The Vatican promotes devil and demon worship as it hunts for Aliens and UFO's

Pastor Dale Morgan

Nov 10, 2009, 6:19:26 AM11/10/09
to Bible-Pro...@googlegroups.com
*Perilous Times

The Vatican promotes devil and demon worship as it hunts for Aliens and
UFO's*

The Vatican's Pontifical Academy of Sciences is holding its first ever
conference on alien life, the discovery of which would have profound
implications for the Catholic Church.

Aliens and UFO's? According to the Bible they are nothing more then the
physical manifestations of Devils and Demons

By Tom Chivers BBC
Published: 10:20AM GMT 10 Nov 2009

Pope Benedict and the Alien. The Vatican joins the search for alien life

BBC - The Pontifical Academy of Sciences is holding a conference on
astrobiology, the study of life beyond Earth, with scientists and
religious leaders gathering in Rome this week.

For centuries, theologians have argued over what the existence of life
elsewhere in the universe would mean for the Church: at least since
Giordano Bruno, an Italian monk, was put to death by the Inquisition in
1600 for claiming that other worlds exist.

Among other things, extremely alien-looking aliens would be hard to fit
with the idea that God “made man in his own image”.

Furthermore, Jesus Christ’s role as saviour would be confused: would
other worlds have their own, tentacled Christ-figures, or would Earth’s
Christ be universal?

However, just as the Church eventually made accommodations after
Copernicus and Galileo showed that the Earth was not the centre of the
universe, and when it belatedly accepted the truth of Darwin's theory of
evolution, Catholic leaders say that alien life can be aligned with the
Bible’s teachings.

Father Jose Funes, a Jesuit astronomer at the Vatican Observatory and
one of the organisers of the conference, said: "As a multiplicity of
creatures exists on Earth, so there could be other beings, also
intelligent, created by God.

"This does not conflict with our faith, because we cannot put limits on
the creative freedom of God."

Not everyone agrees. Paul Davies, a theoretical physicist and author of
The Goldilocks Enigma, told The Washington Post that the threat to
Christianity is "being downplayed" by Church leaders. He said: "I think
the discovery of a second genesis would be of enormous spiritual
significance.

"The real threat would come from the discovery of extraterrestrial
intelligence, because if there are beings elsewhere in the universe,
then Christians, they're in this horrible bind.

"They believe that God became incarnate in the form of Jesus Christ in
order to save humankind, not dolphins or chimpanzees or little green men
on other planets."

The Academy conference will include presentations from scientists – by
no means all of them Christians – on the discovery of planets outside
our solar system, the geological record of early life on Earth, how life
might have started on Earth, and whether “alien” life of a different
biochemistry to our own might exist here without our knowing, among many
other things.