Becoming Other to Premature Baby, French Birth Rates

Beyond_Ideologies

Aug 5, 2011, 6:30:48 PM8/5/11
to Beyond_Ideologies
Becoming Other to Premature Baby, French Birth Rates

Thank you for sharing all of that with us. Yes, those are very large
family sizes. Hard for me to imagine what that would be like.

Yes of course I know about the Basque. I had not known that Basque
shepards emigrated to Nevada and California.

The Basque are in the South, in the Pyrenees, right? Guernica Spain
is Basque. I believe the Basque were active in opposing Franco.

According to Yale's John Merriman the areas with the super low birth
rates are Agen and Provencal, in the South.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provence

Its the area around Agen where they send the condolences cards.

That's very funny, your grandmother cursing out the priest!

I think everyone who has any connection to the Catholic Church knows
that the big drop in vocations is directly tied to the smaller family
sizes. Priests will say that its because parents want grandchildren,
and so they don't want to give up any children to religious vocations.

But I have listened to stories where they've had shows of hands in
seminaries as to how many children there were, and it runs from around
5, up to about 22. Priests tend to come from large families, and not
many of these exist any more.

I don't think its really just about grandchildren. I think the
religious vocations always were about escaping from a compulsory
family dynamic. Its just that they aren't honest about it. Never
have been honest, and aren't even honest with themselves.

http://sites.google.com/site/augustinesconfessions/

The South of France has always been curious. Merriman says that
Lourdes always did have high church attendance. Not de-Chrisitanized
at all.

By tradition and legend, Mary Magdalene spent her last years in the
South of France.

According to Merriman, "The 1789 revolution was primarily a civil war
against the Catholic Church." I know that most people are not aware
of this and don't see it as being related to birth rates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUt6yKPgBs4&feature=BFa&list=PLE653BF062C136B62&index=5

According to him, this is why you have these areas with low birth
rates, and overall a lower birth rate than other countries had, and
much earlier.

Do you know anything about the Cathar movement and then the
Albigensian Crusade which crushed it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albigensian_Crusade

When I first listened to Merriman explain about the condolences cards,
the only explanation I could think of was the Cathars. Only with them
and with some of the other movements which influenced them, might you
find such attitudes. So I started looking at maps to figure out where
Agen was and if there could be any connection.

I was just speculating, because I have never heard of anything like
such condolences cards.

So someone on another board give me this:
http://warandgame.com/2009/12/29/agenais/

Yes, Agen was a Cathar stronghold and it was a place where Cathars
were burned.

So if there is a connection, then the change in thinking started way
before 1789. The Cathars go back to the 11th and 12th Centuries.

Do you know if there is any connection between the low birth rates and
continuing Catharism of some sort?

Always Good to Hear from You
BO

http://freedomtoexpress.freeforums.org/index.php