terms:creator an owl:AnnotationProperty?

bastianm

Feb 23, 2010, 11:13:39 AM2/23/10
to Bibliographic Ontology Specification Group
Hi,

I'm using the Bibliographic Ontology with both DC and FOAF via Jena
and Pellet and wondered why I querying for terms:contributor doesn't
give any results for me, even though I've triples with bibo:editor
and terms:creator in my knowledge base, which are rdfs:subPropertyOf
terms:contributor.

Pellet is logging this:
WARNING: Unsupported axiom: Ignoring subproperty axiom between
http://purl.org/dc/terms/creator (AnnotationProperty) and
http://purl.org/dc/terms/contributor (ObjectProperty)
WARNING: Unsupported axiom: Ignoring range axiom for
AnnotationProperty http://purl.org/dc/terms/creator
WARNING: Unsupported axiom: Ignoring equivalent property axiom between
http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/maker (ObjectProperty) and http://purl.org/dc/terms/creator
(AnnotationProperty)

Problem is the statement:
<owl:AnnotationProperty rdf:about="&terms;creator"/>

It declares terms:creator as an AnnotationProperty and breaks the
object properties that are sub properties (bibo:editor, terms:creator,
foaf:maker). When I removed it and recreated the infered model
everything was working correctly. The other AnnotationProperty
declarations seem fine, but this one looks like a bug. Is this
required for something or could you just remove it?

Cheers

PS: Thanks for the work on the Bibliontology, it's very helpful!

bastianm

Feb 27, 2010, 5:20:00 PM2/27/10
On Feb 23, 5:13 pm, bastianm <ai07...@lehre.dhbw-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> Problem is the statement:
> <owl:AnnotationProperty rdf:about="&terms;creator"/>

Thought somebody would comment on this bug and I hoped it will be at
least added to http://bibliontology.com/nextchanges . Who's
responsible for making such a decision?

Cheers

Bruce D'Arcus

Feb 27, 2010, 11:31:50 PM2/27/10
to bibliographic-ontolog...@googlegroups.com

Fred.

Bruce

Frederick Giasson

Mar 1, 2010, 10:08:53 AM3/1/10
to bibliographic-ontolog...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

>> On Feb 23, 5:13 pm, bastianm <ai07...@lehre.dhbw-stuttgart.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Problem is the statement:
>>> <owl:AnnotationProperty rdf:about="&terms;creator"/>
>>>

>> Thought somebody would comment on this bug and I hoped it will be at
>> least added to http://bibliontology.com/nextchanges . Who's

Sorry about that, but I didn't notice this email before. So, I added it
to the next-changes section. Also note that any registered users can add
new changes on the site (create content -> Proposition).

Thanks!

Take care,

Fred

Bastian Müller

Mar 1, 2010, 10:23:19 AM3/1/10
to bibliographic-ontolog...@googlegroups.com
On 3/1/10 4:08 PM, Frederick Giasson wrote:

Hey,

Didn't know that. Thanks for the hint and the add!

Cheers