SOLUTION to broken preview function

Geitje

Jun 27, 2011, 5:22:10 PM6/27/11
to Better Firefox Extensions
Better Greader does not seem to be updated anymore, requests are long
pending.
Use the following addon instead:
https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/googlereaderplus/
The adddon site seems to be wierd (chinese or so chars), but he addon
itself is english and neat. It is a complete replacement for Better
Greader, with nice features. I use it 2 days now, and I think it's
even more functional than Better Greader.

Markus Maier

Jun 27, 2011, 5:28:25 PM6/27/11
to Better Firefox Extensions
I'm using it, too, but I don't like it.

I more like Better GReader's behavior: First click = preview with
short version of the clicked item, second click opens the item's link
inside GReader as a frame.

Such a setting is not possible with this addon :-(

Kathie Boyle

Jun 27, 2011, 5:54:58 PM6/27/11
to better-gmail-2-f...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that is the option I am looking for, where I can read the full item and comment directly in Google Reader without having to go directly to the website.  Hopefully someone will help fix it.

Geitje

Jun 28, 2011, 6:03:13 PM6/28/11
to better-gmail-2-f...@googlegroups.com
Then try one of the several scripts on
http://userscripts.org/scripts/
Search on "google reader preview", I think I saw one with the function you mention.

Michael S

Jul 3, 2011, 5:20:47 AM7/3/11
to better-gmail-2-f...@googlegroups.com
Pretty much all of the google reader preview scripts are based on the one that's broken.

Oddly enough, this one seems to work: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/104722

It adds an Instapaper preview button. I have no Earthly idea what that means, and it just tends to light up whenever you hit preview, but beyond that I haven't seen it do anything untoward.

So, in summary: working preview, ty Geitja, yay team!

Ivan Dimitrov

Jul 7, 2011, 2:12:56 PM7/7/11
to Better Firefox Extensions
You can do something similar with GoogleReaderPlus.
Go to Options -> Item -> Preview. Check both checkboxes - preview to
"click button" and the Keyboard shortcut to "Page(iFrame)"
In this way when you click you will see the preview, and on the
shortcut the site will open in the reader. The other way around is
also possible.
The best workaround ever. Better gReader -> disabled, but waiting for
update!

On Jun 27, 11:54 pm, Kathie Boyle <theopp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, that is the option I am looking for, where I can read the full item and
> comment directly in Google Reader without having to go directly to the
> website.  Hopefully someone will help fix it.
>
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Markus Maier <markus.maie...@googlemail.com

spanishgringo

Nov 17, 2011, 6:39:00 AM11/17/11
to better-gmail-2-f...@googlegroups.com
Try my userscript to add preview to posts (click preview link next to post title or use SHIFT+V)

http://spanishgringo.blogspot.com/2011/11/fixing-bad-google-reader-redesign-with.html

At the moment it only works in post view not list view, but it also makes much better use of the screen and improves some of the readibility.