playful sexual
connotation with the cupcakes thinger (boobs?) -- although i AM aware
of the widely-known "muffin" metaphor (pussy, right?).

so anyway, my point is, my mentioning of frosting and cake batter
above are based on actual Betty Crocker frosting and cake batter and
not some sort of fun pun.

another favorite indulgence of mine is that whipped cream thinger, the
one that comes in it's own dispenser (areosol? -- no, they use some
other thing -- one of my friends used to inhale the gas for a high --
crazy fucking dude -- then he'd run up the stairs laughing -- haven't
seen him in decades -- i think he's working construction in Ohio
somewhere -- he had twins).

is it nitros oxide or some such?

whatever, i never did it myself.

a nice cold beer was always more than adequate for moi.

http://blurbees.com

aj

Aug 12, 2007, 5:05:05 AM8/12/07
to bickerfest.com

I can send you the Photoshop file and you, or someone you know who
knows Photoshop, can tweak to your heart's content. I think that Gimp
program can open Photoshop files. I think.

> it immediately gave me five pages (and counting) of ideas for
> marketing bickerfest.
>
> great work Arleen!

I'm glad you're pleased.

aj

blurbees.com

Aug 12, 2007, 5:42:19 AM8/12/07
to bickerfest.com
On Aug 12, 5:05?am, aj <arlee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 11, 7:39 pm, "blurbees.com" <blurb...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> > the one without the full web address (vanilla frosting) needs a bit of
> > tweaking, but is my favorite of the bunch.
>
> I can send you the Photoshop file and you, or someone you know who
> knows Photoshop, can tweak to your heart's content.

what the hell kind of slacker volunteer are you?

whip!

i was just thinking that a small arial(ish)-fonted ".com" would be
good (marketing-wise, anyway), even if it was outside the circle, near
the bottom right (or center) somewhere.

and that maybe the space between the two word segments was too large.

that maybe they should each be brought a bit closer to the center.

also, i was wondering if maybe making the words conform slightly to
the circle arc might not be a way to make a bit more room for the
".com" to be included inside the circle somehow.

which would be vastly preferable to having it outside the circle due
to the pleasing effect of having the swirling blue and white circle
logo being displayed there all by itself, uncluttered -- it's such a
great ball!

looks so cool with a white background, and others.

so, how do you save the jpg or gif file so that the background is
transparent?

so that, if someone placed it on their blog, it would just be a ball
and their blog background color would show though instead of the white
square stuff of the image file.

i'm pretty sure there's a way to do that, but i forget how to go about
it.

IIRC, you choose for the background color an otherwise unused color
that you can set to transparent while saving the file or some such.

> I think that Gimp program can open Photoshop files. I think.

i'm almost certain that i've got a decent version of photoshop on this
computer, just no spare time right now.

see?

i don't even have time to check the start menu.

LOL

but seriously, i'm a master ungrateful taskmaster, aren't i?

> > it immediately gave me five pages (and counting) of ideas for
> > marketing bickerfest.
>
> > great work Arleen!
>
> I'm glad you're pleased.

i am.

very.

and i'm mighty glad that you're glad.

so, are you gonna playfully experiement with any of those alternate
color ideas and alternate whatnots that you were talking about before?

see me crack the ungrateful taskmaster whip!

you love it.

admit it.

whip!

http://blurbees.com

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jennyjinx

Aug 13, 2007, 8:53:29 AM8/13/07
to bickerfest.com
I really like the circle ones. Very cool.

Jennyjinx

Aug 13, 2007, 8:58:13 AM8/13/07
to bickerfest.com

I've finally gotten around to putting up the image enhancements that I
was ordered, er, asked to do.:)

http://fabulouslyjinxed.com/Bickerfest_Logos.html

I didn't do anything as fancy as Arleen. Unfortunately, this past
weekend my life interrupted my photoshopping. Great, huh? Anyway, the
first 5 are new. And the smaller ones demonstrate what they would look
like as avatars.

Now, back to sleep.

aj

Aug 14, 2007, 8:43:41 AM8/14/07
to bickerfest.com

This was more what I had in mind.

http://ajartworks.com/bickerfest/bickerfest.html

aj

Jennyjinx

Aug 14, 2007, 10:11:35 AM8/14/07
to bickerfest.com
Ah, ok. Hmm... The edges look wrong, though. Don't you think? I don't
know. I made one with softer edges, but maybe it's just me. Of course
I hadn't thought about actually moving the words around. :) Duh! Yes,
I freely and happily admit that I'm a little slow. Laugh if you must.

JJ

Jennyjinx

Aug 14, 2007, 10:42:26 AM8/14/07
to bickerfest.com
Arleen,

I've tried again. The top 5 are new.

http://www.fabulouslyjinxed.com/Bickerfest_Logos.html

I also went to your art site and am very impressed. Nice work! I used
to live off of Dale Mabry Hwy, but the way (way back when).

Anyway, if you want the PSD file for what I've already done I can send
that to you and you can play. Alternately I can send you a gif/jpg/png
of each layer and you can put them together. Or not. I just think
you're way more creative than I.

JJ

aj

Aug 14, 2007, 7:47:43 PM8/14/07
to bickerfest.com

On Aug 14, 10:11 am, Jennyjinx <grat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, ok. Hmm... The edges look wrong, though. Don't you think? I don't
> know. I made one with softer edges, but maybe it's just me.

:-) No, it's not you. I had to do some stretching and pulling of the
background sections. I don't mean that's how it should look, I just
wanted to show you what I meant with moving the words themselves.

Of course
> I hadn't thought about actually moving the words around. :) Duh! Yes,
> I freely and happily admit that I'm a little slow. Laugh if you must.

No, not at all. It's this medium. I'm notorious for needing
clarification. That's why I thought it would be simpler to just show
you what I meant.

But I don't want the files. This is your baby. I just wanted to
suggest how it could be manipulated so that it would fit Zero's desire
for a square because I really like the look of it. Much better than
mine. It's more edgy. It fits with the word bicker. I'm afraid I can't
do edgy. My stuff always seems to come out rounded, soft or
overdone. :-(

aj

aj

Aug 14, 2007, 7:53:06 PM8/14/07
to bickerfest.com

On Aug 14, 10:42 am, Jennyjinx <grat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Arleen,
>
> I've tried again. The top 5 are new.
>
> http://www.fabulouslyjinxed.com/Bickerfest_Logos.html

Oh, I like the one with the .com at an angle. Can you try it in the
other direction, too, just to see what that looks like?

> I also went to your art site and am very impressed. Nice work!

Thank you.

I used
> to live off of Dale Mabry Hwy, but the way (way back when).

Oh, wow. Are you still in Florida?

> Anyway, if you want the PSD file for what I've already done I can send
> that to you and you can play. Alternately I can send you a gif/jpg/png
> of each layer and you can put them together. Or not. I just think
> you're way more creative than I.

No way. We have different styles is all. I think sometimes it's hard
to judge our own work. I consider myself rather mediocre and am always
appreciative of constructive input so that I can get better.

aj

blurbees.com

Aug 23, 2007, 8:35:32 AM8/23/07
to bickerfest.com
Let's have a debate about... bickerfest badges

(was: Re: Let's argue about... the bickerfest logo)

On Aug 6, 10:24?pm, banterboy <bickerf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 6, 7:38 pm, aj <arlee...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

>> Must it be square, though?
>
> well, ideally, yes, but no, it need not be perfectly square.
>
> i was just looking to create a logo that would work well as an icon in
> various of the usual places -- like the google groups icon thinger is
> square, and some of the blogging gravatars are mostly square (portrait
> rectangles), and for that badge idea that you came up with.

Arleen said...

You should create a bickerfester badge for people to post on their
blogs.

"I am a bickerfester. Come join the fest and we'll bicker together."

Or something like that.

August 1, 2007 12:52 AM

http://tinyurl.com/233z9j
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=2479196846630828698&postID=1384852241531338650&isPopup=true

[...]

currently, you can get your bickerfest badges on either the BFD blog
or BFD myspace.

BFDB
http://bickerfest.blogspot.com

BFDM
http://www.myspace.com/bickerfest

the BFDB sidebar provides the HTML code for a white background badge
while the BFDM sidebar provides the HTML code for a black background.

banterboy

http://www.blurbees.com