Millions of Pagans, New Agers and Sci-Fi fans flock to the Avatar Movie

Pastor Dale Morgan

Jan 9, 2010, 3:49:18 AM1/9/10
to Bible-Pro...@googlegroups.com
*Millions of Pagans, New Agers and Sci-Fi fans flock to the Avatar Movie *

Avatar has had phenomenal success at the box office but this is not a
movie for Christians too see

Avatar is on course to become the highest grossing film of all time,
making $1.14bn (£700m) since its release less than three weeks ago.

The Hollywood Reporter said James Cameron's film had overtaken the
$1.12bn (£699m) taken by The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

But Cameron still has a way to go to top Titanic's $1.84bn (£1.14bn).

It is thought that Avatar's huge box office takings are partly due to
the higher cost of 3D film tickets.

Titanic, which starred Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio and won the
best director Oscar for Cameron, made a new box office record during its
release from 1997-1998.

Most expensive

Earlier this month, Avatar became the fastest movie ever to achieve $1bn
(£623m) in ticket sales around the world.

Distributors 20th Century Fox said it had earned more than $350m (£218m)
in the US and more than $670m (£417m) across the rest of the world in
only 17 days.

The sci-fi epic, about a disabled marine who infiltrates a race of giant
blue aliens, mixes live action with digitally-created performances.

It was reportedly the most expensive film ever made, with a budget of at
least $300m (£187m).

In December, Cameron said the movie could be the first part of a trilogy.

"I feel like I have to make a second one now, but that'll only happen if
we make some money with the first one.

"I have a story worked out for the second film, and the third film, but
my lips are sealed," he said.

Meanwhile, it has also been reported that Cameron has set his sights on
another project.

According to film magazine Empire, the director has bought the rights to
Charles Pellegrino's soon-to-be published The Last Train From Hiroshima:
The Survivors Look Back.

The book chronicles two days during and after the atomic bomb drops at
the end of the Second World War, using eyewitness accounts from Japanese
civilians and American pilots who survived the experience.