Blasphemous Scottish artist 'to burn Jesus at exhibition'

Pastor Dale Morgan

Apr 18, 2011, 4:33:17 AM4/18/11
to Bible-Pro...@googlegroups.com
Perilous Times and the Great Falling Away

Blasphemous Scottish artist 'to burn Jesus at exhibition'

By ANI | ANI

London, Apr 18 (ANI): A renowned artist in Scotland has revealed that he plans to set ablaze faces of Jesus Christ l, during this year's Edinburgh Festival.

David Mach says he wants to use religious themes to "expose the hypocrisies of the contemporary world".

Mach has been spending months making two busts out of matchsticks which will be set alight on the street outside the City Art Centre, Edinburgh, which is hosting his religious-themed exhibition, reports the Scotsman.

Best known in Scotland for his Big Heids sculptures on the M8, Mach will also be unveiling four giant crucifix figures made out of coathangers, as well as more than 70 "cinematic" collages inspired by the Bible.

The artist, who admitted having no religious beliefs himself, said he was expecting a lot of interest in the burning of the sculpted heads, but did not anticipate any protests or problems with the authorities.

"We don't really need to ask anyone's permission, we can just burn them outside. I think it is fair enough to burn the head of Jesus if you're going to do the same with the Devil," Mach said. (AN