Despite optimism, Haiti officials reluctantly admit quake death toll will be well over 200,000

Pastor Dale Morgan

Jan 16, 2010, 3:23:38 AM1/16/10
to Bible-Pro...@googlegroups.com
*Great Earthquakes in Diverse Places

Despite optimism, Haiti officials reluctantly admit quake death toll
will be well over 200,000*

15 Jan 2010 22:40:22 GMT
Source: Reuters

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Jan 16 (Reuters) - The death toll from Haiti's
earthquake will be well over 200,000, Interior Minister Paul Antoine
Bien-Aime told Reuters on Friday.

"We have already collected around 50,000 dead bodies we anticipate there
will be well over 200,000 dead in total, although we will never know the
exact number," he said. (Reporting by Andrew Cawthorne; editing by Chris
Wilson)