Texas cleans up after two tornadoes

Pastor Dale Morgan

Oct 25, 2010, 11:49:48 PM10/25/10
to Bible-Pro...@googlegroups.com
Perilous Times and Climate Change

Texas cleans up after two tornadoes

    * From correspondents in Corsicana, Texas
    * From: AP
    * October 26, 2010 2:19PM

CLEAN-UP crews are out in East Texas after two tornadoes destroyed homes, overturned a semi-trailer and left a train car in a high school baseball field.

Video filmed by an emergency official shows one tornado ripping into a school and debris violently swirling inside a thick brown cloud in Rice, a town about 65 kilometres southeast of Dallas.

The video was taken by Navarro County emergency official Eric Meyers, who can be heard yelling "We're in a tornado, we're in the tornado."

The other twister hit near Lone Oak, about 80km northeast of Dallas.

Four people suffered minor injuries, including a driver whose sport utility vehicle was partially crushed when an 18-wheeler hauling a 35-tonne dump truck overturned.

The tornadoes, which hit on Sunday, had speeds of up to 217km/h and 136km/h, the National Weather Service said.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/texas-cleans-up-after-two-tornadoes/story-e6frfku0-1225943759997#ixzz13QvLAnvV