soap 2.18 problem

Xiaomin Ying

Jul 10, 2009, 9:07:49 AM7/10/09
to bgi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

When I mapped short reads to human genome using soap 2.18, lots of errors of "length y < 0, countinue as 13" occurred and a fatal error of "Segmentation fault" occurred in the end. What's the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Best,
Xiaomin

chang yu

Jul 13, 2009, 2:48:32 AM7/13/09
to bgi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xiaomin,

Is there many reads shorter than 30bp?

This will cause theSegment fault.

Chang

Xiaomin Ying

Jul 13, 2009, 2:53:33 AM7/13/09
to bgi-...@googlegroups.com
Yes. I also found it. Anyway, thank you very much!

Xiaomin

Spade

Jul 20, 2009, 1:58:29 PM7/20/09
to BGI-SOAP
Hi Chang,

So, does SOAP not support reads shorter than 30 bp. In my
case, I have SBS reads which are initially 40+ bp long, but separation
of a 5 prime adapter from these reads leaves me with reads that range
from 18 bp to 37 bp length. Does SOAP offer a solution for matching
these to large genomic files at the promised speed? I'd appreciate
your response a lot.

Thanks,
Spade

On Jul 13, 2:48 am, chang yu <ychang0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Xiaomin,
>
> Is there many reads shorter than 30bp?
>
> This will cause theSegment fault.
>
> Chang

chang yu

Jul 21, 2009, 6:34:03 PM7/21/09
to bgi-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Spade,

Actually, current version SOAP could support shorter reads, but it will be lost some case when there are 2 or more mismatches, so we do not recommend to do this.

Chang

Spade

Jul 23, 2009, 6:15:57 PM7/23/09
to BGI-SOAP