Does God Control The Weather? Why Does God Allow Natural Disasters?

1 view

-Pastor-Dale-Morgan-

Mar 21, 2012, 8:34:21 AM3/21/12
to Bible-Pro...@googlegroups.com, All-The-Good-News...@googlegroups.com

Does God Control The Weather? Why Does God Allow Natural Disasters?

 Something Is Seriously Wrong With the Weather!

Anyone who has been paying attention will note that large-scale nature-related disasters are increasing.

Every few weeks it seems, Earth unleashes devastating violence of some sort or other. An earthquake---a tornado--a tsunami---a massive storm---a flood---a drought---a rash of wildfires. It levels property, destroys homes, decimates crops, claims lives. And another constellation of survivors are left breathless in its wake, tasked with trying to piece their shattered lives back together.

It is a dreadful reminder of an awesome and important reality.

In our modern world, industrialization has done much to insulate a great many of us from the elements. We have paved over our land. We have abandoned our farms in favor of climate-controlled homes, offices and malls. Concrete, steel and glass shield us from routine rain, hail, sleet, snow, heat, chill. These former crop-killers, for most of us, are now mere inconveniences.

It’s only when nature gets really nasty---when rains turn to floods, when snows stop our planes, when droughts demand water restrictions, when a temblor topples infrastructure---that we even think to acknowledge the power it still holds over us. It dwarfs us. Impressive as our Tower of Babel society is, it remains awkwardly vulnerable to the sheer elemental power of the planet in its fury.

History shows, in fact, that whole societies have risen or fallen because of favorable or foul forces of nature.

And in recent times, violent outbursts of those forces have been speeding up in tempo.

Visit our Web Site to read the latest posted sermon entitled:

Does God Control The Weather? Why Does God Allow Natural Disasters?

At: http://www3.telus.net/thegoodnews/naturaldisasters.htm